Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

hi everyone hope you are all still loosing ,thanks for writing your food diarys down ,i am geting some ideas from them,Dubs how many syns was your subway meal i was going to have one last week while i was out shoping but didnt no the syns for them good luck to you all

hi everyone hope you are all still loosing ,thanks for writing your food diarys down ,i am geting some ideas from them,Dubs how many syns was your subway meal i was going to have one last week while i was out shoping but didnt no the syns for them good luck to you all

No idea hun. I don't hav access to sw online ATM

Here we go linmac, hope this helps a bit xx

standard sub (white or wheat) is 9 syns. The steak and cheese sub is 17 syns plus extra if you are adding any sauces.

chicken, turkey and ham are free on EE and red so 9 syns for the bread or get a salad instead. all salad apart from olives (0.5 syns)
A serving of sweet onion sauce is only 2 syns if you wanted something instead of mayo

The sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad is 5 syns, 3 for the salad (the chicken is in a marinade) and 2 syns for the sweet onion sauce.

Morning ladies! Well afternoon I suppose but doesn't feel like it!

How do you cope on weekends? I find it so hard and usually is when I fall off the wagon! So far today I have had a skinny caramel latte so (a) and syns for caramel, we are having lunch/dinner out god knows what I'll have, maybe nandos :)

What's everyone's plans today? Xx

Morning ladies! Well afternoon I suppose but doesn't feel like it!

How do you cope on weekends? I find it so hard and usually is when I fall off the wagon! So far today I have had a skinny caramel latte so (a) and syns for caramel, we are having lunch/dinner out god knows what I'll have, maybe nandos :)

What's everyone's plans today? Xx

Weekends are mixed for me. Off alcohol at the mo so just good choices are bad. So far today I've had 2. Packs of maltesers. Oops

Bad girl dubby!

Breakfast for me - tea and a slice of toast with marg and marmite. -( 1/2 b and 1 syn)

Saturdays mean step kids , and I've got mine this weekend too, so it's 6 meals arggggh . OH says 'let's order pizza' nooooooo we don't says mrs sensible. Too expensive to eat take outs for 6 - 2 of which include 2 ' never full 15 yr old boys' plus I'm sticking to plan thank you!
So easiest option with that lot is pasta and garlic bread.
So lunch first which said a quick goodbye to a large pack of eggs!

Lunch - Spanish omelette - peppers, tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, spinach (1 hea)

image-2102674355.jpg

So then Dinner is a spicy sausage pasta that I'm throwing together. I've got some Lloyd grossman pasta sauces that work out at 11 syns for the jar so then divided by servings. Plus some joes sausages .
Be back with the result xx

Last edited:
Pebbles your meals always sound and look so lovely! I wish I always had the time to cook, I went to nandos and have spicy rice and a chicken with salad pitta so hoping that isn't too bad! But I then went the cinema and had a few scoops of bens Ben and jerry's core Sundae!!!! Syns definitely gone for today!

It's now pouring here :( so much for an evening walk, looks like an evening on front of the tv! Xx

Pebbles your meals always sound and look so lovely! I wish I always had the time to cook, I went to nandos and have spicy rice and a chicken with salad pitta so hoping that isn't too bad! But I then went the cinema and had a few scoops of bens Ben and jerry's core Sundae!!!! Syns definitely gone for today!

It's now pouring here :( so much for an evening walk, looks like an evening on front of the tv! Xx

Oh and bad bean too. What am I going to do with you two this weekend., lol. Well done on a good choice at nandos. I always have the chicken pitta too but I add cheese - oops.

My problem is evenings in front of the tv, OH works nights so I sit alone (ahhhhhhhhh) no sorry I can't hear the sympathy ! (AHHHHHHHHHH! ) that's better. So I usually succumb to a snack but I save some syns for chocolate options with a squirt of light cream and maybe a cake bar etc.

Xx

Well here she is and she was an absolute beauty ! A real must do again and the kids loved it! Hooray I'm in favour again.

