Anyone switched from CD to WW?

mrs r-b

is loving the sunshine!
Hi all

I'm new to this part of the forum, so first of all hello and thanks for reading my post!

I have been on CD for a while now and have lost 27 pounds in total, but I still want to loose another stone.
I've started moving up the plans and am currently on 1000 kcal per day but the thing is I don't feel like I need the cambridge meals that I'm supposed to have.
So I was thinking about switching to WW to loose the last stone, but really really don't want to put any weight back on. Has anyone made the switch from CD to WW successfully, and be willing to share some advise? Thanks again for listening xx :thankyou:

Isn't that one of the points of CD though? That you don't have any hunger pangs etc? The meals are supposed to be palatable only so you can get your nutrients in; no more than that.

Lots of people have successfully moved from CD to WW. Some have sts their first week but most actually still had some kind of loss :)

WWatchers is a great diet but my advice would be to stick to CD until you get to goal. I went up the steps until i went on holidays last year and was never ever hungry and in total control. Tried to be good on hols but the choice of food was too tempting and although i only put on a couple of pounds during the holiday I am still trying to lose the last stone nearly a year later. I know i would've got to goal if I'd stayed on CD. I'll also eventually get to goal on WW but it's proving a to be a little slower than previously planned:eek:. But i'll get there!

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Goreygirl - Yep your right. My point was that CD is very expensive, and if I don't feel like I need the CD drinks in addition to the meals on the 1000 kcal plan that I am on then it seems like a waste of money to me.
I'm enrolling at the gym tonight and joining WW tomorrow, after giving it a lot of thought over the weekend. I just don't see the point in paying for CD and moving up the plans when I can eat healthily (using WW principals) and cut out the shakes.
Thanks again.

I think the VLCD route is easier in that you are not hungry and food choices are pretty much taken care of - the danger is that you will have to re-introduce "real" food at some point anyway so you might as well do it now.

It will be slower as Jax said - but if you are prepared for that it will be ok.

Watch the carbs...don't eat processed or refined white carbs for a few weeks - stick with brown rice etc if you really need to have it. Its the white carbs for me that induce cravings of all sorts of dietary disaster foods :eek::eek:

good luck with getting off your last stone.
rosie xx

Back