16 week countdown

Dietdee

16 weeks until our summer holiday……

I have been on this weight loss journey for half my life, I joined Slimming world for the first time as a 25 year old and lost 5 stone, gained confidence, got divorced, started a social life and a few years down the line piled it back on plus a stone for good measure.
I dabbled on and off for a few years until I was nearing 40. I met my now husband at 39 and I was at my heaviest. He wasn’t phased, but I was.
My second serious attempt at SW was a couple of years into our relationship. A hike in Wales left me feeling like I was about to die (slightly dramatic, but you get the picture) then an invite through the door to a wedding a few months away left me feeling sick at the thought of being the fattest person there (again slightly dramatic).
SW to the rescue again, this time I didn’t go to group, I borrowed a friends SW book, and found this website and over the next 6 months I went from 15st11lb to 11st4lb. I was over the moon 🌙
I kept the weight in check until my OH asked me to marry him….. suddenly my weight started to creep back up…… the more I tried to lose it, the more it went up. Luckily my dress bought at my new weight still fit even though I’d gained a stone. By the time we came back from honeymoon I was nearly 13 stone. Eventually the enevitable happened and I was back up to 15st4lb and re joining a group.
Being back at group helped initially, but then I was paying to be told I’d gained. Lockdown came and I started to do OK, I lost about a stone, then my dad died, so I gained the stone and gave up.
So here I am today, with 16 weeks to a holiday I really need, with a bunch of summer clothes I can’t get into and dread that I’m too fat for the aeroplane seatbelt…..

My weight today is 16st2lb (I’ve lost 2lb this last week) I’m putting it out there my mini goal is to lose 25lb over the next 16 weeks.
accountability is key….
Good luck on your journeys….

2 June 22

breakfast
2 Heck chicken italia sausages 0.5 syns
cherry tomatoes
mushrooms,
baked beans
egg
2 Aldi hash brown waffles 2 syns
2 tea using skimmed milk

snack
melon
kiwi
vimto fruit drink sugar free

Lunch
still full from breakfast

Still 2 June

Lunch - much later
Mug shot chicken pasta 2.5 syns
3 light babybel cheeses HxA
apple

Dinner
chicken
wedges
salad
corn

Hi Dietdee! Your story is full of sincere wish to become healthy and I believe that you can achieve your goal! Now you have a husband who also can support and inspire you :) Good luck you too! :0clapper:

Thank you julony09, hope your journey is going well too.

3 June 22
hada very long road trip this morning, leaving home at 10am for a trip to Boston, Lincolnshire to take my son to see his dad in hospital, arrived back home at 7pm. we took the dog so whilst my son was in with his dad for a couple of hours, me and the hubby had a walk,it was so hot, we had left the rain in Chorley and arrived to blue skies and a heat wave 😂

food was picnic

Breakfast
Lidl 0% Greek yogurt
half banana
20g granola
tsp sweet freedom syrup

Lunch
2 small wholemeal bread HxB
2 tsp light Mayo
ham
lettuce
cherry tomatoes

snack
half banana
yogurt

Dinner
skinny burger from M&S 0.5 syn
seeded roll
light cheeses slice part HxA
ketchup 0.5 syn

1 can Mythos 6.5 syns

tomorrow I officially rejoin SW eekkk…..

Last edited:
4 June 22
Officially rejoined Slimming World this morning, I am now A Saturday weigher. I have bought a 10 week countdown to make the commitment to myself. First weigh in at group I was half a pound lighter than I had weighed on my own scales.
official weight is 16 st 0.5lb.

Breakfast - pre weigh in
Lidl low fat Greek yogurt
half banana
20g Granola 4 syns
Tea with skimmed milk 1/2 HxA

post weigh in
Lunch
jacket potato
20g reduced fat cheddar 1/2HxA
full half plate salad
1/2 tbsp salad cream 1 syn

snack

melon slices

Dinner Greek night
wholemeal pitta HxB
chicken kebab
pasta rice salad
half plate salad
4 olives 1 syn
45g feta cheese HxA

Last edited:
Hi Dietdee! Your story is full of sincere wish to become healthy and I believe that you can achieve your goal! Now you have a husband who also can support and inspire you :) Good luck you too! :0clapper:
Thank you, hope your journey is going well too

can anyone help, why is my ticker not showing my new loss, my signature one is correct and on the tricker factory correct, just not reflecting on here.

5 June 22

was up early this morning as my turn to do the morning dog walk, at least I got 45 min body magic. A rainy day here so nothing but cooking and tv.

