Appropriate candidate for lipotrim?

posteronwall

Hi all, I'll spare you the boring details of how I got fat, suffice it to say I eat too much and don't exercise enough and have done so for 10 years.

I'm 18, male and 26 stone.

I read about lipotrim in the paper, it was in an article which told of how a man lost 10 stone in 6 months doing it. I've decided to come here and ask people who are really doing it what it's really like, and whether I would be suitable.

As I understand it you just do a medical check-up at your GP's and then, provided you are medically suitable (I can't see any reason why I would not be but, who knows), you just pick up the lipotrim packets every week at the pharmacy and have to do some sort of weigh in. It all sounds too good to be true, so please share with me what life on it is like, how long it's appropriate to be on it, what you can and can't do.

BTW, I'm intending to lose about 8 stone, I think I'd be quite happy at 18 stone (quite tall), any idea how long, roughly, this ought to take if I strictly adhered to the lipotrim diet?

Another thing is, I am coming up to my first year exams at University in a couple of months and so if there is any side effects of lipotrim such as poor concentration or just feeling under the weather I would need to delay starting it until those are out of the way.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hey Welcome to the forum :) I think medically you should be fine to start this diet. All I did was fill a medical questionnaire at the chemist and watched the lipotrim DVD.

Now I'm not going to lie this diet is tough especially the 1st week. Not only do you have to cope with withdrawal from something that others take for granted but food is a fundamental part of life. In my case I ate alot when I felt bored or emotional, so on this diet you have to find ways to deal with things if and when they happen.

However I LOVE this diet, don't get me wrong I have moments where food smells good but I'm feeling better than I have in years, health problems are either gone or not as bad and the fat is going!! So far I've lost nearly 3 stone in 8 weeks :D ive been 100% and I've had no major problems except I get tired earlier bu I can live with that. ;)

I know a guy who lost 4 stone in 7 weeks on this diet so I think you will be happy with the losses as you stick to it properly. I'm not sure on the whole concentration due to exam thing (I'm 24 so over the study thing lol) but I'm sure there are others on here at uni etc who will be able to let you know.

Good luck hun if you do start, it'll be the best decision you make :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Welcome to the forum :) I think medically you should be fine to start this diet. All I did was fill a medical questionnaire at the chemist and watched the lipotrim DVD.

Now I'm not going to lie this diet is tough especially the 1st week. Not only do you have to cope with withdrawal from something that others take for granted but food is a fundamental part of life. In my case I ate alot when I felt bored or emotional, so on this diet you have to find ways to deal with things if and when they happen.

However I LOVE this diet, don't get me wrong I have moments where food smells good but I'm feeling better than I have in years, health problems are either gone or not as bad and the fat is going!! So far I've lost nearly 3 stone in 8 weeks :D ive been 100% and I've had no major problems except I get tired earlier bu I can live with that. ;)

I know a guy who lost 4 stone in 7 weeks on this diet so I think you will be happy with the losses as you stick to it properly. I'm not sure on the whole concentration due to exam thing (I'm 24 so over the study thing lol) but I'm sure there are others on here at uni etc who will be able to let you know.

Good luck hun if you do start, it'll be the best decision you make :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cheers.

Hi i think the above advice bex gave you is good, all i can say is i started the diet today and have been told it is tough,but i know weighing nearly 20stone and being small in stature it is worth it. If i was to give you any advice it would be to try it give it a couple of weeks and from what i have heard it will be more than worth it. When you see the results. Sometimes ppl eat because of comfort eating but i am much the same as you i love all food and yes its only my first day but when i think of food, i think of having to ask for seatbelt extension on airplanes how embarassing it is or how i can't sit in certain chairs cause of the arms being too tight......Another thing people dont often say is how they become more invisible the fatter they get or how they get laughed at when they walk past certain people, its as if obese people dont have feelings so yes a relationship with food is good. All i can say is i think you should go for it the fact you have come on here to ask for advice is a Good first step... Goodluck

Hi ,
I'm in day 6 and I've surprised myself with my will power.it has been extremely tough at times as I eat when I'm bored and have a bad relationship with food . Totally abstaining from food does make you think about why you over eat in the first place. As long as you are in the right place mentally and ready to start this then that's the main thing as its mind over matter you will be absolutely fine and coming on here people will always inspire and help you x

My friend lost 12 st in 8 months, so it's pretty quick. It depends on the person I suppose. Men lose more than women I've been told. It's a great diet, it IS difficult but it's all mind over matter. If you have a good head on your shoulders you'll breeze through. I've personally found that I'm much stronger than I thought I was before and you might be the same.

I never had to go to the GP or watch a DVD. Just walked into the pharmacy, got weighed, bought my shakes and boom, I was on my way to a sexy booty.

I'm 18, male and 26 stone.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm also 18 and I'm now on week 7 of this diet and I can tell you that it is the hardest diet I've ever been on. But my losses have been fantastic. I can also tell you that I got fat for similar reasons as to how you got big, as well as an overloving grandmother in the equation (and too much time playing pokemon on the N64)
I started this diet at 16st8lbs after losing 5lbs through healthy eating, I'm 5'7" and I now weigh 14st7lbs. It's not the best loss, but I've never been happier and feel more energetic than ever.

Another thing is, I am coming up to my first year exams at University in a couple of months and so if there is any side effects of lipotrim such as poor concentration or just feeling under the weather I would need to delay starting it until those are out of the way.

I'm in college right now but I would be in university if I didn't retake a year. And I can tell you that your concentration isn't affected by Lipotrim at all, except perhaps when you crave food during your first week, but after that they go away and I've actually found that my grades have improved while on this diet.

I think being the same age and near enough the same stage of life we can really relate to each other. Lipotrim is the hardest thing you'll ever do, but it will also be the best thing you ever do.
If you choose to go for it then remember to always come back here and use this forum as your main emotional crutch, otherwise it will be 10x harder than it needs to be.

(I'm also glad you're here as it's nice to meet someone who's in a similar situation to what I am!)

I started this diet 8 weeks ago tomorrow(Monday) I have lost 38 lb and am extremely happy you can lose roughly 2st in first month then a stone there after obviously some are more and some less,
I think you need to find the right time to do this diet, you may feel hungry the first week your stomach will growl, you may have headaches, but when you get to ketosis you feel amazing those aching knees just stop, you have boundless energy and I find I concentrate far easier,
I started at 21 st and eventually I would like to be anything from 12 to 10 stone and at this moment I feel anything is possible,
It will be the hardest and sometime lonely diet (hence why you need this forum) but in the end the best things you achieve are the hardest to get too,,,,,
Best of luck Hun x

concentration: id say once u get into it properly, your used to it. so start NOW before ya exams. never too old to study whoever said they were!! im 27 and at university (student midwife) in the early days i found it soooooooooooooooo hard (especially as all midwives do on the wards in munch on goodies. teehee.

start now - dont out it off. GOOD LUCK MR xx

First week of my first time I got headaches and felt dizzy at times- this did affect concentration. Also it was odd not eating when others were at work. But after the first week I had no problems except the slight embarassment of not eating in public - (sociable office).

I say go for it. Yes this diet is very very hard, and at times you feel like giving up, but remember how hard it is to be fat. As soon as you start tackling your weight, you feel empowered. Just think in a few months you could have dropped 3 or even 4 stone. You are young and healthy, just think of the opportunities out their. You have it in you. This site will become your friend. We are all in this together and help each other out. Take that first step, and yes the first week will kill you, you wont believe it, but once you tackle that and realise actually this is possible... I take it day by day... and you can too.... best of luck!

Back