anyone want to join me in giving up chocolate?

dizzydawnie said:
I decided to give up Chocolate for Lent because I couldn't stop eating it!! :rolleyes:

By the time Lent was over I'd forgotten I had "given" it up and had really gone off the idea, and other than 2 roses and 4 mikados since Lent, I haven't had any chocolate, and had no urges for it either.

Its bizarre but I really don't want it at all!! :p

D xx

I'm EXACTLY the same!! Apart from 3 WW toffee bars over the period since lent ended (and the odd malteaser) I haven't wanted chocolate. The sw mousse/ yoghurts satisfy me now :) (smug) lol

I don't really like chocolate but god do I love sweets!!! Jelly ones like fruit pastilles and tangfastics!!!! I gave up eating them on Monday and so far I've stuck to it but I REALLY WANT SOME RIGHT NOW! If I could do it in moderation I would. But I can't. One or two turns into the whole bag. I admire your decision to give up chocolate but don't worry about falling off the wagon, we are all only human after all!! :) x

i havent had any chocolate or cripss ( my big downfall ) since the day i started SW which will be 3 weeks tomorrow and i can honestly say im not bothered about it, ive not wanted or craved it:eek::eek:

I started SW just over a year ago and decided to go cold turkey on :-
  • chocolate -apart from fibre plus bars ;)
  • crisps
  • cakes
  • sweets
  • pastry
  • bread
(I know it sounds bonkers) But I knew that I couldn't control myself with them, I planned to re-introduce them gradually -BUT as of yet I haven't touched them as I realised I wasn't bothered by them any more and a while ago I gave up the fibre plus bars too as they were tasting sweeter and sweeter. I really haven't missed any of them and can't remember what most of them taste like anymore :giggle: and I actually have to dodge the choccy aisle in the supermarket as the smell makes me feel icky....
I hope you succeed in cutting it out if its what you want to do :cross:

I started SW just over a year ago and decided to go cold turkey on :-
  • chocolate -apart from fibre plus bars ;)
  • crisps
  • cakes
  • sweets
  • pastry
  • bread
(I know it sounds bonkers) But I knew that I couldn't control myself with them, I planned to re-introduce them gradually -BUT as of yet I haven't touched them as I realised I wasn't bothered by them any more and a while ago I gave up the fibre plus bars too as they were tasting sweeter and sweeter. I really haven't missed any of them and can't remember what most of them taste like anymore :giggle: and I actually have to dodge the choccy aisle in the supermarket as the smell makes me feel icky....

I hope you succeed in cutting it out if its what you want to do :cross:
OMG if only i had your self control. . .i think i need to do this as i cant just ave a small amount of chocolate . . .but the thought of not avin it again !! i think id rather sell my kids hahahahaha . . . only joking :rolleyes: ;) but it is sumthin i might think about maybe short term (givin up choc not sellin the kids) i might try from today n see how it goes . . .fingers crossed n ill let u no xx

12 days with no sweets and counting. Aside from 2 aniseed imperials but my big downfall is jelly sweets. Tangfastics, fruit pastilles, jelly beans....mmmmmm :)

well i managed 9 days and then today had a really bad shitty day at work and it all went out the window . . . .ive eaten soooo much choc i now actually feel a bit sick . . . . start again tomoz i think

Hi I'm the same addicted to chocolate...once i start i can't stop.

I've started drinking green tea before breakfast, lunch and dinner and I swear I don't crave sweet stuff at all now.

Frozen grapes are really good too!

And if you get the chocolate urge drink a cup of green tea wait 15 mins and you won't be interested!

I also find it curbs my appetite in general.

lost about 7lbs in the last two weeks adding this on top on slimming world diet.

Try green tea with jasmine, green tea with lemon etc... coz green tea on it's own isn't very nice XXX

Back