anyone pregnant and doing slimming world ?

jazz86

hi i am four mnths pregnant with my forth child and am dueto join slimming world on friday

i have around 5 stone to lose and have been told by friends that i can stll lose weight while pregnant ??:confused:

the doctor has said it is safe to do so but i do not know what to expect so any experience/ advise please

thankyou

Hi I am nearly 19 weeks pregnant with baby no 5, My weight at 10 weeks was 13 13lbs and I am only 5 2 so about 4 stone over a healthy weight. I was in size 14 top 16 bottoms. I have used SW before with success and as its just really eating healthy things you can follow it whilst pregnant. However I found that trying to keep my calories below 1500 a day has worked well for me, my MW thinks I am following SW but I am sort of. I am eating really healthily with the odd treat at the weekend. I have lost 13lbs so far and am still in my pre pregnancy clothes. I have a nice size bump but have lost weight from my bum, hips, shoulder face etc. The way I look at is if I was an 8 stone lady trying not to put on any weight whilst pregnant then I would be a worry to the MW, BUT I am well overweight and have plenty of reserves for baby as they will take waht they need from you. So in my opinion it is safer for me to try to lose or STS . The reason I couldn't stick to the SW plan is just that I fancied different things and made it quite complicated to follow.
A typical day for me will be
A bowl of All Bran SS milk + glass of orange juice
lunch
Ham/Tuna/Chicken salad with pitta
Supper
A jacket or rice or new pots with chicken curry or casserole or something like that.
If I am hungry between meals then I will have some fruit or a Solero.
I try to think that if its not beneficial to baby then don't have it but I do have the odd treat on the weekend. I have not gained a pound as I have either lost or STS, so it can be done safely;)
Sorry for the essay, good luck and hope to see you around more on the forum, take care, Jo

Hi :) I have been dithering about re joining SW and am 19 weeks pregnant.

It's a brilliant healthy plan, I just need to get my head in gear to do it!! :) SW is the only plan I have been able to lose weight on and actually enjoy the process. You have loads of 'free' foods to choose from so you never need to feel hungry.

Have you bought the magazine? It has plenty of ideas, recipes and motivational features. It is a bit cheaper when you buy in class so worth buying on Friday.

I ate loads on SW and found the more healthy food I ate, the better results I got. You also have around 5-15 syns per day to enjoy and these can be chocolate, sauces, crisps, spreads, take aways etc. (there's a huge list in the book you are given when you join)

I'd definitely suggest going and as soon as my brain is in gear, I will be joining too.

Above all, it is a really healthy way to eat, so perfect for baby and you! :D

Let us know how you get on.

Back