ANyone lowered their BP naturally without pills?

rowanx2

Losing the baby fat
Hi, I have very high blood pressure and was wondering if anyone has naturally lowered their without BP pills?

I ''assume'' it will get lower when I've lost weight, it does seem to be a weight related thing for me - I was put on BP pills in the latter stages of pregnancy as it was so high, but I don't want to take pills again if I can help it.

I have started losing weight and exercising but so far it doesnt seem to be going down any ... examples of my bp have been :
158/94, 141/90, 132/90,130/93, 152/96
taken at different times of the day - so I've got a potential problem.

Anyone else in the same boat? x

Reduce the amount of salt in your diet - there is no need to add it to anything as the amount we get from processed foods (bread, sauces, baked beans etc) is enough. Hopefully that will help.

My blood pressure is finally lower after many years - i attribute this to:
Weight loss
Low carb diet (less bloated and water retention with no grains - i actually eat more salt now...hmmm)
Lots of dancing - some high impact and some low but fitness levels significantly up and try to do something most days
Less booze;)
Reduced stress - dancing helps but also changed jobs

Good luck!

Reduce the amount of salt in your diet - there is no need to add it to anything as the amount we get from processed foods (bread, sauces, baked beans etc) is enough. Hopefully that will help.

I dont add salt to anything or eat particularly salty food as I would see it in swelling, so it's not going to be that easy unfortunately x

My blood pressure is finally lower after many years - i attribute this to:
Weight loss
Low carb diet (less bloated and water retention with no grains - i actually eat more salt now...hmmm)
Lots of dancing - some high impact and some low but fitness levels significantly up and try to do something most days
Less booze;)
Reduced stress - dancing helps but also changed jobs

Good luck!

I have a lot of stress in my life, have had for the past 2 years which probabl isnt helping. Hopefully losing weight will sort me out.
I dont drink - maybe i need to eat salt and drink then give it up lol :cool:

I have a lot of stress in my life, have had for the past 2 years which probabl isnt helping. Hopefully losing weight will sort me out.
I dont drink - maybe i need to eat salt and drink then give it up lol :cool:
Are you getting enough potassium in your diet? I am pre hypertension so just below you and I found having potassium in my diet helped. I have heard taking a baby aspirn everyday helps but I am not sure that is safe so I have not tried. Stress is also a issue, I have a problem with that too and the doctor told me that is a factor.

Last edited:
I have been on blood pressure tabs for nearly 14 years but am at my doc on tues hopefully to get my tabs reduced cos my blood pressure is now low and its because i have lost 3 and a half stone and walk an hour daily. I use excessive salt but have given up for lent and really dont miss it. i lst weight 6 years ago through curves and same thing happened i was taken off my tabs but stupidly put back on the weight and straight back on the tabs :(:(

i shall aim to eat more bananas and see if that has an affect, i wouldnt have thought about potassium thanks x oh an d i took baby aspirin when i was pregnant but it didnt keep my bp low, i really think the weight is the biggest factor.

I was on bp tablets near the end of my pregnancy, its not something i really want to rely on but i suspectif i went to the gp he might put me on them. wish i could magic this weight off overnight x

When I use to work at this place called planet smoothie, I had a customer tell me that after he started drinking the acai smoothie and eatings salads caused his BP to drop exponentially.

Back