Holidays and eating out

purpleorc

Silver Member
I am starting to freak out. I have been on slimming world since October of last year losing over 3.5 stone. I have done well and resisted temptations. But in a few weeks I am due to go on holiday where I will be eating out. I am a bit of a picky eater. But I am fearful of how much I will put on on holiday. I can do damage limitation by preparing slimming world friendly breakfasts etc. But we have a snack out and dinner. I would be grateful for anyone's input on how to limit the pounds going back on. I thought I could ask for a plain jacket potato instead of chips or add side salad for speed. Order grilled meat where ever possible.

But I would be very grateful if anyone has any tips to help manoeuvre eating out.

I'd go for lots of speed with olIve oil dressIng or a dressIng you take wIth you, not the creamy ones they slip sugar Into and maybe starter portIons of grIlled meat and fish if that's satIsfying enough for you, and protein at breakfast.

Don't freak. You'll do well - makIng good choIces, enjoyIng moving more easIly.

Thankyou Aligal for replying and giving me food for thought . Having a starter could be a great way of saving calories/syns but also I am unable to eat bit portions now. Great idea about dressings. I prefer vinegarette to cream based dressing for salad any day.

I am starting to freak out. I have been on slimming world since October of last year losing over 3.5 stone. I have done well and resisted temptations. But in a few weeks I am due to go on holiday where I will be eating out. I am a bit of a picky eater. But I am fearful of how much I will put on on holiday. I can do damage limitation by preparing slimming world friendly breakfasts etc. But we have a snack out and dinner. I would be grateful for anyone's input on how to limit the pounds going back on. I thought I could ask for a plain jacket potato instead of chips or add side salad for speed. Order grilled meat where ever possible.

But I would be very grateful if anyone has any tips to help manoeuvre eating out.
You have done great!! I would not freak out, you seem to know what you should do. Stick to what you know works, lots of salads, fish. Enjoy and make the choices that suit you, but I would not panic or beat myself up, you deserve to enjoy yourself, and with walking and sightseeing etc you would be surprised at how much energy you could be using up, and it is never as bad as we imagine!! Congrats on your achievements so far. :)

Back