Are u allowed to add black ground pepper to soup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjc77

Sorry for all the ? today but keep thinking of things being a newbie!x

Yes you are allowed to add salt and pepper to the soup. Good luck!

No extras

Hi!
As far as I know, you cannot add anything to your soup or any other form of liquid. According to the Lipotrim site, the only acceptable extras are tablet form sweetner and breath strips. I have noticed people add allsorts of things, they may still get the same results. I just stick to what Lipotrim say!
Hope that helps :)

If you want to do this diet 100% then no pepper or salt is allowed ! Watever you read on other posts... if your not sure about something ask lipotim direct.

Total food replacement means exactly way it says on the tin....

You are allowed the following...

LT meal replacements
Black Coffee / Tea
Water
Tablet sweeteners

That's it.... Harsh ? Yes !

On the other hand if u don't want to do a 100% total meal replacement, then that's your choice, but please post any food related posts in the main forum not this one... Thanks

Yes you are allowed to add salt and pepper to the soup. Good luck!

Who told you this lie???

Official guidelines are no salt, pepper, herbs no nothing! The only thing that is allowed is tablet sweetener :)

My pharmacist told me this summergirl, she told me it doesn't do any harm to add pepper and salt to the soup.

Some of the chemists that provide this diet, know nothing... They class this diet as just another money in the till item..,

To them, when someone asks "can I have salt and pepper?" they think, it can't harm, sure you can... !!

How many of you were actually made to watch the DVD before they would start u on the diet, how many didnt even know about the DVD!!

I got all my answers of what I could and couldn't have off the DVD, it just confused me and other newbies last year coming on this site with people discussing there little cheats!!

So please don't tell new starters what they can or can't have, unless you know it's what lipotrim recommends !!

Amanda105 said:
Some of the chemists that provide this diet, know nothing... They class this diet as just another money in the till item..,

To them, when someone asks "can I have salt and pepper?" they think, it can't harm, sure you can... !!

How many of you were actually made to watch the DVD before they would start u on the diet, how many didnt even know about the DVD!!

I got all my answers of what I could and couldn't have off the DVD, it just confused me and other newbies last year coming on this site with people discussing there little cheats!!

So please don't tell new starters what they can or can't have, unless you know it's what lipotrim recommends !!

Couldn't agree more :)

I first did LT in 1997 when it was only available through the doctor. I didn't know much about ketosis then but used to turn up at the surgery every week with my little bottle of wee to be tested:eek: I was warned by the Dr that if I didn't pass this 'test' that I wouldn't be allowed to continue! There was none of this add this, you can get away with that.....etc just 100% tfr end of! That time round I lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks without any blips whatsoever. But god do I wish that something like this forum had been around then, the support on here is incredible but, in some ways, it can also be destructive cos there is definitely a theme of 'trying to get away with it' on here!

And.......when you try to be helpful by pointing out the bleeding obvious? Well let's not go there, shall we?!

100% tfr works.......best!

Totally get what ur all saying..... I don't really feel that my pharmacists know a lot, more about the dollar...when I asked the question I didn't really see pepper as a food but it is, even if a few grains don't contain a hell of a lot anything! However I wud say this, my Dh has been adding loads to his soups and has lost a stone on a week! I've not added it and lost half st even tho its less, still good for me cos ive also got half the weight to lose than he has! Also always read that in conventional diets, pepper and chilli etc r brilliant for speeding metabolism so maybe its actually helped him?!x

Men will always lose weight faster than women, pepper or not. Average loss for men is 1.5st a month on lt. Well done to you both though :)

hjc77 said:
However I wud say this, my Dh has been adding loads to his soups and has lost a stone on a week! I've not added it and lost half st even tho its less, still good for me cos ive also got half the weight to lose than he has! Also always read that in conventional diets, pepper and chilli etc r brilliant for speeding metabolism so maybe its actually helped him?!x

The problem with this statement and the reason that this diet is supposed to be done 100% is that everyone is different... Might help some, may hinder... Who are any of us to influence someone is starting off as 100%.... Do u want to be responsible for someone failing while on this diet or failing afterwards because they have not stuck to it 100%....

The scientists that have come up with this, have had reasons why they have done it the way they have... If any one is on here is more scientifically knowledgeable then the guys that invented LT then speak up...

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU CAN ADD PEPPER AND SALT , trust me , i did this diet for 5 months few yrs back, did me no harm at all, there is a few things you can add to make things better that wont knock you out of ketosis , same as chemist wont tell you in your first few days you can have chicken or tuna..... if you find it hard, ( mostly for men as only 2 shakes a day ) ....... just watch you dont knock your self out of ketosis, thats the trick :D or diet over and start again

I have closed this thread now, as I feel it has run its course. Each one of you have different experiences of being told whether they can or whether they can't. The official line from Lipotrim is nothing added/nothing taken away (lol) but everyone is welcome to "do their own thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back