Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Forgot to say well done pebbles!!!! I could never sit there and not eat! I usually have there super food salad if I go in there doesn't taste too bad!

Xx

Hey girlies. Bean , try the chicken skewers, they are free , they come with salad and a piri piri sauce which you have to syn , i think its 1 per tbsp, and chips which are 5.5syns. Gorgeous meal.

So it was a good day I suppose for a work day.
Breakfast - lidl nut bran flakes with cranberry muller - ooh won't be getting those flakes again yuk.

Lunch- cheese, onion and mayo sandwich with the new crisps ' o's and crosses' roast beef flavour , they taste like monster munch, they come in at 4 syns per pack and are £1 for a six pack in asda right now. Pack of grapes & melon and a morrisons 'NUME' low fat bakewell slice. Very more ish.

image-1719552325.jpg

Finished work, collected the rugrat, and popped to docs to finally at last, collect my prescription for my bladder infection. Which won't need the antibiotics at the rate I'm swallowing this delicious iced water that my new love interest provides. Then back to do dinner, quick smart.

Dinner - SW pastryless ham and cheddar quiche, green beans and mash , made buttery with ' butter buds' (1/2 syn)

image-3362625475.jpg image-1909908497.jpg

Good evening!

Well I had a lovely chicken roast dinner planned but then my ***** of a sister in law has decided to completely slag me off behind my back and decide to hate me so all plans went out the door. Plus the machine was broken for my facial, waaaa waa wa so Ben said he would cook and I came home to find jacket potato with beans and cheese but I'm on a red day! I'm so pissed off I couldn't eat anyway!

Could you post your quiche recipe? I love quiche! Xx

Good evening!

Well I had a lovely chicken roast dinner planned but then my ***** of a sister in law has decided to completely slag me off behind my back and decide to hate me so all plans went out the door. Plus the machine was broken for my facial, waaaa waa wa so Ben said he would cook and I came home to find jacket potato with beans and cheese but I'm on a red day! I'm so pissed off I couldn't eat anyway!

Could you post your quiche recipe? I love quiche! Xx

Oh bean I'm so sorry, that's awful. I don't have a good relationship with my sister or parents , they are so hurtful , so I know what it's like to have family worries. Try not to let it spoil your good week so far, you've been all happy and motivated, what a shame :(
Bless him, Ben was obviously trying to 'help' spelt 'hinder' in Manworld. Love him.

Quiche recipe -

SLIMMING WORLD QUICHE
---------------------------------
Dead easy, makes a big quiche or can use muffin trays and make mini ones.

Syn free ( depending on what you put in it.)

This one was a very basic one for the kids sake as the oldest doesn't like onion, peppers or mushrooms!
4 eggs
300g pot of cottage cheese
I used 2 Hea's of cheese, it served 4 of us so 1/2 an A each
4 large slices of ham diced

Put cottage cheese in a bowl, add 4 eggs and beat well. Add ham and grated cheese, salt and pepper and pour into a quiche dish. Cook on gas 7 until set and browned.

I sometimes do, smoked salmon and dill, broccoli and Stilton, bacon and tomato, anything you've got. Great for packed lunches too. Xxxxx

Wow that is so easy! I'm going to make that tomorrow I think :)

I know families are tough but when its bens family I find I harder, I would just say out right to my own that they are posing me off! But I have to be careful with bens, its all resolved thank god, she is 17 years old and just a little spoilt brat! But hey ho back to normal jovial self today

What's your food plans today? I just posted mine on my diary but I'm really just having the roast chicken which I was due to have yesterday!
Xx

Weigh in day girlies and good luck to those weighing.

Woohoo 4lb off for me this week, that's the Easter gain been and gone thank god plus another 1/2lb for good measure. Goal this week is 1 1/2 lbs

How's everyone doing with challenge 2 ( 6 glasses of water) I managed 4 yesterday, try harder today.

Working 11 hrs today yuk but it's doing way I do best- sexual health and contraception yaaahooooo, so I'm pleased.
Planned menu for today and all ready to go. Uniforms feeling better again so I'll be in that bikini in no time - perish the thought that's not a pretty sight .

Yes bean that's so easy to do and quick to cook. I make cupcake ones for work too, very versatile.
I'm glad your situation is ok for now, she's young and hot headed I guess like most young teenagers I guess.

