Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

hey ladies - am also looking to lose a lot and joined wednesday. Not going to bad so far. Where in north tigger, i grew up near conwy!

sianihawks said:
hey ladies - am also looking to lose a lot and joined wednesday. Not going to bad so far. Where in north tigger, i grew up near conwy!

I live in Llandudno :) are you still in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all i am currently 22 stone 12 :( and am desperate to loose the weight now. can you get quick results with sw?

I tried cambridge and all about w8 a couple of years ago and saw quite quick results but couldnt cope more than a month on it as it is just so restrictive.

I saw on tv this week a guy who followed sw and lost loads of weight in about 9 months, is this common?

saxylou said:
Hi all i am currently 22 stone 12 :( and am desperate to loose the weight now. can you get quick results with sw?

I tried cambridge and all about w8 a couple of years ago and saw quite quick results but couldnt cope more than a month on it as it is just so restrictive.

I saw on tv this week a guy who followed sw and lost loads of weight in about 9 months, is this common?

I started 1lb more than you, and so far have lost 2 stone 2lb in about 12 weeks :) but I also run 4/5 times a week :)
Good luck

saxylou said:

I started at 22 stone 10 and am now 19 stone 10 :) in 19 weeks..

Hi everyone,

I am back on plan again I am 21stone 11 again!!!! I managed to get under the dreaded 20 stone earlier in the year but its back on again. I went on slim fast as a quick fix before my wedding and lost quite a lot of weight in a very short space but have now gained it all after our honeymoon and enjoying myself for a month lol

I do find though that even though I was enjoying the lovely food I ate I wasnt enjoying it any more than the lovely slimming world food I cook myself so I am back and hopefully for good this time.

Started back 100percent today and have had a good day

xxx

:welcome: back and gl xx

Thanks Lily ;-) I know it can work as I have done really well in the past losing more than 7 stone its so frustrating when you have lost a lit of weight but get complacent because you feel so much better and all of your old bad was just creap back. Is anyone else like that or is it just me?

xxx

Thanks Lily ;-) I know it can work as I have done really well in the past losing more than 7 stone its so frustrating when you have lost a lit of weight but get complacent because you feel so much better and all of your old bad was just creap back. Is anyone else like that or is it just me?

xxx

No me too hun, you're not alone...but this time and I am 1000% sure about this, it's going and it's not coming back.
Until I joined SW I didn't understand how to eat properly, sounds daft at 53 and having been on diets for nearly 40 years (mostly with WW's), but I always went for the quick fix and lost huge amounts in a short time or lost very little at all and was ALWAYS hungry, something I haven't found since being on SW and I have also found my willpower...god knows where it's been hiding but my resistance is sky high. My lovely son in law bought presents for everyone last night, my daughter (his fiancée) got beautiful roses and a bag of minstrels, I got a beautiful mixed bunch of flowers and maltesers and my hubby got his fave choccy bars...now in the past maltesers would have definitely been screaming at me to open them...but I took them thanked him, said I might treat myself to a few after weigh in tonight and put them away...WOOHOOO...me refusing to open maltesers and stuff the lot...unheard of, well at least the old me that is ...I will have my maltesers (I'm not that daft lol), but I will have a few now and then, just like my hubby has always done and he has always been around 10st, maybe I should have watched and learned lol xx

No me too hun, you're not alone...but this time and I am 1000% sure about this, it's going and it's not coming back.
Until I joined SW I didn't understand how to eat properly, sounds daft at 53 and having been on diets for nearly 40 years (mostly with WW's), but I always went for the quick fix and lost huge amounts in a short time or lost very little at all and was ALWAYS hungry, something I haven't found since being on SW and I have also found my willpower...god knows where it's been hiding but my resistance is sky high. My lovely son in law bought presents for everyone last night, my daughter (his fiancée) got beautiful roses and a bag of minstrels, I got a beautiful mixed bunch of flowers and maltesers and my hubby got his fave choccy bars...now in the past maltesers would have definitely been screaming at me to open them...but I took them thanked him, said I might treat myself to a few after weigh in tonight and put them away...WOOHOOO...me refusing to open maltesers and stuff the lot...unheard of, well at least the old me that is ...I will have my maltesers (I'm not that daft lol), but I will have a few now and then, just like my hubby has always done and he has always been around 10st, maybe I should have watched and learned lol xx

