Anyone want a slimming buddy?

Hi Jess,

Classes aren't for me either! Might try them one day.

My boys are 4 and 8, so similar ages, and although i am older (by 10 yrs) than you i am around 11 stone.

Nearly half a stone, you have done really well! Keep going and you will be at your dream weight in no time.

I start the day off well, then just go off track with chocolate and things, then i think, oh well lets try again tomorrow.

Must be more positive, plan my meals, but it's hard not to snack when the kids have so yummy treats!

Chips.

Arh 2 boys too thats good!! It is really difficult and normally i start off good but then get starving and stuff myself!!! But since starting i have been quite focused and as yet havent gone off line!! If i fancy something i use my syns for chocolate / snacks etc rather than in my meals. I try also to keep them for the evening when the boys are in bed!!!

We go away in June so i think that is keeping me focused. We are going with another family (thin family!!!) so i dont want to be the fatty on the beach!!!

Why not give it a go? I joined online so a bit costly but great for planning your meals etc

Hi Jess,

Pretty much the same as me then, try not to use my points on meals, then i can have things later.

Not going abroad on holiday but will be in the uk this year, and even on the beach if the weather is nice - for a change!

I'm going to plan out my meals for tommorrow and see how i get on, could go pear shaped as have my mum over tomorrow, so will see how it goes. One day at a time i think.

I do have some recipe books and the last three magazines, so at least i have something to work with.

My oldest boy loves my home made chips, and i also do for him in a ramakin dish a slice of ham, crack an egg in, then sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven, he loves this dinner.

Chips.

That sounds yum!! Let me know if you want any recipes off the website or syn values, always happy to help - gives me something to do other than think about eating!!!!!

slimming world buddy needed

Hi all
I'm new to minimins but not new to slimming world this is about my fourth attempt at weightloss each time ive lost weight got complacent stopped going to class after a stone or two weightloss and then put it all back on and some

i was wondering if there was anyone out there that needed a bit of support like me so we can do this journey together?

im 36, 5ft 4ins and currently weigh in at 10st 7lb since last april ive lost 12lb BUT thats with 3 attempts at slimming world:p
and im determined to get to target stay to classes and stay at target!!

Thanks for that Jess.

Hope you are having a good day today.

So far i have done well, but didn't have any breakfast (naughty me!), for lunch i had jacket spud, mixed with egg and cheese (no mayo), so quite good so far, then a snack-ish size drifter (no idea on syns but guessing not too bad as not full size). For dinner tonight will be chicken risotto, so will have one chicken breast and have loads of rice. Still have some allowances to have of milk from A and something else from B.

See how i get on later.

How has your day been Jess?

Chips.

Hi

Been ok i supose! Had strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and half a banana topped with activia yoghurt for breakfast. Alpen light bar (1/2hexb) at 10.30. Lunch was baked potato and beans with salad and another yoghurt and apple. Another alpen light bar at 4pm (1/2hexb).Tea was lasagne and more salad made with fat free fromage frais and cheese (hexa) It was ok but not half as nice as one full of lovely cheese sauce!!! Will have some chocolate later. Found it a bit hard today kept wanting to pick at things!!! Been off work with my poorly son today so i think i was a bit bored!!!

Gosh havent had rissotto for ages - may be on the menu tomorrow!!

hi there
i have been at sw on and off now for about 5 years. 3 years ago i got to half a lb off my target and then went on holiday and put a stone and a half on - no joke! 3 year aniversary of that .5 from target is 18th March so it would be nice to be back in that direction.
weighed in at 12 4 last wk but am thinking plus 3 this week :-( just feel heavy and haven't eaten well at all :-(

Hi Jess,

Took me a while to locate this thread as it has been moved, so might not find it again tomorrow!

Hope your poorly boy is feeling a little better now.

Sounds like your food intake was good today, just the fact that you were at home and not occupied with work stuff, that is sure to make you want to eat more. You have done really well still.

Just keep reminding yourself of that beach holiday.......

Just putting my big boy to bed now, so gonna have my chocolate fix of freddo frog and maybe a hot chocolate too - can't wait! So you go enjoy your chocolate too.

