Anyone struggling?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Having a bit of a 'grrrr' day today :(
Feel a bit like I'm counting and counting and not getting anywhere. Admittedly I've not been brilliantly on track overall during the last couple of weeks, but I've definitely not been thousands over!

It seems like I'm developing this pattern:
Week before Auntie Flo = crave sugar and eat like a monster but try not to.
Week of Auntie Flo = feel a bit better but still crave sugar and a lot of bread.
Weeks after = eat normally again!
But in those two hormonal weeks any water retention weight gain seems to stick with me. I still count my cals and if I do go over it's rarely by much unless I have the occasional blow out.

I'm doing a bit more exercise now, but not drastic amounts that would cause me to have muscle gain.

I got measured for my wedding dress yesterday and since I last got measured in about October, I've only gone down 1" on bust, 1" under bust and ½" on tummy! I was quite gutted about that. I thought it would be more. And the bust measurements are probably because I've stopped feeding my daughter now.

Sorry for the moan! I just feel a bit pants. I am certainly not stopping counting my cals...that would just lead to all sorts of bother! lol! But I do need to work out what to do...should I raise them a bit, lower a bit (I'm only on 1200!) work out more, just mix up my diet a bit...First thing I'm going to do is up my water as I think that could be a problem. I easily have 8 glasses but not 2+ litres so maybe I need to increase that and it'll help...

*sigh*

Well done if you've read this much moaning! lol!

H xx

Hey there,

I feel like I constantly struggle. I am more of a savoury girl but when I do crave sugar, sugar free jelly is my salvation, either that or i have a calipo ice lolly, it is sweet, only 100 cal and takes a while to eat.

Think maybe you should try upping your calorie allowance a little? Maybe 1400 especially on the hormonal weeks those few extra cals might be enough to stop you craving the bad stuff

Hope you feel better x

HellieCopter said:
Having a bit of a 'grrrr' day today :(
Feel a bit like I'm counting and counting and not getting anywhere. Admittedly I've not been brilliantly on track overall during the last couple of weeks, but I've definitely not been thousands over!

It seems like I'm developing this pattern:
Week before Auntie Flo = crave sugar and eat like a monster but try not to.
Week of Auntie Flo = feel a bit better but still crave sugar and a lot of bread.
Weeks after = eat normally again!
But in those two hormonal weeks any water retention weight gain seems to stick with me. I still count my cals and if I do go over it's rarely by much unless I have the occasional blow out.

I'm doing a bit more exercise now, but not drastic amounts that would cause me to have muscle gain.

I got measured for my wedding dress yesterday and since I last got measured in about October, I've only gone down 1" on bust, 1" under bust and ½" on tummy! I was quite gutted about that. I thought it would be more. And the bust measurements are probably because I've stopped feeding my daughter now.

Sorry for the moan! I just feel a bit pants. I am certainly not stopping counting my cals...that would just lead to all sorts of bother! lol! But I do need to work out what to do...should I raise them a bit, lower a bit (I'm only on 1200!) work out more, just mix up my diet a bit...First thing I'm going to do is up my water as I think that could be a problem. I easily have 8 glasses but not 2+ litres so maybe I need to increase that and it'll help...

*sigh*

Well done if you've read this much moaning! lol!

H xx

Heya you on MFP? Would it help if we had a look over ur diary??? I'm donzy84 if u want to add me.
Are u wanting to tone? If so maybe try kettleworx I toned up a lot doing that and I know a few on here who swear by 30 day shred x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've added you! My diary will show I don't eat brilliantly at the moment...lol...so me moaning about not losing is irrelevant. But obviously I want to eat cake all the time and still lose!!

HellieCopter said:
I've added you! My diary will show I don't eat brilliantly at the moment...lol...so me moaning about not losing is irrelevant. But obviously I want to eat cake all the time and still lose!!

Me too :) cakeeeeeeeeee

So much so, I've just had a Mr Kipling french fancy! Only 106 cals but still....mmmm!

HellieCopter said:
So much so, I've just had a Mr Kipling french fancy! Only 106 cals but still....mmmm!

U see I had them in house, I'd eat them all I got to buy goodies one at a time x

Oooh mmm gonna have to get some french fancies! 106 cals they'd be worth every cal an better than a big cream scone! :)

I am struggling but i have been binging i think from not having a enough makes my body suddenly crave intensely lots of food so i plan to up my game follow a lot of tips on here.

Fluid intake, recommended daily amount 2.5 litres. Remember you get fluid from yr fruit and veg T and coffee, so I drink 2 ltr (4pt) a day. I have started drinking 1 pint when I get up instead of a cup of T.
Bread I am trying to avoid, or if I have bread no more than one slice or a small roll, whole meal if possible.
It's difficult for me to comment on how many calories because although MFP recommend 1200 I am having 1400 but then I have 4stone to loose.
Persevere though you will see the results ;)

This was supposed to be a thread about motivation and perseverence...and it became about eating Mr Kipling's French fanices LOL!!!

Well, I had a blow out last night. Went to the cinema and we got the gallery tickets for a change (haven't been to the cinema for about 10 months!) and included in the ticket price is unlimited popcorn, nachos, quality street and soft drinks! So, I had nachos (but was full after them) and then tried to eat some popcorn (had about quarter of a box) but we shared a bottle of wine as well. So, total blow out! Maybe it's what I needed! No point moaning too much. Bootcamp class tonight and a good food day is what I need. Well, maybe good food tomorrow because it's pancake day today!!!

I found some Mr Kipling pineapple sponge slices in my local shop yesterday, absolutely gorgeous and around 120 cals!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today x

Feeling much better thanks. Back on with it, good exercise class last night and so feeling more motivated again. It's a hard slog this weight loss thing isn't it?!

Back