appetite supresants

Shearer's wife

I'm really struggling with this diet and need to get a full week under my belt. I'm starting again tomorrow and was thinking of using appetite supressants that I used on ww. They contain stearic acid - is that allowed? Argh! X

What pills are we talking about? I'm guessing they don't only contain stearic acid?

My very tentative, non-medical non-CWPC response would probably be that it might be okay to take them, until you're in ketosis - but it rather depends on what they are.

What's getting in the way of you sticking to SS? Are you in a household where other people are eating so there's lots of temptation around? What times of day do you feel weakest? Is there anything else you can do to avoid temptation?

The first few days on SSing are always hard but just hang on in there and get through them. I dont think tablets etc are recommended on VLCDs, youre better just waiting til ketosis kicks in

LOL, that's kind of what I wanted to say. :)

My guess is that the appetite suppressants probably don't really work anyway - any effect is almost certainly more of a placebo effect than anything real. If you were to decide that sucking ice cubes acted as an appetite suppressant, it would probably work just as well. It might even be worth a go. :D

When push comes to shove, the choice to do Cambridge is yours, remember. You've decided you want to do Cambridge, but it seems that you haven't quite decided that you want to do it 100%. So why not? What's getting in the way?

I'm so embarrassed about this. I can do really well all day shake for lunch at 12 another at 4 and when I have my evening shake at 7 I then want to eat. I'm a teacher so I have loads of planning and marking to do at home, but had a massive clearout today ready to start tomorrow. We've got ofsted in this week too!! I really want to do this as I know the results are quick I just can't seem to focus and I don't know why. Having my jaw stapled might help lol xxxx

why not do a ss+ thing this week so that you're not struggling when you get home. it won't affect your losses, won't stop you going into ketosis and might just help. you need your concentration from ofsted. :)

so 3 shakes as you are and a small meal. i used to space them from break time, lunch, evening meal then last shake before bed.

Ah... yep. Ofsted. :hug99: That makes sense.

I think great things is spot on with her advice - do SS+ for a while. God knows I remember that crushing tiredness in the evenings after a day in the classroom (and great things used to be a teacher too :)).

It'll make next to no difference to your losses and also give you something to look forward to. If you're scared that eating that small meal will just lead to you eating more, leave it as late as possible then go and brush your teeth! (it's amazing how that works).

Hope the next week isn't too awful, hun. :grouphugg:

Aw thanks ladies you're amazing will keep you all posted. I'm going to try ss tomorrow as I have a feeling I'll be late at school and have final shake when I get in. Like a moth to the flame eh? Still I have cottage cheese in so can ss + it if it gets too much. Let the teeth brushing extravaganza commence lol! At least when the weight comes off i'll be ready for my close up. Nite lovely ladies and thanks for your help! Lets all keep smiling xx

Back