Anyone go to the gym ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Morning all

I go onto step 2 on Sat which is 12 weeks on SS.

I have been doing lots of long walks ( 12 miles at least once a week ).

I have also been using my slendertone ab belt but have joined a gym.

I know I cant do anything to strenuous but am wondering what I can do. Yesterday I started with 30 mins on treadmill which is nothing as I usually walk for 3 hours. I used the rowing machine for aprox 15 mins 2000 mtrs ( my bingo wings are one of my big issues ) I also done 15 mins on exercise bike.

I wasnt going for it full throttle but do want to exercise as much as possible to tone up and I still have around another 3 stone to lose but am curious as to what others do ?

I go to the gym most days but don't do much cardio, mainly resistance stuff to tone up muscle so i don't looks all saggy as the weight drops off, so 20 mins on a cross trainer is about all the cardio i do other than out in the real world riding my bike

I do 20 mins treadmill 5.5 speed and 6% incline. 15 mins bike level 4-6 and 10 mins cross trainer level 6. Then i do 20 mins toning. I do this at least every other day but i do stop if i get dizzy or light headed x

Thanks girls, I guess I will just have to play it by ear and see how I feel as I'm doing it. Back there tomorrow before work and excited at the thought of it x

im now on 810 and starting at the gym today... i used to run 5k every other day... got to walk 1k and attempt a light jog at 1k today followed by some toning..... obviuosly will stop if i feel faint.

i guess the trick is to listen to your body...

how is everyone else getting on with excercise and CD?

I fully agree with what you have said, just listen to your body and stop if you feel faint. I joined the Gym a good while ago and have felt fab. I dont overdo it though and If I didnt join I would be wondering if I should have lol.

I have to confess Ive not been this week as my eldest daughter was evacuated from her home due to the flooding and have had too much going on at home but IF I dont get there tomorrow or Friday I feel better knowing I have a vibro machine on hire until 2 days before the wedding so can still use that.

Keep us posted how you get on, I bet you get back upto your 5k runs in no time x x x

Hi I normally go spinning classes, Zumba and water aerobics my CDC told me to avoid these and do light walks and swimming instead

Is it true over exercises will stop you losing weight, that's why I only do toning and inch loss programmes, only low cardio I do is fast dog walking, much to the annoyance of my dogs lol.

Time2slim said:
Is it true over exercises will stop you losing weight, that's why I only do toning and inch loss programmes, only low cardio I do is fast dog walking, much to the annoyance of my dogs lol.

I've cut right back this week so fingers crossed it helps. It's hard to explaine to non Cambridge people that I can't over exercise as they think exercise is good so it's great if they ask I can say I joined the gym lol.
Don't have a official weigh in until next weekend as I'm away for my hen weekend tomorrow so hopefully I won't do to much damage whilst I am away x

Back