Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Good Sunday morning to you all.

Big fan of the warburtons pitta pockets at 4 syns per half pocket. And packs are in the pound shops down this way

Brunch yesterday was a pitta half with chicken tikka and a slice of emmental cheese
A ww chocolate biscuit

Dinner, balsamic tomato and bacon pasta yum, a bowl of melon and grapes.

Plus I had a snack of garlic breaded mushrooms - sw style but forgot to take a picture before devouring them so I will make them again this evening and add them on here.

Breakfast today was poached eggs x2 on 2 slices ww granary, plus 1 slice of ww bread with a scraping of marg and marmalade. (1b + 3 syns for marg and marmalade )

Off to the garden centre now for fish tank weeds and an obligatory coffee stop.

Xxxx

Hi just wondered if i could join i've also been doing it on and off for a few yrs was having ok weight losses then stopped. so stopped going then joined ww then stopped, and since then been trying to do it at home but losses are going slow . sorry for essay xxx

Hi just wondered if i could join i've also been doing it on and off for a few yrs was having ok weight losses then stopped. so stopped going then joined ww then stopped, and since then been trying to do it at home but losses are going slow . sorry for essay xxx
Hi Manda course you join... Its Thursday WI but I WI Friday so its all gravy :D
Dubs, have you tried the slimming world ferroro roche? at least this way the scan brans disguised?

1 syn each
INGREDIENTS
5 scan bran / rye bread / original ryvita
3 tbsp nutella
2 tbsp golden syrup

1. Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits
  2. Stir in nutella and syrup
  3. Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)
  4. Put in fridge for an hour

No not tried them (or heard of them) but will defo give them a go :D Thanks

Morning campers, its all gone a bit quiet on the challenges so I' ll give you another one. Dubs you're doing great on the 'find something new challenge' as most of the sw meals are new to you- not so much the ingredients but the quantities and the way you can have so much free food.
I love asparagus but don't use it much so I've got some to do my chicken mushroom and bacon dish with asparagus and mash for tomoro.

Ok the new challenge mid week is to make sure there are 2 pieces of fruit added to your day . I've slipped this week and had none yesterday so check in with fruits this week gang x

Morning campers, its all gone a bit quiet on the challenges so I' ll give you another one. Dubs you're doing great on the 'find something new challenge' as most of the sw meals are new to you- not so much the ingredients but the quantities and the way you can have so much free food.
I love asparagus but don't use it much so I've got some to do my chicken mushroom and bacon dish with asparagus and mash for tomoro.

Ok the new challenge mid week is to make sure there are 2 pieces of fruit added to your day . I've slipped this week and had none yesterday so check in with fruits this week gang x
Morning.. Yep.. I think Minimins on a whole has been really quiet the last 24 hours...
OK so for fruit.. Am on it :D I've had strawberries so far this morning.. Will have a grapefruit at some stage this morning too...
Then my usual banana and mandarins for snacks thru-out the day...

Was up this morning frying up my workers pancakes and laid out all the toppings.. HAD to have just one :D
So I had chocolate spread, marshmallow fluff (low fat) and fresh strawberries on mine :D Was HEAVEN!!!

Well done Bex And dubs, so 2 extra veg for you Bex and fruit for me and dub. I've had muesli yogurt and grapes, so that's one.

Lunch was my yummy jacket with cheesy mustard and spinach mushroom topping.

Dinner tonight mushroom lasagne or cannelloni and blueberry pancakes.

Pancakes for everyone today then yippee .

Now the next hurdle is valentines, what's everyone's plans? I'm working in family planning clinic so I expect a quiet night lol. And other half works nights so no celebrating for me this year. :(

image-367206180.jpg

Tonight's dinner

SPINACH RICOTTA AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE
February 12, 2013

Serves 2-3

I used;-
Half a large bag of spinach
1 tub of ricotta
1 egg
Lasagne sheets
1 carton passata
3 handfuls of mushrooms
1 garlic clove
Tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven gas 6

1) Chop spinach and mushroom and throw into a bowl with tub of ricotta and a beaten egg,
2) add chopped garlic nutmeg season and mix.
3) place 3 lasagne sheets broken if required to fit a small ovenproof dish
4) layer 1/3 of mixture on top
5) drizzle some of the passata over the mixture, then layer again with lasagne and ricotta mix then passata, and repeat.
6) finally grate allowance of cheese on top and season. Bake until cooked and cheese has melted.

image-2687329990.jpg

image-1423464414.jpg

Wednesday ! Yikes only a few hours until thurs weigh ins. Mind you, I've been good and stuck to plan mostly. Struggled with the water intake, with it being so cold n snowy out.
Fruit is coming along nicely , grapes and blueberries yesterday, melon and apple so far today.

Here's my tea for this evening.

CHICKEN BACON, LEEK & MUSHROOM
February 13, 2013

Serves 2. Syn free

1 onion sliced
4 rashers bacon cut into pieces
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1 leek thinly sliced
Handful of mushrooms sliced
Salt and pepper
Chicken stock cube or stock pot
200ml water

Frylight a pan, cook onion and leeks until soft.
add bacon, mushrooms and chicken. When chicken is sealed on all sides,add stock and water, season , cover and leave to cook for 10 mins.

Mash some potatoes with Philly light and serve with asparagus spears.

image-96223913.jpg

Wednesday ! Yikes only a few hours until thurs weigh ins. Mind you, I've been good and stuck to plan mostly. Struggled with the water intake, with it being so cold n snowy out.
Fruit is coming along nicely , grapes and blueberries yesterday, melon and apple so far today.

Here's my tea for this evening.

CHICKEN BACON, LEEK & MUSHROOM
February 13, 2013

Serves 2. Syn free

1 onion sliced
4 rashers bacon cut into pieces
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1 leek thinly sliced
Handful of mushrooms sliced
Salt and pepper
Chicken stock cube or stock pot
200ml water

Frylight a pan, cook onion and leeks until soft.
add bacon, mushrooms and chicken. When chicken is sealed on all sides,add stock and water, season , cover and leave to cook for 10 mins.

Mash some potatoes with Philly light and serve with asparagus spears.

View attachment 79234
Looks and sounds so easy and delicious!!
Fruit yesterday for me was 2x mandarins and a banana and some strawberries
Today will be half a grapefruit, 2x mandarins, banana, and some more strawberries :D

Didn't make WI on Tuesday night so am going to a different meeting this evening to get it done n out of the way.. And then will be back to Tuesday WI ...

Morning all,

5lbs off this week so very pleased. I eat alot of fruit and veg but usually the same things. I would love to learn new things to do with asparagus or use courgettes more

Hope everyones having a great week - oh and happy valentines day

xx

Wow Jen well done be very proud of yourself. I've lots of recipes so let me know what you need.x

Excellent loss Bex well done. Xxx
1/2lb for me , expected more but 1/2 is a 1/2 ,lol.

Having a couple of tiny treats tonight as its valentines and weigh in day. Had 2 thorntons chocs, a bag of cheese n onion crisps and a small jelly heart x

Back