anyone...

luck11

has falled pregnant while on the diet?

I am trying to get pregnant but as i am overweight it is a bit dificult.

Do you know anyone?

thanks

Lots of threads mention people falling pregnant whilst doing SS. Several have been on the pill at the time.

There are in fact so many stories - I'm a bit worried about it! (Im getting married next year and babies aren't my plan right now!)

Apparently the fix of nutrients in the shakes increase our fertility.

Sorry I can't give you any example but keep reading the posts on this site and you're bound to find a pregnancy story!

Good luck with everything.

Well from my own experience I was on the pill and after 10 weeks of Cambridge I became pregnant my cc said I was the 8th client in 3 months tht it had happened to. I'd lost 3 stone and the weight was all back on within 6 weeks and I was eatin really healthily so be careful! Lol I hav the implant this time but surely it couldn't happen again!? Lol only time will tell!! X

I fell pregnant on Lipotrim (simalar VLCD diet) i only done it for 4 weeks and was also on the pill...i have the bum injection now just incase as i am getting married next year! (had to put wedding back when i fell pregant...but very worth it!!).

I completely agree that it makes u super fertile!!!

Hi There,

There is no evidence to show that the diet increases fetrility due to the vitamin and mineral levels..

If you are on 3 shakes a day you are having your daily allowance of vitamins and minerals (100%) with only phosphorous, b12 and calcium being a bit higher than 100% for 3 serving.

The only way of increasing your fertility is by losing weight (for some people). The plan (in some people) can stop periods and make them irregular as you lose weight quickly its your metabolism not keeping up with itself. No periods means no ovulation. Irregular/longer cycles means not ovulation as often. This settles when at target and cycles return to normal..

The contraceptive pill stops ovulation and as of yet there is no evidence that the plan would stop the pill working. All I can say is that the pill is not quite 100% effective and becomes ineffective for many reasons. User relability, diarrohea, vomiting etc.

It is not advisable to be actively trying for a baby while on a VCLD, Hence why pregnant people are not allowed to do the diet. Most people will have no problems if they become pregnant but would you want to risk it. In the first 12 weeks of pregancy the baby is most sensitive and any trauma/stress to the fetus in this period could lead to irreversible deformity. I am not saying The Cambridge Diet does this but its not worth the risk and it must be forbidden in pregnancy for a reason.

I would highly recommend anyone rying for a baby to ring Cambridge head office for advice, my suggestion would be to follow the 1200 plan or another diet but not a VCLD.

Hope this makes sence.

Becky. x

PS, I have been a consultant since sept, my only lady that got pregnany I later found out was actively trying for a baby. x

Back