Anyone got the secret to lasting willpower?

mollydog

Silver Member
After giving myself a really good pep talk and visiting this site nothing and i mean absolutely nothing could have stopped me from heading to the fridge for a glass of wine:party0036:One glass is bad enough but headed for fridge to get grapes &
cheese:eatdrink051:and back another 4 times to finish the bottle along with 3 bags of crisps. Was on a course today so sat through a fairly interesting day with gurgly insides:sick0019:. I've got the before photos out but thats not helping either. I've just been reading about another member that just needs to eat, not hungry but gotta eat and i think thats how i feel too. I've signed up for May challenge so this is a pretty poor start.
How do you all get yourselves back on track?:devilangel:

this diet is not for everyone, i dont think everyone is able to live without food as we all 'use' it for different reasons... like social, comfort, celebrating etc...

it all depends on whats going on in your life to how you deal with little hurdles!

i had a clear run this time (did LL in 06 but lasted a month), no money worries, no commitments, a lady of leisure at the mo (back to uni in sept), things going quite well with OH, no kids etc, etc...

i really think it is not so easy for others especially if you have kids/ stresses or other things going on.

maybe give the diet a re-think and think about whether it really suits and fits in with your lifestyle.

good luck xxx

Sometimes, I think we're just determined to self-sabotage. No rhyme, no reason to it. Sometimes, I swear I do it to punish myself, though I'm really not what sure I'm punishing myself for. For daring to believe I can be a success, maybe? :)

How to stop--well, that's the million pound question. I think a lot of us would like to know the answer to that one.

The trouble with falling off this diet in particular is that you come out of ketosis. And then you start to crave carbs--and will continue to do so until you can get yourself firmly back into ketosis. It's to do with insulin highs and lows. So in order to get back on the wagon, you need to know that you're going to have to go 'cold turkey' all over again, LOL. And that's going to take grim determination.

But remind yourself of all the reasons why you want to do this. Remind yourself why you're doing CD rather than any other diet (if you're like me, nothing else was working for you).

And remember how far you've come already in just a few weeks!

So get back on that wagon, hun :)

I had to stop the diet after a week because i could not resist. I lasted 5 days without having anything but day 7 and i couldn't deprive myself any longer. I love fruit and needed some. So i had a banana, grapes apple and a yoghurt for my tea and phoned my CDC and told her i wasn't dong it anymore. im eating healthly I dont have a bad diet anyhow, it was/is baby weight i need to shift. I lost 4lb in a week on the CDC, (was 8lb but started eating so some went back on)
Do whats best for you.

Thanks for your replies. Caught between the ocean and the deep blue sea I think! My need to do this is greater than my need to eat i'm sure and if i'm not thinner by my 40th i'm going to be sooo disappointed so that should be goal enough.
I am really really hungry just now but thats probably just the munchies following last nights blip. I've had loads of water today so hopefully it will flush it all out.
I think what is keeping me going back for a shake or bar is the thought of putting weight on again. Does anyone know what sort of weight gain i would get if i were to change to calorie counting/healthy eating? Like mumto4 i am missing fruit and homemade veg soup which to me are the healthy way to shift weight.

You have come so far...35lbs is a fantastic loss...you have done it before and you can do it again. Dig deep, guzzle your water, focus on being slim and fabulous for your 40th birthday...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

best wishes Gaynor x x

Thanks. There is so much support on this site none of us should ever have a wobble!! I'm away to have even more water and an early night. Maybe if i up the water daily from here on it will help keep hunger pangs at bay.
Good luck to everyone for the May challenge. I've signed up for 14lbs. Getting into size 12s should be inspiration enough, I've still got a pair of jeans from years ago, never thought i'd get close to fitting them again......

Back