Anyone in a new relationship?

Hi guys. I have been in a new relationship for 3 months and it is tricky because he has a stomach condition which leaves him in a lot of pain sometimes when he eats. it's very sad.On the plus side tho since he has met me and his mood has lifted, he eats a lot more which is a good thing. Plus it gives me the incentive to cook proper meals for the both of us :eek:
He is underweight which i find difficult because I know I am not big anymore but it makes me feel huge in comparison.

Ooooh, new guy :D How long have you been seeing him?
I kinda know how you feel, but I know it's different for everyone. But I'm on a dating site and do manage to end up on a few dates, but I am always so worried about it and I think most of the time it's because I can't imagine why someone would want to be with me. You know? I think I sabotage my dates because I think that when I meet them they will take one look at me and go "urgh!" :eek:
It's really hard to fake confidence, but I think I need to remember to focus on the things about myself that I do like. I guess you could do something similar. Instead of focusing on the stuff you don't like about your body, remind yourself about what you DO like. The underwear trick is a good one too :p
I've started talking to a new guy recently and a date has already been mentioned. Think I need to get my head sorted before I go and ruin it again! So will be keeping a close eye on this thread ;)

Good luck with your guy and enjoy your next date.
Kelly.xx

hennyhamster, is that a profile pic of the both of you!? Cute couple!!! :)

Hi Cheekychinchilla, I've been seeing my boyf for about 3 weeks now...

I used to do internet dating and the attitude to adopt is that they're on trial not you. You should be seeing whether they measure up to your standards not the other way around. Easier said than done I know, especially when your self esteem is i the gutter.

Wishing you all the best for a fruitful outcome,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Cheekychinchilla, I've been seeing my boyf for about 3 weeks now...

I used to do internet dating and the attitude to adopt is that they're on trial not you. You should be seeing whether they measure up to your standards not the other way around. Easier said than done I know, especially when your self esteem is i the gutter.

Wishing you all the best for a fruitful outcome,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you very much for that. I never think of it in that way!! I always just think "They're never going to like me" :eek:

Lots of luck to you as well.xx

Thankyou Rosie - so kind to post a reply. Do you really think I should tell him or should I just brazen it out? Don't know what the best option is to be honest...He doesn't he even know I've joined SW yet - I'll tell him when I see him next. That should give him some clues as to how I'm feeling about my bod.

It's all so exciting and so very very scary at the same time! That's relationships for you eh? A few years ago when I was slim I'd have been all for tearing my clothes off and getting down to it :8855:!

Now things are a little more tricky...

Thanks hun,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hun

You have to do what's right for you at the end of the say. Telling him you're doing SW will be a start, maybe offer to cook him a meal and do a SW meal. It is your choice though, if you don't feel comfortable doing it then leave it for a while.

From what you've said on here he sounds like a lovely guy. :)

I met my husband when I was at my heaviest, we've been married now for nearly 4 years and he has always said he loves me for who I am (moods and all) and not how I look. Most men will go for personality rather than anything else.

I wish you all the luck in the world in your new relationship and by all means take things as fast or as slow as feels right for you. Remember that everyone is different so everyone works to a different time scale. :)

Thanks for the reply Rosie. I've a feeling I'm going to take things really slowly... Told him today I'd joined SW and he didn't bat an eyelid, just went on about how much HE needs to lose weight lol! just goes to show how we all have our insecurities...

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Back