Breakfast
bacon
egg
mushrooms
tomatoes
1x Aldi Hash Brown 2 syns

Lunch

rice salad using
tomatoes
cucumber
onion
peppers

pineapple
tuna
lettuce
45g feta HxA
2 Olives 1/2 syn
1tbsp salad cream 2 syns

Dinner
(planned casserol)
braising steak using red wine stock pot, beef stock pot, tomato purée
shallots
mash potato
broccoli
carrots

not sure there’ll be room for anything else, but we’ll see……

Supper
melon
pineapple
2 skinny crunch HxB
M&S 0% Greek style yogurt 0.5 syn

Last edited:
Monday 6 June 22

working from home today, prepped my food so I don’t too and fro to the fridge 😂

Breakfast
0% Greek Yogurt
20g Granola 4 syns
tsp sweet freedom 0.5 syn
banana

snack
carrot batons
boiled eggs

Lunch
mixed leaves
rice salad with
tomato
cucumber
onion
peppers

pineapple
melon
1 tbsp salad cream 2 syns

Dinner (planned pitta pizza)
wholemeal pitta HxB
40g reduced cheddar HxA
ham
chips/ wedges
tomato
mushrooms
mixed salad

Tuesday 7 June 22

out for work today, meal prepped last night to make sure I don’t go hungry and pick the wrong foods.

Breakfast
0% Greek yogurt
20g Granola 4 syns
pineapple

Lunch
2 wholemeal 400g bread HxB
2 tsp light mayonnaise 1.5 syns
lettuce
cherry tomatoes
melon

pineapple
satsuma

snack
banana

Dinner - smoked Salmon & broccoli quiche made by hubby from PON
smoked salmon
broccoli
eggs
onions
40g low cal cheese HxA
lettuce
cucumber
Cherry toms
onions

new potatoes

supper
Muller Bliss yogurt 5 syns

Last edited:
Friday 10 June

I have missed a few days, however I was totally on plan. Weigh day tomorrow and I’m confident I’ve lost weight.

todays food

Breakfast omelette wrap
egg
bacon
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 tsp HP 0.5 syn

Saturday 11 June 22

1st official weigh in and it’s a 2.5lb loss. Happy with that. that’s 6lb in total slow and steady.

Sunday 12 June 22

Breakfast
0% Greek yogurt
Strawberries
Apple
Tea x2

Lunch
2 wholemeal toast (400g)
beans
2 eggs

Dinner winner, winner chicken dinner
chicken
roasts
broccoli
cauli
carrots
Linda McCartney rosmary & red onion sausage (my stuffing balls)
gravy 2 syns

Dessert - my creation of Rhubarb crumble it made 2 portions
cooked 100g rhubarb 0.5 syn
20g Grape nuts 3 syns
0%greek yogurt to top
sweet freedom gingerbread 0.5 syn

flavoured my rhubarb with ginger spice
flavoured my yogurt with sweet freedom gingerbread

2 syns a portion and very nice 👌

snacks
muller lemon 0.5 syn
lentil hoops 4.5 syns

good food eaten

2 dog walks equalling 1hr 40 min

Monday 20/6/22

havent updated for a week but I’m still here. Week 2 SW weigh in was a 1lb loss. To be honest I did expect more, I had been 100% on plan, plenty fluids, loads of speed foods, all weighed and counted when it had to be, under syns, used 70 all counted. But a loss is a loss as they say.

I am on leave this week so meals are planned for this week, trying to be economic using freezer stash instead of keep buying different food. I’ve not had to buy salads for 2 weeks as both weeks at group I’ve won the raffle….

I haven’t eaten anything yet but will try to remember to come back and update.

25/6/22

How did it get to Saturday again….weighed in and lost 2.5lb at slimming world winning slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month for June, not bad for only 3 official weigh ins.

tonight was my nephews 18th birthday meal. I planned by looking at the menu prior and had in mind a couple of meals that would fit in with the plan. I chose a grilled salmon, jacket potato, corn on cob, beans as they had no coleslaw and no one likes a dry jacket Spud. I did allow myself a small slither of birthday cake 🍰 but since I’d only had 2 syns today I won’t fret over it. Also as the driver my tipple was Coke Zero……

onwards and downwards for at least a lb which will give me my official half a stone

8 July 22
I’m still chipping away, last Saturday I lost 3lb taking me to 9lb official on SW 12.5lb total.
last week I won the raffle again and took the SOW basket.

13 July 22

still here on week 7. last Saturday I lost 1lb fully on plan my total loss with slimming world is 10lb total loss is 13.5lb. I would like a 2lb loss on Saturday then 2 lb the week after which would give me my SW stone loss.

In 6 weeks I have had 3 slimmer of the week (1shared) slimmer of the month June, and won the raffle 3 times.

Back