Are there really any syn FREE yogurts?

Bex22

Hi peeps

I have always gone by this thread: http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/121314-syn-free-yoghurts.html however my Mum has the new plan for Extra Easy and all the syn values are listed and it says that any flavoured fat free yogurts (i.e. muller lights etc) are half a syn?!?!

Am I missing something? I eat loads of muller lights and danone fat free yogurts and never syn them so a bit worried I am doing it wrong now!

Bex :)

No, most Muller lights are free. Basically the rule is that unless otherwise listed as free yoghurt has to be less than 1% fat (ie fat free) and also sugar free - so a lot of flavoured yoghurts dont count as they have added sugar in the flavouring, so you should always assume any particular flavoured yoghurt is synned unless you know for definite that it isn't. Only fat free plain yoghurt is guaranteed free.

However there are plenty of yoghurts out there that are both fat and sugar free, you just need to check specifically listed brands to know which they are and they are all listed in that yoghurt Sticky if you look. Make sure you check the most up to date posts near the end though, as they do change fairly frequently.

Thank you :)

Yeh muller lights apart from the cheesecake ones and the layered ones they're all free!

Ww ones all the yogurts are free but don't get confused like I did and pick up the layered fromage frais ones!! They wernt worth the syns they range from 0.5 to 1.5 but the actual yogurts are all free.

Also fat free natural yogurt is free

Back