Anyone got recipes for the slow cooker??

kaceyboo

Silver Member
Around 400ish cals? My slow cooker is gathering dust so im not really sure what im doing with it lol xx

I'd also be interested in this. Mines gathering dust too Kaceyboo lol x

not sure on the cals but I do a whole chicken in mine, just put in on a few balls of foil and leave all day and it comes out lush and juicy(apart from the soggy skin but thats a good thing cals wise)

I make chilli con Carne in mine

Turkey curry
Chicken casserole
Liver and onion

Any stew, in love mine as I just add the meat raw with no fat in the morning and all the ingredients and as long as there is enough sauce/ water I leave it on till I get in from work

God ya just reminded me I have one lol! Ok I will aim to use it tomorrow! Il get ingredients for somethin tomorrow! Now what shal I make hmmm! I presume the likes of rice an pasta ya make them before serving? Do potatoes cook in it? I usually just use mine for chicken r ham

Yeah make the rice and pasta before serving, I put potatoes in sausage casserole and stuff and they cook fine do do dumplings ( not that I eat them Anymore lol)

500g lean beef mince (could use turkey)
Chilli powder
Paprika
Cumin
Small tin red kidney beans
1 onion
2 red chilli peppers (depending on how hot you like it)
Tin of chopped tomatos
Worcestershire sauce

Bung it all in the slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours. We just chuck spices in then adjust towards the end of the cooking time if it doesn't taste right.

1/4 of it with some brown rice would be under 400 calories I reckon.

Back