Wow how thoughtful of him he sounds lovely:)
Thats brilliant. When I am on SW I have fantastic willpower as I know that even though I cant have the naughty thing I can have something. Other diets I have been on have been so restrictive.
I think one of my problems is that I know the weight comes of slowly for me on SW and then I get frustrated and want to be instantly slim so I move away onto a stupid fad diet and then I lose the will to live and give up completely.
Then I end up back to square one.
I am trying to train my brain to accept the slow weight loss this time but know that I will get there in the end.
Well done on resisting the Maltesers I love them lol My Husband is also slim and has lost weight since he has been with me as I tend to eat healthily most of the time (Until I get a cheese or butter or take away craving)
xx

Wow how thoughtful of him he sounds lovely:)
Thats brilliant. When I am on SW I have fantastic willpower as I know that even though I cant have the naughty thing I can have something. Other diets I have been on have been so restrictive.
I think one of my problems is that I know the weight comes of slowly for me on SW and then I get frustrated and want to be instantly slim so I move away onto a stupid fad diet and then I lose the will to live and give up completely.
Then I end up back to square one.
I am trying to train my brain to accept the slow weight loss this time but know that I will get there in the end.
Well done on resisting the Maltesers I love them lol My Husband is also slim and has lost weight since he has been with me as I tend to eat healthily most of the time (Until I get a cheese or butter or take away craving)
xx

Gosh are you me...that's me to a tee...I always did the I am getting fed up of losing just a wee amount and went for the quick fix (cambridge diet, slimfast, cabbage diet you name them I've done them) and like you I wasn't able to resist, cheese, butter and take away's, but thankfully somehow my body has recognised that they are no good for me, last 3 times I had a take away and I wasn't greedy just a normal portion of fries and whatever and boy was i ill after, same with cheese and butter...in fact I rarely use fat or fatty stuff unless it's a bit of olive oil or half fat cheese (never thought I'd see the day when I actually loved a half fat cheese ...but Tesco's half fat grated mature cheddar is delish), but this time I have realised, woken up if you like to the fact that i didn't put it on over night and I'm not going to take it off over night and this time I KNOW it won't come back.
Yes my future (I should have said that before but they have been dating 6 years and has lived with us the last 2 lol), son I law is a doll, I absolutely love both my son in laws and if I could have picked partners for my girls they would have been my choices, funnily enough, both my s-i-l's remind me a lot of my hubby..it's true girls do go for men like their dads lol xx

You are doing so well I need your motivation :) I love SW food though and know that its worth the effort as my Hubby and Son both benefit from me being on plan as they get proper healthy food :)
I have also done all of those diets lol the Cabbage soup one was the worst though it was so antisocial. I think that doing these stupid diets actually makes us fatter as well. I wonder If I had just let myself be on SW 100 percent and not annoyed myself when I would have reached target. I am pretty sure I would be there now if it weren't for my self destruct button

xxx

You are doing so well I need your motivation :) I love SW food though and know that its worth the effort as my Hubby and Son both benefit from me being on plan as they get proper healthy food :)
I have also done all of those diets lol the Cabbage soup one was the worst though it was so antisocial. I think that doing these stupid diets actually makes us fatter as well. I wonder If I had just let myself be on SW 100 percent and not annoyed myself when I would have reached target. I am pretty sure I would be there now if it weren't for my self destruct button

