Apple and Cinnamon Porridge

Trim T

Now let me start by saying, I don't like porridge.

I tried this today, and to be honest i like the flavour.... but i'm not sure about the texture.

It is one of those things that i just can't decide if i actually enjoy.

Anybody else feel like that about any of the LL products??

i tried the carbonara on monday and thought it was strangely nice! maybe because its different. as for the lighter life products in general I tend to see them as a means to an end and just take them down, but saying that i don't really mind any of them! xx

I love porridge and because I was on atkins for so long the porridge on LL is a god send! It is possible that I have just forgotten what the real stuff is like though.

I haven't tried the bars but I am not a huge fan of the chilli or the asparagus soup. I mostly have the shepherds pie, apple cin porridge and vanilla shakes :)

the shepherds pie is my absolute favourite LL product!!! i could live on those and only those forever lol... ok i'm probably exagerating slightly, but shepherds pie is YUMMY

When i did ll last time i lived on the chilli sometimes with a whole bottle of tabasco in! strangely enough 12 weeks of it last time i haven't had any yet in my 9-10weeks this time!! xx

lol, i imagine constipation wasn't an issue ;-) x

snap, curry is my trigger food. I love the stuff x

I feel the same about the apple and cinnamon porridge - I'm thinking of experimenting with it but because I have it for brekkie it hasn't happened yet as I can't be bothered experimenting first thing in the morning!

I might try it again in a few days or so, i think it's just a texture thing, which i'm sure i can overcome x

I found the texture of apple and cinnamon weird too. it is kind of grainy. I found that deliberately making it lumpy really helped. I mix it up with a fork or spoon rather than a whisk. This gives you chewy bits which I find nicer.

However the flavour is a bit too sweet for me. OK on occasions but not every day.

Just tried the minestrone soup and liked the tomatoey flavour and also bits to chew
I'm just hoping that my body can tolerate it as I am gluten intolerant but I was just so fed up with asparagus soup only.
I didn't have a problem with any of the food packs last time I did it but think I might be more sensitive now.
We'll see
I promise not to go into details if it doesn't suit me.
Other weird thing I've got into is hot banana shake. Its really sweet and I don't normally like anything that sweet but just finding it good.
Going to give myself a couple of days to see how I go and then plan to try the apple & cinnamon porridge.
Oh for more gluten free packs.

Rosieposie, what shakes/meals etc do you find are easiest on your stomach? x x

rosieposie said:
Just tried the minestrone soup and liked the tomatoey flavour and also bits to chew
I'm just hoping that my body can tolerate it as I am gluten intolerant but I was just so fed up with asparagus soup only.
I didn't have a problem with any of the food packs last time I did it but think I might be more sensitive now.
We'll see
I promise not to go into details if it doesn't suit me.
Other weird thing I've got into is hot banana shake. Its really sweet and I don't normally like anything that sweet but just finding it good.
Going to give myself a couple of days to see how I go and then plan to try the apple & cinnamon porridge.
Oh for more gluten free packs.

I don't line the minestrone either Bleurgh lol. I like asparagus, vegetable, curry, banana, vanilla, strawberry, chicken and mushroom. So lots of options to give me variety x

Hi Likeafirework
I find all the shakes are fine but have only successfully had asparagus and chile con carne (don't really like this) so far as they are gluten free.
I did try the vegetable soup in my first week but that was a problem.
I can't tolerate the sunrise orange drink as that gives me dreadful flatulence, really not pleasant for me or my DH.
I've only tried the nut fudge bar (just love it) so far, as that is Gluten free and I can just about cope with that though I think the nuts are a bit of a problem for me. Lemon and toffee bar are also Gf but haven't tried those yet.
Makes it a bit limited but coping so far and I have heard of some people having just one type of pack all the way through.

Thanks Rosieposie :) i ordered one of each in my first week to see how my stomach reacted to each and find myself sticking to about 3-4 packs but i have been reading the different vlcd forums and a lot of people have been sticking to limited variety and have been fine so fingers crossed :) thanks again x x

tried the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning, thought I'd risk it.
Mistake on 2 counts I think, absolutely thought the taste was disgusting and it didn't agree with me. Constipation not a problem since having it!!!

Also not sure if it was because of this or something else but I've broken abstinence at lunch time. :sigh::sigh::sigh:
Oh rats, don't really know why but I did.
I did at least stick to low carb stuff so hoping that I won't come out of ketosis.
Now of course I'm really battling eating something else. I just want to eat.
Have avoided it so far, hope I can get through the evening.
I had a pack for dinner so thats good.
I'm wondering if part of the problem is that the last 2 days I had a nut fudge bar and thats what I was thinking about this afternoon and I haven't got anymore so couldn't have one.
I don't know. Just hoping I can get back on track.
Anyone else had problems after the bars?

I'm on cd & there was a whole thread a few days ago from people who couldn't eat the bars due to them eating food afterwards so you're definitely not alone.

well thats interesting and in a strange way comforting.
Really hope i can manage them as they are so convenient if away from home.
I've only lost 1/2 lb so far since Wednesday do you think this could be linked to having a bar for 3 days?
Back on track today, though might be out of ketosis, stick only just changed colour to very pale pink.
Think porridge might have upset my system as felt so nauseous after banana shake this morning and haven't before.
But might have been getting really stressed over something I had to do this morning (injecting one of our alpacas) that upset my stomach.
Hope I can get back to tolerating banana as I am somewhat limited for things for breakfast.
Still feeling nauseous with taste of banana in my system, yuk.
Now of course I'm thinking i could do with something to eat to take taste away. But I'm not going to, do need to stay with this.

Back