Anyone got Endometriosis?

MiniMarge

Hey
I was recently diagnosed with this and had surgery to have this treated (they burnt the ends!!). Anyone else trying to slim down with endo? Just curious to know how it affecting your weight gain or loss.
Ty

Had suffered from endo for about 20 years, on very high dose pain killers (1 down from morphine), trying to lose weight was not really an issue for me but feeling crap and eating everything in sight was. So ended up putting on loads.

Had a hysterectomy in 2006 best thing I ever had done.

Can't really help with the loss but as long as you keep to plan you should lose.

Hi

im new to the atkins diet and was wandering if this was best for me I also have END, PCOS and a bicornate uterus, altho i have had surgery for the uterus issue. Been on clomid for the last 6 months and cannot get a referral for IVF until i lose the pounds!!!! Its def a great incentive to lose the weight so why does my head disagree wth what my heart is saying. I have yoyo dieted for many years but really want this to work .

All kinds of help and tips greatly appreciated xx

I do, for about 16 years now (also have PCOS too) took them soo long to diagnose it though, and also took me years to get my painkillers up to where they are now, they make me a bit woozy but it took me 16 years to get the decent ones so i refuse to tell the dr's in case they reduce them to a weaker one (to avoid the woozy)
All the dr's have said i can't have children and do really need a hysterectomy but refuse to do it as i'm not old enough and i might want kids in the future...erm...hang on....you've all said i can't have kids so why does it matter how old i am exactly?! (i'm 32 and luckily i never wanted kids anyways) I could go private with Bupa but it's too expensive really.
I do find my pain lessens when i am lighter, i can lose weight but its usually quite slow, you know people moan that * week is a bad week for them, weight wise? Well that's me every week lol, my current * has been going on for 17 days today, so i don't have that excuse but it is just the way of life for slimming for me, but i am getting there.
You will find, as time goes by, some things help, some hinder, and a lot of things work for a lot of people and vice versa...
I'm sorry that you have been diagnosed with this...i wouldn't wish it on anyone :(
Make sure you have a good dr, and for some reason the NHS don't seem to understand it very much (well at least where i am anyways) but perservere, you are entitled to all the resources available (even if they don't offer them, ask)

Anyhoo...sorry for the waffle, hope it's not too bad a case of it for u xx

Hi

im new to the atkins diet and was wandering if this was best for me I also have END, PCOS and a bicornate uterus, altho i have had surgery for the uterus issue. Been on clomid for the last 6 months and cannot get a referral for IVF until i lose the pounds!!!! Its def a great incentive to lose the weight so why does my head disagree wth what my heart is saying. I have yoyo dieted for many years but really want this to work .

All kinds of help and tips greatly appreciated xx

Actually i would've thought that Atkins would be quite good for you, but only in the sense of the amount of Iron you get to have, as i find i need a really intensely Iron-y diet (i personally take loads of iron supplements as i don't overly love meat, but for a meat lover it would be good)
I'm not sure on Atkins as a long term diet though, maybe SW would be better as you still get to eat loads of meat, but it is also a long term healthy eating plan as well, so unlike atkins you wouldn't have to keep stopping and starting...

*ps sorry for the waffle :eek:
x

Back