xxx

I think for me it's a lot to do with my C at group and the girls and boys, they really push me and I do them too. But the thing that I personally think turned me around was My Consultant Clive (I call him God), long story short, started SW mostly to shut my daughter up as she was nagging me ..went first week weighed in no great surprise with my weight, 2nd week STS disappointed but had just that same week started a course of chemotherapy for a skin condition, so again wasn't surprised, 3rd week was sick 4th week lost 10lb, 5th week gained 3lb...but the 5th week was also the week the chemo not only failed but made my condition worse and I was so down and i felt I had had the most wonderful week other than the chemo thing, and to gain 3lb I was all for giving up...I ran out of the meeting crying my eyes out, fully intending to give up, God chased after me and stood in just his short sleeved shirt in the freezing December cold and told me how he knew I could do this and that he was going to back me up etc etc at which point I thought yeah i am going to do this even if it takes me 10 years and must have actually voiced that sentiment because the next thing I heard was him saying back to me, I believe in you so much and if it does take 10 years I am going to be there every step of the way, even if I am no longer a consultant and so far he has stuck to his word, there's not a week goes by that he doesn't say to me not long now, we are going to get you into the magazine you're my shining star...I think that without him I would have gone back to how I was, but instead not only am I sure I can do this, but I am also sure that I really want to be a consultant too xx

He sounds amazing :) I have been to several classes and never really connected with any of the consultants. The problem is with them I feel is that they judge everyone the same. I have weeks when I gain even though I have followed plan 100 percent and I have been made to feel like a greedy pig with the knowing looks and implications that I have either had to much wine or chocolate. Neither of which are my downfall. I would love to be a consultant as well and would also love to go to a consultant who has had a massive weight loss so they can empathise with me.
You are an inspiration you have done fantastically and although your consultant has been encouraging its you who has done the hard work. Well done clever girl. I am hoping to lose as much as you have and you have made me feel its possible thank you xxx

:553::sign0163::grouphugg:What an inspirational thread have just rejoined SW after many failed attempts with about 10 stoneish to lose.Trying so hard to stay positive and ignore the chocolate

Mazie6 said:
:553::sign0163::grouphugg:What an inspirational thread have just rejoined SW after many failed attempts with about 10 stoneish to lose.Trying so hard to stay positive and ignore the chocolate

Well done for rejoining, remember tho, the beauty of SW is that you don't have to ignore chocolate-that's what syns are for :D x

:welcome: back Mazie, I have a rule of thumb to be honest, if I look at something and it's more important to have that something than to lose weight at that moment in time, then I have it, but thankfully...so far...my desire to lose weight has definitely outweighed my cravings. But if I do cave THE most important thing is to draw a line under it, we're only human after all, forgive myself and start over ...don't tell yourself off, don't regret it, don't do any of the things that you would hate someone else doing to you, if you wouldn't let someone else "abuse" you, why should you allow yourself to "abuse" you, just forgive yourself and move on, I think for me in all honesty, that is the biggest lesson I have learnt this time and it's almost undoubtedly the reason that this time for the 1st time, I know I will succeed and I know I will never take that road again.
So Mazie, if you want this enough, you can do it, you have to forgive your weaknesses and celebrate your strengths and know that YOU CAN do this ... there are hundreds of people on here, myself included, only to ready to give you support and advice, all you have to do is holler, gl hun xx

P.S. I caved right after writing this, had 34 syns ate a whole bag of Maltesers, god knows why, didn't even enjoy them,(blame my son in law for buying them and tempting me ..but they are gone now so no more temptation lol) but I am back on track, worked out a lovely menu for the week and will now hopefully get back to losing a mass of weight in time for wi next week xx

Last edited:

We can do it Mazie we will do it together :)

xxx

:girlpower::needhug:Thanks for that Welshtigger!!! only trouble is the addictive nature of chocolate and something sweet. Any suggestions for low syn choc treats?

P.S. I caved right after writing this, had 34 syns ate a whole bag of Maltesers, god knows why, didn't even enjoy them,(blame my son in law for buying them and tempting me ..but they are gone now so no more temptation lol) but I am back on track, worked out a lovely menu for the week and will now hopefully get back to losing a mass of weight in time for wi next week xx

Thats because the evil little blighters were calling you begging you to eat them. They are gone now though sweetie so they can stop invading your subconscious and you can be a good girl again :)

xxx

Back