Anyone Still Aliiiiiiiiive?!

Hey Darlin' and Samprand, thanks for your answers! To be honest reading about 1900 calories on Up Days are a little bit what scares me when I research JUDD on the internet. I don't know how old you are and if you do a lot of exercise or none at all but skinny gene aside I understand JUDDD to be about creating an average deficit in calories, i.e. if you eat 500 on a Down Day and 2500 on an Up Day this averages out to 1500, which is what most diets recommend to loose weight. The alternating is meant to keep us going, the idea being that if we were to eat only 1500 every day we'd be more likely to give up. If you take the average of 500 and 1900 you're certain to loose weight but this is pretty much a crash diet - with 1200 calories you're at the lowest baseline, anything less and you're in starvation mode. If it works for you and you feel healthy I don't mean to criticise you but that is very little food.

Thank you for your response, Albibe. I can feel your concern in your post, and do not feel criticism. As I posted earlier I have been clinically diagnosed as hypothyroid. I take thyroid meds, but still need to restrict calories a little bit more than most people. Also I am almost 60 years old. I have a very sedentary job and don't get out much.
This plan is one that works so well for me. There is another JUDDD forum that I read where most of the older gals have 1600-1700 as their Up Day limit; so I actually feel good about being able to have 1900. If I were to eat sweets and chips, I could easily rack up 1900 calories in no time. But if I have hot cereal for breakfast, omletts for lunch and a healthy meat, potatoe and veggie supper, I am more than satisfied at the end of the day. Usually a cookie or two in the evening. Partial fasting has been proven to have health benefits. But I do know the pit-falls of too low calorie restrictions; and your concern is understandable and valid.

Back