Risotto was lovely, just boiled the rice as normal with stock cubes, added some mushrooms, leeks, red onion and some herbs to a frying pan, threw in some chicken and hey presto - one meal.

Chips.

Anyone want to be my SW diet buddie?

Morning all.

Am starting SW for the very first time tonight and after looking at the plans think the EE would suit me - will try it out just to get my head around it lol and see how I go.

Would love to have a diet buddie who could join me on my journey. We could exchange menu ideas, motivate each other etc...........any offers?

I am 42 married with a little girl who is nearly 4 and I think I weigh about 13st 8lbs and would ideally love to get down to 9st again!!!!!! And with help I will be able to do it......so here goes lol

Hi you'll find minimins a great help for recipes, tips etc.. I joined sw 2 weeks ago, lost 4 in my first week, should be weighing in tonight but I'm missing it as I'm away with work for the week!!

I started at 13st 5lb and want to go as low as possible, normally settle at around 10stone and don't think ive been 9 stone since I was young but I'm really liking sw and feeling very positive and motivated which I never have before!

I've probably put weight on this week with having to eat out all week and not able to cook but it's a one off that I can't help!!

Any questions you've got just ask! I might not be able to help loads as I'm pretty new too but I'll try!! x x

Thanks Kelly I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions lol have googled and searched on the net a bit about the slimming plan and cant get my head around how much you can eat and still lose weight so as the saying goes the proof is in the pudding lol xx

I know it's great but I've found you have to be organised! Planning evening meals in the morning or day before and that sort of thing. I also need to try and make some things to eat in the evening after my tea if I'm peckish as I was finding it hard to use my syns when I was at home last week and have seen lots of recipes for low syn cake and things to nibble, i'm looking forward to cooking meals from scratch when I'm back home at the weekend!
Is your husband joining in too and eating the same as you? A lot of people have been saying that their children eat the same as them too which is great as it's a good balanced diet for them too!
I have got an email which someone sent to me before I joined sw which helped me read up a bit before I went to the class so I didn't get too confused by it all when I was there! If you want me to forward it to you let me know your email address and I'll try do it now. x x

Hello i'd love a diet buddy! anybody near heathrow airport? onlines just as good though. :) Im 18, and have around 11 stone to lose.

x Alex x said:
hi there
i have been at sw on and off now for about 5 years. 3 years ago i got to half a lb off my target and then went on holiday and put a stone and a half on - no joke! 3 year aniversary of that .5 from target is 18th March so it would be nice to be back in that direction.
weighed in at 12 4 last wk but am thinking plus 3 this week :-( just feel heavy and haven't eaten well at all :-(

What day do you weigh? I'm sure you'll have lost we always panic about weigh in, I know me personally I get butterflies when wi is due

suki-meg said:
Morning all.

Am starting SW for the very first time tonight and after looking at the plans think the EE would suit me - will try it out just to get my head around it lol and see how I go.

Would love to have a diet buddie who could join me on my journey. We could exchange menu ideas, motivate each other etc...........any offers?

I am 42 married with a little girl who is nearly 4 and I think I weigh about 13st 8lbs and would ideally love to get down to 9st again!!!!!! And with help I will be able to do it......so here goes lol

Hi good luck with your journey. I'm on wk3 lost 3lb first wk but only 1/2 this wk. My weigh day is Monday. Am 43 with 3 kids 20,15 & 10. Would be good to have a buddy :)

Welcome polly, I'm also on my third week (this time) I lost 2.5lb first week second week 1lb
I'm 36 married and have 4 kids, 3 teenage daughters 16,14,13 and a 9yr old boy.
Good luck on your journey and well done on your weight loss so far

What day do you weigh? I'm sure you'll have lost we always panic about weigh in, I know me personally I get butterflies when wi is due

get weighed on a thursday plus 2 for me this week :-(

Hi yeah it this time for me too lost about 1 1/2 st last time but had hysterectomy last summer and have put on about 10lbs so time to shift it before it gets out of hand. Will keep track of our joint losses :)

x Alex x said:
get weighed on a thursday plus 2 for me this week :-(

Do you know why you put on Alex? Draw a line and get back to it you'll get that loss next week Hun

Back