Anyone want a slimming buddy?

hi everyone..

well done girls u have been doing so well and am so jealous go u kerry half a stone already thats fab :)

yea hannah I agree with kerry just wait until u are closer to target, although in saying that yesterday me and bf cleared out are clothes and we filled 4 black bags full of clothes that look awful and make me look fatter lol or just didnt fit anymore so that felt good cause the state of the house has been doing my head in over the last few days and we were going to have a clear out anyway before this week to make more room, but now we are doing it because I cracked up lol think my hormones are still going crazy... anyway am over the rant now think I just went typy happy there lol

hi welsh chick, I would really recommend keeping a food dairy its the only way to really control how many syns ur eating and really see exactly how much you will eat a day because sometimes i eat things forgetting that i have already had like 2 biscuits, also this thread is really good I find it so motivating cause even tho I have never met kerry and hannah I love to see there weight losses and feel like I am letting them down if i dont have a good weight loss to lol

since am off work for a little while am going to make some slimming world soups and make some super speed recipes (dunno what yet) to try and boost my weight loss and make me feel better and give me
the head start I need

I feel for you kerry trying to pack everything up its so hard to decide what you really need, how did the other viewing go? any luck ?

have a good relaxing sunday everyone and cant wait to read the other posts x

am giving myself a break this week not going to weigh, thought I would have went on tues but the way am feeling at the min deffo not... but I am now motivated than ever and want to meet my target deffo by the summer for my friends wedding... I just want to feel different and better about myself so am going to go for it

get your butt down to weigh in.. you still have to pay for missed weeks so you might as well.. better to know and be able to put a stop to it if something went wrong, or continue what you were doing if it worked well, than to not know and do the opposite..

need a buddy/team: 4 stone to lose new member

Hi all,
like another member just posted I would love a buddy/team in the same or similar position as myself for mutual support and guidance ...
I am 42 years old, have been overweight since I was 13, have tried every diet under the sun and have been on the yo-yo of 1-2 stone off several times ...this time last year I was at my heaviest and took the drastic action of trying lipotrim (which is where I found mini mins and got great support...lost 20 lbs and have put it back on :mad::sigh:....now starting again this time with slimming world...I have been to weight watchers all my life but really like slimming worlds approach...only joined last wednesday...really determined and believe I can do it this time ...:D
so anyone else in same position and want a buddy ?;) ;)

hiya i joined two weeks ago and have about 4 or 5 stone to loose.
so your more than welcome to be my buddy?

I am 30 in march have a 1 year old and am married.
xxx

Well done Kerry its awesome you've lost more than your target! :D

Yeah I will wait and just cope with the mess lol! Well done on filling 4 bags thats pretty good!

Welsh chick I agree a food diary is great for tracking syns! Also when you have a great loss you can see what you've eaten and do it again!

This thread is awesome! Kerry and Sue are real supports for me!! Couldn't do this without them :D

Ill try to fish out some super speed recipes for you Sue!

I'm going to attempt to make a new recipe every week! This week probs on thursday it will be Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Paprika Potato Slices. Yum yum!!

Ive already been shopping, got an afternoon of films and top gear! Cant wait! Hope everyones as relaxed as me!! :D

I think its a good idea not to go this week, just focus and motivate you for next week!! Summer is a great target and I'm aiming for 5th June just in time for target!!

When is the wedding?!

I agree Sue, you are not in the frame of mind to deal with it at the moment so missing a week wont hurt.

Hi Welsh chick. I third the other 2 lol. This thread is my biggest support and motivation. I dont go to class so Hannah and Sue give me what I miss out on there. Yes we are all very supportive and understanding but when a kick up the ass is needed we WILL give it so be warned:D.

I agree that a food diary is the best way to go. I have done so much better since I started writing everything down. I also make a menu plan for the week 7 breakfasts 7 lunches 7 dinners then I shop for the week and just choose something from the weeks menu each day depending on how I feel. Again im doing so much better since I started doing this.

Saw a great flat today and got another 3 lined up for this week. Unfortunately I still havent packed anything:sigh:. We are going to have to get a move on but it feels like tempting fate if we start packing before the sale is formally agreed, buyer still needs to sign missives.

Im off for some ryvita and cream cheese. Yum.

Buddy or team wanted please :)

Hi All...

I am looking for a buddy or team as a bit of inspiration... i currently am coming up to 35 weeks pregnant but have been following plan at home for about 8 weeks and joined group 2 weeks ago... i have approx 4 stone i want to loose... minus whatever is pregnancy related (my little man) Hehe...

I am such a SW fan it's unreal but feel like i'm boring those around me talking about it so much so would really like to meet people with a similar weightloss goal to myself to share the journey and give us a good kick up the bum when needed... Look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you!!

Amy xxx

Im about to make a cottage pie!!! But I need to refresh myself of how to make it lol i used to make it all the time and now Im thinking errrr cant remember lol!!

Got to make my soup for tomorrow too! Going to have a cooking evening on my hands as got to make steak for bf too lol

I've just convinced my friend to do the race for life with me this year. Not sure whether to do the 5k or 10k one... i signed up for the 5k one last year and did it in 33mins, then with no further training 2 weeks later i did a 10k one.

I did the races last year with a different friend to this year, and we cant start training until 10 weeks before the race...I think she is pretty unfit so I will be doing a tough training regime for us, but dont know whether to go straight for the 10k one, or stick to 5k??? Maybe ill see if there's a 10k one later than July!

Hi Amy,

I'll join you. At the moment I have 4 st 5 lbs to lose (but hoping that will be less after weigh in tomorrow). It may also be that I set a lower target once I get there (target currently 10st 7).

At the mo I'm averaging 1lb a week. I'd like it to be more but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Hopefully will lose more some weeks to get me to goal by this Christmas.

x

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for replying... Well here's to keeping each other motivated... i'd quite like to be at target by my next birthday which is in September... Quite a reasonable one... Just looking forward to having my body to myself and finally seeing what i weigh after near enough two consecutive pregnancies!!

What plans do you mainly follow? & what are your current exercise regime if any??

xxxx

Wanted 5ft7' slimming buddy who wants to be 9 1/2 stone ish!!!

Just thought it would be great to find someone who is a similar height and shape to myself to have as a slimming buddy!!!

Last edited:
Hi Jess,

I am about 5ft 7in and used to be around 9 and a half stone, but that was before i had kids and middle age set in and no exercise etc etc...

I have been lurking on this site for a while now, and i do follow some of the recipes from the books that i purchased, needless to say i have not lost any weight as i am not really following the diet - yet!

I would like to shed a few pounds, but lack any sort of interest or motivation to do so, as really i am quite happy, albeit a little plump!

Anyway, would like to hear more from you on how much weight you want to loose, and if you are of a similar situation or age to me.

Chips.

HI

Im doing sw and have lost nearly 6lbs in 3 weeks (so slow!!!) Starting weight was 10st 12lbs and would love to be 9 st something!!!!! I have 2 boys aged 4 and 6yrs. I am 32yrs and am always obsessing about my weight!!

Like doing slimming world as it is just a healthy way of eating. I find its good way of motivating yourself if you have someone to do it along side. I joined sw online as going to the groups just isn't really me!

Back