Anyone tried a 'moving climbing wall'...?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by AmandaJayne, 13 August 2007 Social URL.

1. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I decided to rejoin my local Bannatynes (after a five year absence) to do spinning classes mainly and have discovered that they have a new piece of fitness equipment - a climbing wall!

It is like an upright conveyor-belt with grips for hands and feet, which moves slowly down as you climb. It can also tilt forwards or backwards, depending whether you are a beginner or experienced.

It is fabulous and definitely my favourite piece of equipment. So much more interesting than the repetition of walking/cycling/stepping etc, and it really raises the heart rate.

The other extra is in the changing rooms - straightners! How did we manage without them.

I discovered the joys of climbing walls when on a Royal Caribbean cruise this summer. The newly slim me had to have a go on the ship's climbing wall - I loved it. It's quite amazing what losing seven stone can do to your lifestyle.
    Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Wow that sounds fun but I cant even climb a still wall never mind a moving one.:D
    Mini likes this.
  4. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi AJ, never tried one myself, but it does sound like fun!

You'll be a mean lean climbing machine soon - bet it's good for your arm muscles!
    Mini likes this.
  5. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

slim and save
    It sound's good, but it takes my breath climbing the stair's. lol.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.