Anyone from Greece?

Hi Coljack, thats interesting. I have lived out here for 5 years now, we moved out from Bournemouth. We live in the north west of the island. Its a lovely place to live but being in the holiday mode all of the time helped boost my weight, its great for me to have sites like this to keep me on track with ideas for recipes etc, I love to cook and unfortunately can't eat my home made bread any more boo, never mind perhaps I can in the future, I must admit thats one of my trigger foods anyway so have been much better restricting that. Fry light will be on the list for all my family coming out on holiday along with tea bags and marmite lol!! I brought some back when I was over recently so am ok for now but thanks for your offer. Prior to fry light I would use a 5ml tsp of olive oil as thats what the actifry uses and obviously just shook them my self instead, but would always have to syn that, I am loving the EE plan. Anyway you look as if you have been on a tremendous journey yourself your weight losses are fab, isnt the BMI difference great, you must feel so much better.

Hello everyone! it's so nice to see people in this thread! I have no one to bring me some fry light, but I am going to Paris in 2 weeks and hopefully I will be able to find something similar there! But in general, I believe that SW plan is totally doable in Greece! We have so many fruits and veggies and good meat and poultry! I really don't mind using olive oil even if it's synned, because I know that it is so healthy. I am rather curious about the kind of chemicals that are in fry light. I would try it, but I believe that olive oil is a much better choice healthwise. I love the plan. I am actually shedding weight now, and believe me, I 've tried lots of diets and plans in the past 2 years (nutritionists etc.) I work in shifts as a nurse and I might not get three meals per day so SW is for me! And I am eating so much healthier now!!
Coljack, congratulations! You are doing a great job obviously!
For the rest of us in Greece, keep going! It's working!!
P.S.: I wrote to SW to know if they have any plans of opening up meetings in Greece, and sadly the answer for now is no...

Hi Athens, I bought olive oil fry light when I was in the uk so have been using that as I am used to the taste but as I said before I used a tsp olive oil for chips and roast potatoes before well worth sinning!! sometimes I put a drizzle in the pan and wiped it off with a paper towel. There is lots of help from the slimming world site especially through facebook too. A couple of group leaders invited to add me as a friend so I could ask for advice if I needed it, which is great my hubby does weigh me every week bless him at least I know I can't cheat and he is really encouraging, eating what ever I cook I love trying to make an sw alternative for everything, its a challenge!!

Corfu girl you are going to be great with your husband's support!!
I had a couple of bad days but now I am back on track! I tried to add as a fb friend a consultant but she didn't add me... :confused:
i might try another one!!

Keep on losing weight!! :wavey:

I actually just looked at the facebook page of a slimming world club and jumped in and asked if they minded me sharing recipes and one of the group contributers contacted me and offered to be a facebook friend. If I see any helpful snips I will let you know, did you know you can buy all the slimming world recipe and group books on Amazon uk, its worth having a look, I love curries and have got that book and there is a new Italian recipe book I would love to try.
Athens can I ask if there is an alternative to quark or any of the other low fat cheeses for sale in Corfu and Greece, My reading of Greek is very limited and its hard to explain if I want to ask.

Hi Trixie, dont know whether they would send it to Greece, wonder if they have an online version. Most uk magazine are uk based only but thanx

Hi Corfu girl! About the cheese you are asking... I am afraid I don't know any alternative to quark cheese in Greece (I don't even know what it looks like...) Of course you could have cottage cheese if you like it.
Other reduced fat cheese (which are synned though) would be:
Logadi Epirus (yellow semi-hard cheese which is available in slices for toast too)
Milner and Milner white cheese (reduced fat feta)
Fina (yellow, slices also)
Anthotiro is particularly low fat. it looks like feta but it's more soft and pretty sweet. You can have it with honey and cinammon
I like kerrygold regatto reduced fat (16%) you can make pasta in the oven with that, it melts well.

In general, we don't have any really low fat cheese here like quark.

As far as the SW magazine is concerned, i think it comes here as well! I signed up to SW online and I had the choice to order it. I might do it later!!

kisses!
Good luck!!!