So here it is

PEBBLES CHILLI PIGGY PASTA
------------------------------------
Serves 4
red onion- sliced
1/2 red pepper 1/2 green pepper - sliced
Handful spinach
4 Joes garlic and herb sausages (free)
4 rashers bacon
3/4 bag Penne pasta
Lloyd grossmans tomato & chilli pasta sauce (11 syns per jar divided by 4 = 2.75 so call it 3 syns per serving )

Cook the pasta to instructions , drain . Put sausages under grill/ halogen/ oven to cook
Meanwhile spray a pan with frylight and add the onion , cook until soft
Add peppers and remove from pan once cooked through. Set aside.
Add bacon rashers chopped (and all visible fat removed) cook until browned. Then stir spinach through until wilted.

Empty jar of sauce into pan , heat through then add pasta and other ingredients. Chop sausages into bite sized pieces and stir through pasta.
Grate allowance of cheese on top and pop under grill, or into oven until melted. I used morrisons farmhouse mature but reduced fat cheese and used 2 'Hea's of 45 g each and it gave me loads once ,melted. Yummlicious . Really was gorgeous.

image-1063506580.jpg

'Midway'

image-3418539272.jpg

After

image-2565211097.jpg

The finished result

Soz pebs. Was starving n out buying house bits. Again! It was that r maccy ds......

Oh 'dubchick! ' I won't tell anyone though, just keep it between me and you cos if the others found out you'd been bad they'd all want to be bad. So shhhhhhhhh.

Right - here's a challenge for you all - seeing as you've been naughty (except me and linmac ) I want a recipe from everyone this week please. It can be an old favourite of yours or a new one you're trying. Tell us what you're making, then add the recipe and a piccy if you can . Then we can all have a go.

Defrosting some steak tonight for tomorrow's lunch. I think I'll make a beef goulash or a steak and mushroom pie.

What's menus tonight ladies? I think you should all be on water after those lunches ! Xx

I'm not having dinner as I had lunch/dinner so hopefully not too bad!

Chicken risotto is my all time fav so I'll do that this week and post pic :) was thinking of doing a roast tomorrow, but not sure now, may do stuffed chicken breasts with sweet potato mash and veg :) xx

Good Sunday morning my lovely lot. The sun is shining here today and all is spring like! After yesterday's attempt to beat the Noah's ark incident.
Plans anyone? Anything exciting?
My kiddies are out until midday so I'm lying here in bed with my cup of tea trying to decide whether to do some more painting in the kitchen or tackle the garden! Started painting yesterday and finished one part where the new fridge freezer is going , that's being delivered tomorrow and I'm soooooo excited. More room, more freezer space , cold water and ice on demand - yooohooo.

Trying a recipe from 'kwise' on here for beef goulash , for tea and having it with tartiflette ( a French potato and cheese dish) can't wait to give that a go. Pudding is apple batter pudding yummy.

As its nice out we might get a walk in if the rain stays off. Need to work on my water intake I've had a headache for 3 days now . Xx

Morning Pebs. As with every weekend of late, it's more DIY for me. We're currently cutting painting n laying all the skirting n arcarrave down stoats in the house. Jono made them all so they're being done from scratch... Pain. But nice having our own designs in the house n knowing no-one else will hav the same is a exciting :)
Day has started better good wise with a big Noel of mixed fruit. Followed by boiled egg on nimble toast (heB) Dinner we're having slow cooked BBQ ribs, boiled baby potatoes n mixed veg. Followed by mixed berries n frozen vanilla muller light :)

Morning both of you!
It's diy in this house too, we moved in 2 weeks ago, I'm thinking of stripping more of the dreaded wall paper today! Good for the bingo wings!
I have just walked though town for a quick sunbed and going to have 2 eggs and slice of toast for breakfast.
We are also off to see our friends new baby today, toooo broody after though! And got to go and pick my eBay bargain up! Not sure what we are doing for dinner now as my mum has invited us for fingers crossed a BBQ!
Xx