Right gang - challenge 1 was a new menu and bean got that one with her risotto, and mine was goulash, Lin and dubs? There's no hiding .
Challenge 2 was 6 glasses of water daily , dubs is normally best at this
Challenge 3 then is 20 mins exercise between now and Sunday , more if you can do it , I know I won't get chance until Saturday so that's when I'll do mine

Target was 1 1/2 lbs and I achieved that so new target for next Thursday = 1 1/2lbs again.

Good luck my lovely bunch xxxx

WELL DONE PEBBLES!!! :party0011: 4 is a brilliant loss! I had 100cl of water yesterday and a glass at home, i will try harder today!

Im not sure when i will fit in my 20 mins but i shall try, could that even count as a brisk walk to go on the sunbed? still body magic as i would usually drive and 20min round trip :)

xx

Weigh in day girlies and good luck to those weighing.

Woohoo 4lb off for me this week, that's the Easter gain been and gone thank god plus another 1/2lb for good measure. Goal this week is 1 1/2 lbs

How's everyone doing with challenge 2 ( 6 glasses of water) I managed 4 yesterday, try harder today.

Working 11 hrs today yuk but it's doing way I do best- sexual health and contraception yaaahooooo, so I'm pleased.
Planned menu for today and all ready to go. Uniforms feeling better again so I'll be in that bikini in no time - perish the thought that's not a pretty sight .

Yes bean that's so easy to do and quick to cook. I make cupcake ones for work too, very versatile.
I'm glad your situation is ok for now, she's young and hot headed I guess like most young teenagers I guess.

Right gang - challenge 1 was a new menu and bean got that one with her risotto, and mine was goulash, Lin and dubs? There's no hiding .
Challenge 2 was 6 glasses of water daily , dubs is normally best at this
Challenge 3 then is 20 mins exercise between now and Sunday , more if you can do it , I know I won't get chance until Saturday so that's when I'll do mine

Target was 1 1/2 lbs and I achieved that so new target for next Thursday = 1 1/2lbs again.

Good luck my lovely bunch xxxx

Oh Pebs.. I forgot my recipe challenge.. I will get it done tho!! Ive taken pork medalions out of the freezer for todays dinner so i'll go hunting for a recipe to do something more exciting than grilling them!! As for challenge 2, I drink my 2 litres each day and no exceptions this week :) The exercise.. Will get it done today.. Be it a dog walk or exercise DVD, i'll get it done!!

WI for me resulted in 1/2lb on for me.. Started TOTM last night and haven't had a great week TBH so not too miffed...

So pebs.. My recipe for tonight is.......... Pork Medalion Pizza :)
Just found a recipe on here (Pete's Recipe) where he used the pork medalion as his pizza base.... So that's what i'm doing.. will post pics.. OK not the most adventurous but syn free pizza.... YUM YUM

Dubs that sounds amazing! So its kind of like chicken Parmesan? But with pork? I'm so going to do that! I have some pork shoulders in freezer which I was going to do as BBQ pulled pork! Xx

Dubs that sounds amazing! So its kind of like chicken Parmesan? But with pork? I'm so going to do that! I have some pork shoulders in freezer which I was going to do as BBQ pulled pork! Xx

Kinda I suppose. The medallion will b the pizza base :)

Hi everyone hope you are all doing ok,sorry Pebs for not doing a recipe but i have just been copying al your recipe,well done on your weight loss i ad 1.5lb loss would love to av a big loss like you i av been trying to drink more water will try a bit harder now and i will get that exercise done thanks to you all for your help ho one more thing Pebs i have tried your quiche even the small ones i put onion mushroom peppers ext ext but they always come out watery is this normal i have tried diffrent things in it but still wetery at the bottom good luck to you all

Well done on your loss Lin.

Your dinner looks lovely dubs, what did you put on the pork? Just passata and cheese?

This was my roast, not very spectacular but I never cook a roast! I then realised I had no gravy!!!! The orange mush is sweet potato mash made with Philly and topped with a little cheese, was a bit watery!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366310717.979791.jpg

Gang , I am soooo proud of you all , recipes, water, exercise and losses too you are all amazing.

Dubs your dinner looks fabulous. Well done on the motivation to change something you eat, you're a star.
Linmac, not sure why they're watery, mine aren't. Tell me exactly what you do. Great loss again linny, a steady loss is better than a big one. I predicted a big loss as it was first week back on it, doubt I'll do more than a lb next week.