Oh Athens thanks for your help thats really great to know will be writing it all down for when I shop. Its good to know they will send the magazine if you registered online too, I think the magazines are a great morale booster if you can't attend the meetings but I am getting lots of inspiration from sites like these

Corfu girl, I wanted to ask you, which plan are you on?
I started on extra easy, but I gave original a try during the past week and it seems it works a bit better for me if i don't go out or something. plus, I get 2 Healthy extras!
How about you?

Hi

I'm in Greece and on SW too - second weigh in tomorrow!

Hi there!!! I just saw that there was action here! Where are you at? I am in athens! Also I have to inform you that I found scan bran here!! At sklavenitis super market!!! I am back to SW again after a while!! How was your weigh in??

Hello!

I'm on the mainland too, an hour south of Kalamata. I spotted scan bran here too, just last week!

Second weigh in was good, 5 lbs off in 2 weeks so happy with that.

Are you on your first week?

Hi Louise!! yes, it's my first week back on the plan after a while. First time I did it I wasn't so motivated. I now feel that it's up to me to get my perfect body! I try to exercise as well! I am following the plan from home, never have been to a meeting, so I get some questions, but in minimins I find all the answers!!
5 lbs in 2 weeks is a great loss!!! congratulations! keep up the good work! so nice to know that there are others like me so far away from meetings!

A perfect body would be good, but I'll settle for a less wobbly one!

I used to go to classes when I was in the UK but have Lifeline Online now - let me know if I can look anything up for you.

I also had a Wii Fit bought for Christmas so am on that most days - the novelty hasn't worn off ..........yet!

When's your weigh in?

perfect body....it differs from person to person. I feel that if I get to target, my body will feel perfect to me!!! I won't be skinny though! my Wi day is Monday (difficult, i know....) When do you WI??
Thank you very much for your kind proposal, I might take you up on that if I need something! And you can ask me more info on greek products if you need! I used to be an online member till I dropped out so now I am doing it myself. If I manage to stick to it, I might register once more! Oh, and I might visit a friend in UK during spring so I will get to a meeting!!! the thing is that I love this program and I stumbled on it by accident, I am Greek and hadn't heard anything about SW in the past. I feel it's a great way to feed yourself! really healthy!
Have you found anything like fry lite in Greece?

Goodnight Louise!!! happy food optimizing!

My weigh in is tomorrow (Sunday), I've been very good all week but just feel heavy (TOTM), let's see what tomorrow brings.

If you do get to a class pick up some HiFi cereal bars, they're only available in classes but are really tasty. I've not found anything like Fry Light but there have been changes: -

Healthy Extras

In line with many recipe books and cookery shows, we’ve changed the basis of our measurements. Previously - to make our Healthy Extras easy to measure in Imperial - we measured Healthy Extras in ounces. This gave us odd gram measurements like 28g or 42g.
Now, we're using grams as our basis, and this means we've been able to increase many Healthy Extra portions! For example, feta cheese has changed from 42g as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice to 50g! Instead of 28g Bran Flakes, you can now enjoy 35g as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice!
This has the added benefit that many Healthy Extra cereals no longer need a crispbread for extra fibre.
Because the portions have increased, if you do want to stick with your standard measures of Healthy Extras, it won't damage your weight loss in any way. And if your kitchen scales weigh in imperial, there's a handy new conversion chart included in our recipes and menus section.
Storecupboard staples

We've also made some changes to our Free Food lists - and we know you'll be delighted by the first!

• Tomato puree, garlic and ginger purée (when oil-free) are all now Free Foods – woohoo!
  • Low calorie cooking sprays now have to contain 1kcal or less per spray to be Free. This is because more sprays have come onto the market, and they're just not as healthy, and very easy to over-squirt! Fortunately, Fry Light is still Free!
  • Harissa paste now contains ½ Syn per level teaspoon.
Hope this helps!

thank you so very much. I saw somewhere a post saying that they increased the grams of the HEX but wasn't sure, since I have the books from summer! More for us to eat!!!! ;-)
I hope everything goes well with your weigh in!! To be honest, most of the times I get a sneak peek during the week, which I know doesn't do me any good! let me know how it went!!!!! Have a great evening!

Back