Are you always jumping on the scales???

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by susan70, 27 January 2009 Social URL.

1. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have this printed out and pinned to my fridge, It seemed to jump out at me again this morning.

Sorry if its been posted before .(KD posted it on the cd frum last year)

Fact: Stick to the plan and you definitely lose weight
    Fact: You can control what you put in your mouth

Fact: You cannot control what the scales say.

So what do you celebrate? The scales showing a loss, or the fact that you kept to the diet all week?

What if you stick to the diet, but the scales don't reflect your effort? Will you be disappointed, even though you have done everything correctly and couldn't possibly do any better? Knowing that you will have lost weight…but it didn't mean anything because the scales are giving the wrong result?

What if you ‘cheat’ and the scales show a big loss…does that mean you've succeeded and need a pat on the back?

Or even if you've been 100% and the scales are showing a loss? Does it mean more to you? Does that mean you've done even better than 100%?

I think the scales are a wonderful tool. I weigh daily, and love seeing them give the same reading day in and out, but that’s not what I really celebrate.

I celebrate being in control of what I put in my mouth, because that’s what I have done. I don't celebrate what the scales say.

So if you've stayed the same one week, or just lost that one pound….if you've kept to the diet 100%, then be proud, because that’s what it’s all about. Stick to the diet and the weight is coming off….whether or not the scales agree. And you're worth the same amount of applause than those who have lost more.

1lbs, 1 stone, it doesn't matter. You can't do better than 100% after all ;)

So do me a favour, and next time you go to your CDC for a weigh in, if you've been 100%, go in rejoicing.

Tell him/her you are going to be one of their success stories, because you were in control this week and will be next. If the scales reflect this, that’s just the icing on the cake. You've lost weight anyway. You don't need a mechanical instrument to tell you whether you are in control or not ;)

Karenlou likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers now slimming world!
    thanks thats really good :)

suz x

4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    very good point,think i should put this on my scales!

5. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    It was you Gemma that made me think about this again hunni, you are doing so well.xxxx

6. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I will get printing now!!!

7. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats great. going to print it and put it inside my ww discover folder.

8. nannis

nannis Silver Member

Diet:
    sw
    Thats great...I have always had a problem with the scales, at one point Damian put them in the car and would only allow them out on weigh in day!!

9. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Excellent post susan and well worth keeping in mind! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.