Anyone get pregnant while on Dukan diet?

Lili333

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone got pregnant on the Dukan diet, and what if any symptoms did you have? I have been trying to follow Dukan for the past three weeks. I lost under 5 pounds (need to lose around 15) but a few days ago just started feeling bloated, tired, dizzy and sick of meat, so stopped the diet. Gained back 4 pounds in under a week now, and still feel tired, depressed and bloated. I would just be in fertilization and implantation stage if I were to be preg. My first preg I did feel implantation cramping, so I am pretty attuned to my body. Right now I feel like something is different but just not sure if it is the diet combined with going off it and eating regular foods again. Did anyone get pregnant on Dukan? Did you notice anything while dieting? Or just get to a point when you want off the diet?

Funnily enough, I've just found out I'm 4-weeks pregnant! I've been Dukanning for 8 weeks and lost 20 lbs.

This is my fifth time of being pregnant, and I actually have fewer symptons than normal. I usually "know" but this time I had to take the test.

Not sure if this helps or not ..

P x

I can't help at all sorry but just popped on to say good luck Lili333 and congratulations paulinegin x

Thanks Oasis!

Have decided to continue with Dukan but the pregnancy conso phase; need to control my weight!

P x

Just wanted to update this and say I am now 4 days late and have been having minor cramping for over 10 days..... However I have taken 4 dollar store hcg tests and they have all been negative! Im so confused... I am never late and since having my first child never have cramps anymore prior to my period. Not sure what's going on!!!

Well, I am sorry I can’t answer your question directly since I am not pregnant, nor am I on Dukan. However, some studies suggest that eating a high protein/low carb diet may cause?? depression?? in some individuals. This is purely because your body is craving for carbohydrates which obviously are not high scorers in the Dukan Diet. My guess would be that a certain break in your diet pattern, might have caused the low mood. Also, the first phase of this diet is known to cause some fatigue. So you might be pregnant as you suppose or this might just be an effect of an abrupt end to the diet. I recommend you restart the diet only after doing the pregnancy test.

Back