Anything to thicken

Hi guys,
Is there anything i can add to the soups or shakes to thicken the? Ive read on the board that people use phylum husks or fibre powder. I have a fibre pack from the Tony Furgeson diet can I use that or do LL sell their own? Also I read on another board that some people add whey isolate zero carbs and calories to their shakes. I didn't know that was allowed. Im not looking to cheat at all in just want to know what the rules are. Been going through the green book but i can't find anything about it. Lastly is there anything I can do to the tomato pack to stop it tasting like sandy water :confused:?

Heya

Welcome to the boards and LL, it really will change your life. Re the fibre you can get some from LL, which I would use as opposed other things as at least you know that is allowed. My soups always mixed perfectly well, but I usually blend them all with a bit of cold water to a paste first then whisk in the hot water. Shakes I usually do cold in a blender with about 400ml of water and ice. You can also get a mousse mix from LL to make the shakes into a sort of moussy thing.

Re the tomato soup... blend it with a little cold water first, and use a teaspoon of the LL boullion or the marigold boullion and I usually added salt and pepper to taste, and tabasco!! I was totally hooked on tabasco by the end of LL. Some people dont like tomato soup, but I have always adored it.

Good Luck and looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you

J
xx

Adding cold water first worked a dream, it tasted so much better. Thank you!!!!
First weigh in tomorrow. This week has been soo hard but I have been 100% good!!
Woohoo

Back