Anyone have a recipe for low fat/fat free frozen yoghurt or ice cream?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering if anyone has a recipe for a low fat or preferably fat free frozen yoghurt or ice cream? Apparently my boyfriend fancies it this weekend so looks like I'll be having a go at making it lol

I bought the kenwood ice cream maker for my kenwood chef, and i have yet to use it lol

When i do i plan onI sticking a muller light in there to make ice cream, and add like a broken up freddo or some form of low fat chocolate bar, bet curly wurly would be nice :-D ice cream makers are about £29 online,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'll tell you what I like to do when I'm feeling like some healthy, low calorie frozen treats - slice two smallish bananas into rounds and freeze them for a few hours or overnight, then blend them with a little bit of milk, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, whatever you like! This might sound dubious but please try it, you'll be amazed at how creamy and thick it is, you see bananas have a tiny fat content (much more than most other fruits, but still fairly neglible) so when you freeze them they don't just get icy. This also works really well with avacados, and try combining other frozen fruits for yummy summer treats - my favourites are banana and frozen mango, and banana and frozen summer berries. If you use very ripe bananas you don't have to add any sugar :), if you have an ice cream machine you can always churn your blended mixture afterward just to freeze it up a bit more - frozen fruit will keep in the freezer for ages but unfortunately these recipes wont, the 'ice cream' will get hard if you leave it in the freezer, so my advice would be to slice up some bananas/avacados/other fruits into single serve portions and just whizz it up as and when you fancy it!

Back