Anyone from Notts??

Lea C

Hi everyone

I'm just wondreing if anyone knows of anywhere slimming world friendly to eat out on Notts? I know theres a few things I could have at Weatherspoons but I find the usual spoons pubs quite bland. Can anyone help...I'm desperate to go out for a meal with my OH.

Thankyou x

Whereabouts in Notts?

I read in the Newark Advertiser the other week that the owner of a restaurant near the castle has been on SW and has adapted the menu to suit SW members.

I eat out a lot and apart from coffee shops full of pannini's etc I can usually find something on any menu to fit in with SW.

Why not choose a nice grilled steak or fish? Most places will oblige by serving without dressings, sauces or added butter.

Do you go to a group? There's lots of info available about what to choose from chinese and indian restaurants.

The secret is planning and making the most of free, superfree foods and also Healthy Extras. By making wise choices it's easy to have a decent 3 course meal including a dessert & a glass of wine without going off plan.

And if you do go over a bit it's not the end of the world as you can always pull it back next week! ;)

Lea C said:
Hi everyone

I'm just wondreing if anyone knows of anywhere slimming world friendly to eat out on Notts? I know theres a few things I could have at Weatherspoons but I find the usual spoons pubs quite bland. Can anyone help...I'm desperate to go out for a meal with my OH.

Thankyou x

Hiya, I'm from notts and have looked everywhere for sw friendly places but haven't found any yet :-(

I tend to have jacket potato with beans and cheese but I ask for the cheese on the side so that I no I'm only having my HEA allowance.

Also there's a pub near me that does a warm chicken and Bacon salad . I allow syns for the 3 slices of bacon and ask for no dressing on the salad and they give me some sachets of light mayo instead.

Hope this helps x

Bit of a late reply, but I'm from Notts & the main places I eat out (when I'm being good) are Bonzai for Japanese food, Soulville Steakhouse - you can order steak and rice or a jacket and it comes with salad, & Harvester (because they put all the calories of everything on the menu so you can work out syns, plus the unlimted salad bar). I will often just go for curry and chinese and have plain rice and the lowest syn dishes with no starters. Usually your best bet is to save all your syns for the day and go wherever you want and just try to make a sensible choice from the menu. I always ask for stuff like dressing or sauce on the side as well.

Back