Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I'm down 3.5lbs this week - so am happy with that - I didn't really start till Monday though. I started hubby on it as we'll - his blood pressure and cholesterol are high and the doc advised him to lose some weight - he's taken to it like a duck to water - being really rigid with the rules and walking every lunch time - he had 7 pounds lost by Thursday!

Congratulations sus! That's great that your hubby has really got into it - I find it a big help that my husband is doing it with me as we spur each other on and he's not being a bad influence on me!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sus_murf said:
I'm down 3.5lbs this week - so am happy with that - I didn't really start till Monday though. I started hubby on it as we'll - his blood pressure and cholesterol are high and the doc advised him to lose some weight - he's taken to it like a duck to water - being really rigid with the rules and walking every lunch time - he had 7 pounds lost by Thursday!

Smurfy I love you!
Well done my little chook, so so proud of you. Keep it going and get on here if u feel a wobble coming.
Really chuffed for you x

Can anyone recommend a recipe using ff fromage frais? I have half a tub in the fridge that I don't want to waste!! I was never able to get it before now so have no clue!!!
You can use it as dessert with fruits, honey or in soup (when you have dished it up, pur in ff and mix). Also can be used in pasta bake on jacket potato, use as salad ressing (mix with herbs & spices). som epeople use it to make SW quiche but I can't see the point. Also you can make potato gratin (peel potatoes, slice and cook . Let to cool dowm, mix ff with a little milk, salt & pepper, spices (optional), put potatoes in an oven proof dish, pour over mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes. you can add some grated chese on to and it is lush).

sus_murf said:

Go husband! 7lbs is fab. & well done you too, that's a great loss.
You can encourage each other now, Team Sus_Murf ;)

Rosielea said:
You can use it as dessert with fruits, honey or in soup (when you have dished it up, pur in ff and mix). Also can be used in pasta bake on jacket potato, use as salad ressing (mix with herbs & spices). som epeople use it to make SW quiche but I can't see the point. Also you can make potato gratin (peel potatoes, slice and cook . Let to cool dowm, mix ff with a little milk, salt & pepper, spices (optional), put potatoes in an oven proof dish, pour over mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes. you can add some grated chese on to and it is lush).

I can second the Gratin, really yum :)

Well Friday nights stew night was good, the team raised a cool £800 so they are happy campers :)
Had a lovely hearty stew with butternut squash, potatoes & aubergine. Skipped dessert to leave a little scope for Saturday nights revelry, an overnight for my friends bday. Had a pasta dish for dinner, then a fudge sundae. This mornings breakfast was good, then lunch was fajitas, not too bad, dessert was salted caramel & chocolate tart with yellowman ice cream. Perfectly healthy. Not! Lol. But very delicious & it was a celebration weekend.
Packing to do this evening, honeymoon in the morning. Determined to make it the best 3 weeks of my life! Don't have the same tolerance for sweet treats anymore, so think i will be fine, plus our villa has a huge private pool, so i'll be making full use of that.
Happy Sunday guys, hope your weekends were fab! Megs xx

Well Friday nights stew night was good, the team raised a cool £800 so they are happy campers :)
Had a lovely hearty stew with butternut squash, potatoes & aubergine. Skipped dessert to leave a little scope for Saturday nights revelry, an overnight for my friends bday. Had a pasta dish for dinner, then a fudge sundae. This mornings breakfast was good, then lunch was fajitas, not too bad, dessert was salted caramel & chocolate tart with yellowman ice cream. Perfectly healthy. Not! Lol. But very delicious & it was a celebration weekend.
Packing to do this evening, honeymoon in the morning. Determined to make it the best 3 weeks of my life! Don't have the same tolerance for sweet treats anymore, so think i will be fine, plus our villa has a huge private pool, so i'll be making full use of that.
Happy Sunday guys, hope your weekends were fab! Megs xx

Megs have afab honeymoon. where are you going. I hope weather is better there.

Rosielea said:
Megs have afab honeymoon. where are you going. I hope weather is better there.

Thanks Rosielea, i will!
We are off to Tanzania, Matthew checked earlier & it was 26 degrees today :D Let's hope that trend continues for us. Bedtime for me, flight tomorrow xx

Sorry guys been a crap few days. Youngest been poorly, and had sickness bug, was her birthday yesterday and she was asleep or puking for most of it. My birthday today and she was a bit better but I had work yuk,
Spoilt rotten by other half who bought me an iPad, oh my gosh, !!!
Kids were great and got me flowers make up and a big chocked cake. Went out for a Chinese so I'm gonna be well over the scales edge tomorrow. Oops but what a lovely birthday xxxx

Back