Anyone here make their own Pickled Onions?

poppyowner

Silver Member
Last time in Tesco I bought a large jar of pickling vinegar and some baby onions and decided I'd make my own pickled onions this year. I have prepared one bag so far and made the CHILLI & GARLIC flavoured by adding some Chilli and some garlic to vinegar to let infuse..... Have some vinegar left so after I've bought another bag of onions (49p in Tesco £1.39 for Jar Pickling Vinegar) was wondering what other flavours to infuse.... you can buy basic pickled onions so cheaply it is not worth me doing those hence me seeking inspiration.

Any ideas (not Chilli & Garlic) of other flavours to make OR do you make pickled onions and what flavours do you do / any tips???

Jill

My mum makes them and she sticks the whole black peppercorns in the jar Lovely!!!

I used to make my own using a shop bought pickling spice - but my DH ate them so quickly there was never any left for Christmas and I had to buy some which defeated the object - so I haven't made any for the last couple of years....

Not done pickled onions for years! But tomorrow I shall be making green tomato chutney!

Back