are you an overweight parent?

ammixx

I just have my adorable pussycats and my tiny doggie but I can totally understand how, for your sanity, it is just plain easier sometimes to give in and give sweets instead of a banana to your kids. I have nt posted this to be judgemental - not at all - but how do you balance your own efforts to lose your own weight without inflicting food neurotics on your kids? If your kids are overweight too, how do you introduce a healthier eating regime without making them weight obsessed? The media does that already - how on earth do you manage this yourselves? And i also see that if you are on a tight budget, the Iceland chicken nugget stuff is far cheaper than fresh n healthy foods. The big supermarkets n Govt annoy me - why not make a deal that you can have a weekly box of useful fruit n veg (fresh or frozen) for a fiver? They do it with booze when footie is on - limited to one purchase etc etc ....I m not skint but it does shock me the higher price of fresh fruit and veg even from markets, compared to junk/processed foods. I will be honest and say when I see obese mum n dad with obese child in tow, all chowing on junk food, it does make me angry. Why sentence them to your own living hell? Check out my post on newbie intros and you will see I have been up to 20 odd stone so am not posting this from a smug 7lb weight crisis angle. Hope no-one is offended by this post - am genuinely interested, not looking to make anyone feel uncomfortable xx

Back