anyone got a recipe for...

GemmaB1984

pea and ham soup please? and how many syns it would be
thanks

I'm doing a search for you at the moment. So far I've found this:

I've got pea and ham on the go at the moment and especially bulked up with extra veg to make it more EE friendly!

I use:
one ham joint
pack dried peas
2 leeks
2 carrots
1 large onion
4 potatoes

Cook the ham joint by placing in pan and adding water to cover. Bring to boil and take any 'froth' off the top when it appears. Turn down to simmer and leave for about an hour.

At the same time as the meat is cooking put the pack of peas with some bicarb of soda in a large pan with plenty of water and room to swell. Bring to boil & simmer for about 20 mins. Remove from heat

Take cooked ham from pan and shred it removing any fat at the same time. Put the shredded meat back in the pan with the juices it was cooked in, chop all veg and add these & 2 veg stock cubes. Rinse the peas and add these to the ham & veg. Top up with boiling water if required - bring back to boil and then simmer for about another hour.

My latest soup............

Pete’s Chorizo and Pea Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g peas
10 slices of chorizo slices, finely chopped (5 syn in total)
1 onion finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
750mL vegetable stock
Splash of “Worcester sauce”

Method

Spray a saucepan with Fry Light and add the onions, carrot & celery, cook until soft, then add the chorizo.

Pour the stock in and the Worcester sauce, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, add the peas and leave to simmer for 20 mins.

Using a hand food blender
chop into small pieces. Serve immediately.

Attachments

• Cherizo & Pea Soup (Large).JPG
    Cherizo & Pea Soup (Large).JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
bilsat said:
My latest soup............

Pete’s Chorizo and Pea Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g peas
10 slices of chorizo spices, finely chopped (5 syn in total)
1 onion finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
750mL vegetable stock
Splash of “Worcester sauce”

Method

Spray a saucepan with Fry Light and add the onions, carrot & celery, cook until soft, then add the chorizo.

Pour the stock in and the Worcester sauce, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, add the peas and leave to simmer for 20 mins.

Using a hand food blender
chop into small pieces. Serve immediately.

This sounds nice-but what is 'chorizo spice' cos I love chorizo but its got too many syns in!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Sorry, typing error! it should be chorizo slices from Sainsbury's, I worked out that each slice =1/2 syn.

They are a sampler pack £1-00. Approx 30mm round and sliced very thin, would make a lovely sandwich!

There is one in the SW family feasts for a fiver recipe book.

1 medium onion peeled and chopped,
1 Litre/1 3/4 vegetable stock
454g/1lb frozen peas
14g/1/2 oz mint leaves
100g/3 1/2oz lean ham chopped.

1. Place the onion in a large saucepan with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.

2. and the peas and bring back to the boil, then simmer for 7 mins.

3. Stir in the mint leaves and blitz with a hand blender or food processor if you have one until smooth.

4. Add the chopped ham and stir through. serve immediately.

Free on EE
1 1/2 syns on Green
4 Syns on Original.

It's also freezeable too. I have tried this and its lovely.

Back