Extra Easy What are we having for dinner

faye cheshire

Silver Member
I found a butternut squash and chickpea tagine recipe. We are having cous cous and pitta with it.
I know this sounds mad but I didn't have any kale so I added chopped Chinese lettuce leaves. I saw Jamie Oliver make a kind of stew with lettuce. I must say it is nice with fish.
Anyway it has worked. The tagine is so tasty and not too hot.
I ve cooked some lamb steak and chopped it up. I will add this to hubby' s later.

Dessert. I got some vegan ice cream. Swedish Glace. It is lovely but OMG the syns. So zero fat Greek style yoghurt and a tablespoon of honey.

Oh that sounds lovely.

Menu here today is sp so we are having fish and stir fry veggies. I'm having smoked Coley and my partner and daughter will have salmon.

Veggies are quite a random mix, grated squash, edamame, grated carrot, cabbage slices, onions, peppers, courgette in ginger sauce

I am doing a roast beef dinner tonight for my husband so I think I will have biam. If anyone has been to Greece they are bound to have had it. It is an oven cooked dish. YoI make it with veg e.g. potatoes, aubergibes, courgette, red obion, garlic and tomatoes. You can serve with feta and crusty bread.
I love it!!

I found a butternut squash and chickpea tagine recipe. We are having cous cous and pitta with it.
I know this sounds mad but I didn't have any kale so I added chopped Chinese lettuce leaves. I saw Jamie Oliver make a kind of stew with lettuce. I must say it is nice with fish.
Anyway it has worked. The tagine is so tasty and not too hot.
I ve cooked some lamb steak and chopped it up. I will add this to hubby' s later.

Dessert. I got some vegan ice cream. Swedish Glace. It is lovely but OMG the syns. So zero fat Greek style yoghurt and a tablespoon of honey.
Slimming world vegetable and red lentil soup. Made it chunky and will add a bit of cauliflower. Smells divine and so easy to make.

Aldi veg biryani with homemade rice. Maybe mushroom. Depends on what is in the curry. Followed by yoghurt and honey(not so vegan), although Greek is n t as bad. Not cheap honey so better for the bees welfare.

Hubby having the body coach homemade mama s beef lasagne. With salad and chips.
I am not eally that hungry as been ill so maybe some soup. Sw spicy carrot and lentil but i put red onion garlic and potato in it. Spiced up with red thsi curry paste

I'm doing pan-fried salmon fillets, with new potatoes (10g butter on them - 3.5 Syns) and petit pois. Fresh fruit salad for dessert. :)

Back