I had a busy day, everyone was 'odd' today, then we had a clap of thunder and hailstones. At that time I was typing my lunch into my 'notes' app on iPhone. I looked up at the window to see hail and when I looked back at my phone, the document was gone. I have been filling in my meals every day for ages and its also full of lists of syns and healthy extras, plus recipes and meals to try. ALL GONE! I'm gutted and I've no idea what happened. My ex husband told me to download them again from iCloud but I've no idea what I'm doing :(

Today's meals-

Breakfast - black tea , 1 weetabix, 1 slice of toast (1 heb) , marg (1.5 syns and marmalade (1 syn)

Lunch - potato salad ( 1 syn) bistro salad leaves and quiche , chocolate low fat mousse (3 syns) grapes

image-1675576523.jpg

Dinner - lamb koftas, (1heb) garlic pitta (6 syns), mint tsatsiki, tomato and cucumber and salad leaves

image-296573506.jpg

Kwise' s recipe for special potato salad. It's absolutely gorgeous

POTATO SALAD
-------------------

Ingredients

Approx 1 kilo new potatoes, washed and cut into small pieces
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, roughly chopped
3 Spring Onions, sliced
1 Red Pepper, chopped
5 Radishes, chopped
5-6 Tblsp Extra Light Salad Cream (1 SYN per Tblsp)
1 tsp American Mustard (1 SYN)

Boil potatoes (in salted or unsalted water). Leave to cool

To make hardboiled eggs - pour boiling water into a saucepan. Carefully lower eggs (using a slotted spoon) into water - if done slowly shell should stay intact . Bring back to boil and time for 8 minutes. Remove and cool with cold water and peel. Roughly chop. Leave to cool

Mix all prepared veggies and eggs.

Mix together salad cream and mustard and mix into potato salad.

Enjoy

image-3911743288.jpg

morning beautiful people.
happy friday, thank god its here. still no joy with the notes on the phone its too technical for me so ex hubby will sort it tomorrow when he comes to collect my gorgeous rugrats.
so, before i list todays meals for day 8 of being back on the slimwagon, heres the recipe for the delicious lamb koftas - did i mention how gorgeous and tasty they were. lol :eating:

MIDDLE EASTERN SPICED LAMB KOFTAS

SERVES 4 SYN FREE ON RED AND EE

500g minced lamb
1/2 onion very finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 twp ground turmeric
pinch cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2tbsp chopped coriander
1tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 lemon cut into wedges to serve if required

mix the lamb in a bowl with the onion, garlic and spices and herbs.
season well with salt and pepper
with wet hands shape the mixture into 12 cigar shapes or koftas

these can be left in the fridge for up to 24 hrs until required to cook, or freeze provided mince has not been frozen previously.

spray a large pan with frylight and gently fry for 10-15 mins until cooked.
when cooked either leave to cool slightly and push onto skewers and serve on rice with salad, or with couscous.

alternatively serve in a pitta loaded with salad and add tsatsiki to it, and a side serving of cucumber and tomato like i did.

image-3084583715.jpg

breakfast today - sultana bran and a small milky coffee (1heb / 1hea)
lunch - potato salad,(1 syn salad cream) green salad, muller lite, banana, weight watchers choccy biscuit (4.5 syns)
dinner tonight is herb crusted cod, chips and peas

They look scrummy pebs! I love lamb so going to give them a go next week. Where do you get your recipes from? Your head? I did my 20 min to town and back yesterday! And it poured it down! I was a sodden rat after! Serves me right for doing exercise haha.

Xx

They look scrummy pebs! I love lamb so going to give them a go next week. Where do you get your recipes from? Your head? I did my 20 min to town and back yesterday! And it poured it down! I was a sodden rat after! Serves me right for doing exercise haha.

Xx

shame about the drowning, but well done on the exercise, youre steaming through these challenges. recipes, i get them from old mags, hundreds of books, ( my guilty pleasure, jewellery, handbags,shoes, kitchen gadgets and recipe books) some off minimins, and some from foody websites and some from my head that i just throw together. the koftas were gorge and i'll post the tsatsiki recipe too.

here goes ;

TSATSIKI

syn free

4 mint leaves chopped
3 what i would call ' normal slices' of cucumber chopped
5-6 tablespoons natural fat free yogurt

mix all ingredients together and dollop some into kebab or serve on the side .

add a squeeze of lemon juice and a crushed garlic if required but i left it out i was too hungry and it was perfect.

Back