Anyone switched from CD to SW?

lyndzi76

Gold Member
Has anyone switched from CD SS to SW?
What have your weight loss results been like. I've only 2 stone away from goal but struggling to stay on track with CD, considering starting SW?

I went from CD to WW before, and am doing that again this week :)

First week is a bit iffy, but after that its fine, 2-3lbs a week as long as you stick to your points.

Have tried SW but I did not get on with it so WW it is for me. Good luck and let us know what you decide and how you get on

:)

x

Thanks. My head is all over the place but will really think about it.
All other than the normal bonus of eating it will be alot cheaper.

Absolutely, It is a very big bonus of actually being able to eat again and you really appreciate it, so thats why you should not really put on weight. But yeah give it a good think and decide whether or not you want to do SW or WW

:)

I'm planning to switch to SW once I get within half a stone or a stone of my target weight. (once I've gone up the refeeding stages first!) So I'd be interested to see how you get on..

i switched from CD to SW abot 4-5 months ago , I had 2 stone left to loose and CD just was too much for me after doing it non stop for 6 months ! I gained the first week ( about 9lb ) but I did go out qite a lot and had some of my favorite things so not a surprise !!! I did loose quite well , but then put it on the next week and so on , I lost and gained the same 6 lb for about 4 months !!I found it a great plan and can maintain really well on it , but struggle to loose much ( think my metabolism is a little messed up after so long on TFR !)
One thing you mentioned about it being cheaper .. I think you will find you actually spend more money on food than you do on CD .... healthy food is not cheap and all the frit and veg you need to eat soon adds up !!
I came back to CD 3 weeks ago , as still have a few stone to loose , and did really well but back on SW for 6 weeks now due to me having my gallbladder out next week so have to eat to aid the healing process :( as soon as that 6 weeks is up I will be straight back on SW to loose the last bit and then SW to maintain !

It is such a tough choice to come off a TFR .. it took me ages to decide last time , but if its right for you then do it , with CD you have to be in the right frame of mind and it sounds like you are not there at the moment , SW really is an amazing plan , and you may do really well on it , Goodluck :)

I have been ssing for 12 weeks, had 1 or 2 ss plus weeks, then last week decided to stop, I dont have much more to lose and was getting obsessed about food all over again, worried about gaining over a slice of cheese lol. I was glad I decided to stop I feel like a weight has been lifted scuse pun, I have been weighing at home and over the week seems to be a 2lb loss, but will know more tomorrow at wi. I havent been doing ww or sw, I have been doing my own thing, which is.....
breakfast 1 shredded whaet with 2 dessertspoons of raisans

Lunch large chicken or egg salad with 2 ryvita cracker breads (low fat cheese spread)

Snacks apples/kiwi 2 servings a day

Tea 1 cd product

I hope this helps, good luck with what you decide

i have done both slimming world and weight watchers...
slimming world has more freedom, and if you stick to your syns, and not go over then you will lose weight (you may gain first because you have gone from not eating to eating) but if you watch your portions, dont eat if you are not hungry and also if you are full stop, then i cant see what either ww or sw wont work for you.
if you are finding cd restrictive and your not liking that, then ww prob isnt going to be the best for you... as you have to stick to points......

hope you are able to make a decision on what you want to do :)

I gave it a shot, yes - moving from CD to SW. My experience, sad to say, was rather like Determinator's. I lost a little but then stayed the same for week after week - until I got to the, "Ah, s*d it!" stage and fell superbly from the wagon.

I was pretty determined not to go back on Cambridge and tried pretty much everything not to. I'm still paying a subscription to WW online (must get around to cancelling that!), I tried low carbing, even a plan where you can only eat for a five hour window during the day.

The problem? All of these diets work, but they don't work very quickly and after being on Cambridge and seeing such rapid results, I lost heart so very easily.

Hence I'm back (after saying never again. :)) And already, not even 4 weeks in, I weigh less than I have all year. It came down to a really stark decision for me in the end - carry on messing about, one pound up, one pound down for weeks on end - or go back on Cambridge, with a lot more lessons learned - and just get on with the weightloss phase.

I've known for a while now that it almost doesn't matter how you lose the weight - it's the keeping it off that's going to be the real challenge. And so I'm back on Cambridge to lose the extra weight as soon as possible so that I can get started on the rest of my life.

I'm not saying don't try SW - I'd never say that. It's a good plan. A friend of mine lost 5 stones in a year on it (while I was messing about with my on/off Cambridge attempt last year). But just be aware that doing Cambridge messes with your head a bit as to what 'normal' dieting looks like. I've found that I just can't cope with losing one pound a week - I just end up giving up!

All the very best with whatever you decide!

Back