appetite on/off switch

maggiewill

Not good news, this week gained 1lb, can't say I am surprised, my brother and sisters came for Easter sunday and I ate, then out to friends for lunch on Monday with some superb wines and food, I will put up with these blips because I want to fit my loss of weight around my social life, it will take longer and I accept that.
I will start again, drink more water and watch more closely my portion size, it was very interesting this week, someone on here was talking about watching the calories, not counting them but watching, I think that may help me, instead of thinking 'I can eat as much as I like of this' I must think 'have I had enough?'
I don't think I have ever had an appetite on/off switch, but I will try to develop one.
Hope you are all well.
Maggie

Ah Maggie :( did you have many carbs with the meals or was it portion size you think?

Some carbs, but mostly drink, champagne first then a delicious reisling with the soup, rioja with the rack of lamb, barolo with the cheese and sauterne with desert, believe me it takes a much stronger person than I to say 'no thanks' to that.

mmm. i cant say no to food, but when delicious wine is served i cant either :( mayve you have water retention from drinking? I usually do on a monday!

Don't beat yourself up but do try to resist slipping on a regular basis. You need to give your body a fair chance to get into steady ketosis so that you can benefit from the appetite suppressant effect it gives.

My best friend finally started Atkins recently. Last night however she cracked and ate an Easter egg - but not the chox in the middle. I told her, don't panic, just get straight back into Induction as if nothing had happened. Guilt and fear just derail us. This is a new way of eating for LIFE, not for a week or a month or a limited period.

Don't let guilt eat at you! If you do eat off-plan, just get straight back into it, afterwards. When you are properly in ketosis your appetite will lessen dramatically.

yes it does, though you wouldn't have believed that watching me eat on Induction. :)

Back