Less than half syn butternut squash curry

Grunka Lunka

Hello! I thought I'd post this recipe on here since it's delicious and almost syn free. I've adapted it from a Harcombe Diet recipe, which originally clocked in at 34 syns. Warning though...it makes a LOT of curry - my slow cooker was full! It was easily enough for 8 people so maybe halve the recipe if you don't want a freezer full of it :)

1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
3 large onions, chopped
2 peppers, roughly chopped (I used a red and a green but the colour doesn't matter)
Half a cauliflower cut into florets
Two courgettes, sliced (I sliced them and then halved the slices to make the pieces smaller)
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 pint of vegetable stock
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp curry powder
100g low fat coconut flavoured yogurt (I used the Tesco one that comes in a 450g tub. 100g is 2 syns so if you make enough for 8 people each portion comes in at a quarter of a syn)

I threw everything except the yogurt into a slow cooker and left it on high for about 6 hours. Then I threw the yogurt in and left it for another hour.

It does freeze, though I'm eating it at the moment and most of the vegetables have gone a little mushy. However, sitting here I'm thinking how much I wish I had some SW chips to dunk in it so you could whizz it up and make a nice curry sauce with it :)

15934715_10154148129531828_808538941_n.jpg

Back