Morning both of you!
It's diy in this house too, we moved in 2 weeks ago, I'm thinking of stripping more of the dreaded wall paper today! Good for the bingo wings!
I have just walked though town for a quick sunbed and going to have 2 eggs and slice of toast for breakfast.
We are also off to see our friends new baby today, toooo broody after though! And got to go and pick my eBay bargain up! Not sure what we are doing for dinner now as my mum has invited us for fingers crossed a BBQ!
Xx

Ooh congratulations on ur new home :)
We bought this in December but had a little bit of an accident which resulted in us needing to gut the whole downstairs. Almost at the end if the gutting n have a home back. Has resembled a building site up to recently

Well done gang that's all of us burning the calories with DIY then. For a minute then bean , I thought you said BBQ ! Then I realised it must be a typo! Lol unless you're in Australia . Chicken risotto yum, we will look forward to that one .

Eggs on toast - love it love it, favourite thing apart from mushrooms and scallops.
Breakfast here was a wholemeal roll with 2 of joes pork and apple sausages and a fried egg inside. Yumtiddlyum. Just finished doing the goulash , ready for its 3 hr cook. Check in later gang- water water waterrrrrrrrr! Don't forget.
You ok linny??

am fine thank you Pebs,i am the odd one out not doing any diy lol i also ad egg on toast for brecky and just ad a roast with loads of veg,mite just have a prawn salad for tea, hope you are all doing ok with your diy loads of body magic there, well good luck to you all

Here's dinner!!!!!!! And it was easily the best meal I've had in ages .

image-2304637968.jpg

BEEF GOULASH ( k wise recipe )
--------------------
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS

Frylight
1lb beef /pork or lamb cubes ( I used beef )
2 onions, chopped or sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
33g Chorizo, diced (3 syns)
1 tin quality plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp paprika
300ml water
1 x rich beef stock pot
1 x herb infusions stock pot
Pinch of dried
Salt and pepper

Sour cream / Greek yoghurt

METHOD
Fry beef cubes in frylight in a heavy bottomed pan until browned.
Take out and fry chopped onions, diced peppers, garlic and chorizo until soft.
Add tomatoes, paprika,stock, chilli, herb infusions , water and beef and season. Bring to boil.

Transfer to a ceramic dish and cook at gas 4 for 3 hours.
Serve and add a dollop of 0% Fat Greek yoghurt if required

image-2555027777.jpg

TARTIFLETTE
-----------------
A popular French dish, easy to make
Serves 4

1 onion chopped
4 medium potatoes peeled & sliced
4 rashers of bacon cut into small strips
75g Plain philly
60g French camembert/brie or cheddar
Salt & pepper

Fry onion,& bacon in frylight, then add potatoes and fry
add 100ml water and allow potato to cook for 6 mins covered.
Mix philly with 3 tbsp water , salt & pepper.
Put potato mixture in a casserole dish, pour philly mixture on top and toss so potatoes are evenly coated.
Cook at gas 5 for 20 minutes until potatoes are cooked. sprinkle grated cheddar or chunks of camembert/brie on top and cook until cheese is melted.

image-203609320.jpg

APPLE & BLACKCURRANT BATTER PUDDING
-------------------------------------------------------

SERVES 6 , 6 syns a portion.
It was so easy and cooked in 25 mins, really yummy almost like having a sponge.

85g plain flour
2 eggs
285ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g caster sugar
2tbsp sweetener
350g apples peeled, cored and sliced
50g black currants
1 level tbsp Demerara sugar

Preheat oven gas 5 / 190c Spray a shallow dish with frylight and place fruit over the bottom.
Sieve flour into a bowl.
In a jug mix together vanilla, eggs, milk, caster sugar and sweetener.
Pour half into the flour and bind together then gradually mix remaining in until you have a smooth batter.
Pour batter over fruit and scatter Demerara sugar.
Bake for 25mins or until browned and cooked through. Simply gorge

image-2801240609.jpg

Back