Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hey girlies, right dubs yes pack up and move in there's always room for another at my table .
Ernie I'm not doing all that grand either but even if it's one meal a day that's cool. Just thought it would be fun to try and we can all die laughing together. It's been really hard but a real eye opener to how few colourful fruit n veggies we have.
So good luck all for weigh in tomoro I'm floating around the same 3 lb every week god knows what's going on and I'm trying hard .
Any requests for tips/ advice/ meal ideas/ syn values/ challenge for next week ??
Answers on a postcard xx

Last edited:
Hi girls, i did traffic lights for 2 days for the fun element, but it quickly wore off, i like to eat what i fancy & SW firs in beautifully with that, but being governed by colours means you end up eating random meals, so that doesn't fit with me.
Good luck to the folks it suits tho.

The usual A+ eating today, Pool for me 2 nite, followed by a nice sauna :D

Pebbles would you mind posting the recipe for the chicken? It looks lovely!

Nervous about WI tomorrow - fingers crossed!

It's all I can do to stay on track without trying to incorporate colours - I thought you'd let me off this week Pebs! But I inadvertently had all three for my dinner tonight - inside the fish stew and added red and yellow peppers as well as a courgette!

sus_murf said:
It's all I can do to stay on track without trying to incorporate colours - I thought you'd let me off this week Pebs! But I inadvertently had all three for my dinner tonight - inside the fish stew and added red and yellow peppers as well as a courgette!

Go smurf :)

Everyones food sounds good x.
I had a mushroom omelette with Quorn sausages & salad tonight, needed something quick & simple.
Pool was awesome tonight, great wee workout.
Catching up on me now tho, sleep time :)
Night all, Megs <3

sus_murf said:

You see, it's easy when you know how. It's all about your 5 a days but latest research is showing it has to be varied in colour because alot of us don't get enough reds and greens. There science/ medical bit over.

So the chook recipe is dead easy .

2 onions sliced or quartered
Peppers whatever colours you have . Tonight I used half red half green.
4 cloves garlic chopped
4-5 spring onions. Chopped
Fresh or lazy chilli
Sea salt
Black pepper
Frylight
4 chicken breasts

Frylight the pan , add onion and peppers, cook until going soft, add spring onion, garlic and 1 tsp lazy chilli ( or chopped red chilli amount depending on your level of heat )
Cook 4 mins then add 2 good heaped tsp sea salt and teasp black pepper
Add chicken breasts sliced. Stir occasionally until chicken cooked through. Taste and add more salt / chilli/ pepper as desired. Serve with sw chips, jacket , salad, in a pitta, etc. enjoy xxx

Heres one to try for those missing chicken burgers
Found on the recipe blog- Slimming World recipes
My blog for all my Slimming World recipes, hopefully to inspire others
Friday, 4 March 2011
Chicken burgers
5 syns , serves 2 or save 5 syns use smash instead of breadcrumbs

2 chicken breasts
1 clove garlic
salt & pepper
1 tsp of mixed herbs
28g of golden breadcrumbs (5 syns)
1 beaten egg
fry light

1. Blended the chicken breasts with the garlic, salt & pepper & herbs

2. Shape the blended chicken mixture into 4 smaller flat burgers

3. Dip in the egg and then coat in breadcrumbs

4. Spray a baking tray with fry light, place the burgers on and then lightly spray with fry light

5. Oven bake on 180c for 35 minutes

Oh I like the sound of those chicken burgers!! Yum!

Had my WI - down 2.5lb so happy with that, here's to a more organised week!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done everyone. I am calling it STS as my scales are playing up and show a massicve gain for the week which is not possible (I have reviewed my diary and can't see anything wrong).

Hi lovlies x

Wee update: the wrecking has commenced, lets just say the lounge is.....um not quite there yet

image-3688697581.jpg

:O

erniebert said:
Oh I like the sound of those chicken burgers!! Yum!

Had my WI - down 2.5lb so happy with that, here's to a more organised week!

Well done ernie , hope you get your scales sorted Rosie how annoying for you x

Another chicken recipe for you:

Tarragon chicken pie
-------------------------

This one requires left over veg from Sunday roast for example.

Pack of instant mash
2 chicken breasts
Tsp tarragon
Salt pepper
Chicken stock cube or chicken Bovril
Chicken gravy granules
Garlic granules,
Onion powder
Cayenne or paprika

Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and fry in frylight. add tarragon.
Mash left over veggies and add to chicken When cooked . I had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sprouts and parsnips - mashed them into a mush and added to pan. Add veg stock cube and gravy granules and enough water to make to a sauce consistency . Add salt and pepper. Allow to cool. Mix instant mash to stiff like pastry add garlic granules/ onion powder / paprika etc or herbs to add flavour. Roll out and make a pastry like bottom and lid for a small pie dish. I did individuals like you get in a fish shop, but you could do a larger one. Fill with chicken mix, add Lid and bake for 15 mins .

image-500857926.jpg

2.4lb on for me this week.. No real reason behind it other than I had last Thursday off as I was out boozing.. Started early n ended late so ALLOT of alcohol was consumed.. Also am due * week over the weekend.. So onwards and downwards for a new week..
Good luck y'all :)

Best of luck for this week dubchick!

Late to the party with the WI as i just found the box with my scales in, have most things boxed up for moving to Matthews place til our new house is finished.
I'm down 1lb leaving me at 9stone 3.
Invited to a Stew Night tonight, raising £ for Matthew's footy team, should be fun x

Back