Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I need help! Mum asked if she could have Toby to sleep over so have decided to have a 'me' night for once! I am planning on getting a chinese but don't know what!
I often get chicken and cashew nuts but looking for some other tasty ideas if anyone has any!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh blimey Arby I'm so sorry I wasnt around when you needed me last night . What did you go with in the end and how lovely to have some you time . But, I bet you didn't stop thinking about him .
Wow on the dress ordering. Crumbs yes there's no going bak now lol . You must be sooo excited . Xxxx

I started off well yesterday and all on plan then frank decided a chicken kebab was required , so I agreed and said I can plan around that but he bought chips for him and Ben - so I , having the willpower of a daffodil) had a big handful and this morning feel like I've committed a burglary waiting for the Sw police to arrive. I have my tail tucked firmly between my legs and am sitting in the corner rocking .

Well, new day ! I guess I need to pull it Back and fast . I've so much to do around the house and work related reading and studying then bens revision plan needs attention and he needs help to keep focused . So amidst all that I need to cook in bulk as there's stuff in the fridge that needs the ready steady cook team and fast .

Breakfast I'm trying the potato pancakes so will let you know how they go and them before the onslaught we are off to the local services ( I know sad bare with me) for a coffee. Basically there is a new motorway service development just opened near us and it looks quite impressive so we thought we would pop over and see what's what, and get an ' away from it all ' coffee. Happy Sunday everyone xxxx

OK.. So not much in for dinner but do have steak pieces.. Anyone any ideas on a nice QUICK dinner to cook with them??
Usually I'd do slow cooker casserole but need something quick n easy (OH was meant to be working til 2am so no dinner needed but is now getting to come home for a couple hours so I wana do a good dinner)
TIA

Found this one. It's Brit mums recipe . Xx

Beef Stroganoff
Slimming Eats Recipe
Serves 3
Original - syn free per serving Extra Easy - syn free per serving * there is only 0.5 syns for the entire recipe, so pretty much syn free per serving

Ingredients
400g beef tenderloin or lean sirloin steak, sliced into strips 1 large onion 3 cloves of garlic crushed 10 button mushrooms sliced 300ml of beef stock made with some bovril 3 tablespoon of tomato puree 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard (0.5 syns) 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped thyme (or use dried) salt and pepper to season 1/2 teaspoon of paprika splash of worcestershire sauce splash of balsamic vinegar approx 6 tablespoons of fat free natural yoghurt/fromage frais (remove from fridge a couple of hours before cooking to bring to room temperature Frylight or Pam spray Freshly chopped Italian Parsley Method Heat a non stick frying pan and spray with some Frylight or Pam spray, add the beef tenderloin, season with salt and pepper and cooked until it starts to go golden. Remove and set aside. Add the thyme to the beef stock. Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and couple of tablespoons of the stock to the frying pan and keep on a high heat to cook until golden, as the stock reduces keep adding more, repeating the process until only a 1/4 of the stock remains and the onion and mushrooms are nicely caramelised. Add the beef tenderloin back to the pan and the rest of the stock with a splash of worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, tomato puree, paprika and mustard. Simmer until sauce has almost reduced, remove from heat and stir in the yoghurt. Serve topped with some freshly chopped Italian parsley. This dish can be served with rice, pasta or potatoes for an Extra Easy day, or serve with your choice of vegetables for an Original day.

I love a good beef stroganof!!
Just got back from picking little man up and having a sunday dinner cooked for us. Typically he got worse overnight was full of cold and was sick I got there and he has perked right up!! Monster.

Ended up with beef in oyster sauce last night and rice. I went to the expensive place so was a good £9 for it but OMG it was the best chinese I have ever tasted. They give free prawn crackers too which were hard to resist had a couple then binned the bag :)

I joined last week and have my weigh in on a Thursday is it better to wi morning, afternoon or evening please as there are 5 classes that day x

Welcome to the gang!
I personally weigh in the morning before eating! But as long as you weigh at the same time each week it won't make much difference which class you choose :) as this will then show your true weight loss from week to week

X

Hi lovely people.

Welcome Maureen - I'd go with morning too but that's only cos you can become bloated during the day but as arby says so long as you stick to the same time of day it won't matter.

Great choice arby, that's what I would have chosen too, but wow are you focused to bin those crackers well done. Big respect xx

Just had a huge dinner - 3 courses

Other half bought me one of my favourite dishes so I had to have it , it's coquilles st Jacques and syns of course but its ok I can live with it.
Then pork loin steaks , spicy paprika potatoes, veg and asparagus , then sugar free jelly with raspberries in, meringue and fat free Greek yog with a few blackberries . Lovely and now unable to move.

Xxxx

image-2190751919.jpg

Last edited:
Hi lovely people.

Welcome Maureen - I'd go with morning too but that's only cos you can become bloated during the day but as arby says so long as you stick to the same time of day it won't matter.

Great choice arby, that's what I would have chosen too, but wow are you focused to bin those crackers well done. Big respect xx

Just had a huge dinner - 3 courses

Other half bought me one of my favourite dishes so I had to have it , it's coquilles st Jacques and syns of course but its ok I can live with it.
Ten pork loin steaks , spicy paprika potatoes, veg and asparagus , then sugar free jelly with raspberries in, meringue and fat free Greek yog with a few blackberries . Lovely and now unable to move.

Xxxx

View attachment 130548

Tea looks super tasty as always pebs!
We have both been poorly today proper feeling sorry for ourselves Toby has refused everything bar 3 yogs/ 3 bottles and a big strawberry and I have managed a yog for breakfast, a mugshot at 2pm and some baked beans with a slice of toast just then before retiring to bed! No superfree at all so feel super guilty but on the other hand sod it!!
Had a naughty mid week weigh this morning but was showing as sts/ 1lb on RUBBISH i am only up to 48 syns for the week (plus 2 or 3 stolen choc buttons) so blame it on feeling poorly bloat fingers crossed it sorts itself out for monday morning.

Have reserved the fake away book tonight on facebook so will share some of the recipes next week if anyone is interested :)

Thanks ladies x

Welcome to the gang!
I personally weigh in the morning before eating! But as long as you weigh at the same time each week it won't make much difference which class you choose :) as this will then show your true weight loss from week to week

X

Thanks for that mornings it is then unless im working it will need to be evenings

Rude I know, but I haven't read back - will get to that when I finish my work, but I need some advice. TMI but I'm a bit bunged up and I need a remedy before group tomorrow evening or all my hard work will have been for nothing!!

Smurfy got any green tea/ camomile tea? Scan bran ? Sweet corn? Dried apricots? Lots water . Failing that senna from the stores .
Same problem here for last week and most unusual . Hope it sorts xx

My consultant says 5 thorntons continentals sorts you right out!

Arby you poor pair, hope you feel better soon , that's miserable when you're both a bit down . The recipes sound great , I think I've got some of them somewhere . I recommend the fake KFC and fake doner kebab , but don't mention KFC to Tracy (puke) xx

I tried the KFC chicken yonks ago (pre Toby) and wasnt keen but saw Pete posted a recipe not using bovril so thought I would give it a go soon.
C has made the OMG spicy chicken from the new book or something like that anyway and it looked the the kfc chicken too!
New mag out this week too in class and it has a choc mousse in it so may give that a go on Sun as invited Mum out for lunch x

Hahaha.....:D,pebs that made me chuckle,I still cannot cook that even now lol !!!!XXXX

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back