Are you moisturising as you lose?

redfluffmonster

Hi

just wondering what moisturiser people are using as they lose weight. When I was pregnant I used Bio-Oil which seemed to work well. Can anyone recommend a particular one?

Nnicky x

Hi Nicky,

I was a moisturising freak before LT. I didn't buy many clothes because I was the size of a house and there wasn't that much choice, so I spent my cash on creams, lotions, potions and handbags!

I love moisturising, and I use a big mixture of a lot of things. Here goes:

Bio Oil
Palmers cocoa butter
Palmers virgin olive butter
Palmers toning/firming cream
St Ives firming lotion
No7 Protect & Perfect Moisturising cream (I use all Protect and Perfect creams as they're fantastic, oh apart from the eye cream, as the pot it's in is dreadful)
Soap & Glory body butter
Soap & Glory Firminator (this stuff is amazing, you can feel it working as soon as you put it on)

I also body brush (love it) and exfoliate with gloves. I use Soap & Glory Scrubs Away and Boots No7 Micro-demabrasion.

I cleanse, tone moisturise my face twice a day with No7 products. I also use this brilliant No7 facial wash with a muslin hot cloth. It's called No7 Radience Boosting Hot Cloth cleanser. It is so relaxing and makes your skin feel gorgeous.

I use all No7 Protect & Perfect, have done for a few years now as the stuff is amazing. I use No7 Lift & Illuminate eye cream. L'oreal Revitalift neck and face toning cream, and L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease serum.

Jeysus I really am a freak haha. I do love pampering myself. Well I have to, no one else will!

Wow!!! That's a comprehensive list!!! I have bought the bio-oil anf Boots no 7 protect and perfect for my face which I love. Def need the firming cream for legs bum and tum tho!!!

Hi Nicky,

I was a moisturising freak before LT. I didn't buy many clothes because I was the size of a house and there wasn't that much choice, so I spent my cash on creams, lotions, potions and handbags!

I love moisturising, and I use a big mixture of a lot of things. Here goes:

Bio Oil
Palmers cocoa butter
Palmers virgin olive butter
Palmers toning/firming cream
St Ives firming lotion
No7 Protect & Perfect Moisturising cream (I use all Protect and Perfect creams as they're fantastic, oh apart from the eye cream, as the pot it's in is dreadful)
Soap & Glory body butter
Soap & Glory Firminator (this stuff is amazing, you can feel it working as soon as you put it on)

I also body brush (love it) and exfoliate with gloves. I use Soap & Glory Scrubs Away and Boots No7 Micro-demabrasion.

I cleanse, tone moisturise my face twice a day with No7 products. I also use this brilliant No7 facial wash with a muslin hot cloth. It's called No7 Radience Boosting Hot Cloth cleanser. It is so relaxing and makes your skin feel gorgeous.

I use all No7 Protect & Perfect, have done for a few years now as the stuff is amazing. I use No7 Lift & Illuminate eye cream. L'oreal Revitalift neck and face toning cream, and L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease serum.

Jeysus I really am a freak haha. I do love pampering myself. Well I have to, no one else will!

WOW! that is an impressive list!! lol! As a beauty therapist i must say well done!! :) I love love love soap and glory!! xx

according to my source of all knowledge.....my mother!! It doesn't matter what product you use, as its the actual rubbing in of the mouisturiser that helps your circulation to rebuild cells, or something like that!!
I used to use bio oil, but i also was 21 stone for a very long period of my life, so i reckon my stretch marks are here to stay lol
To tone up them bingo wings use free weights or tins and exercise whilst watching the soaps on tv!!! To firm up the stomach, you need to start from within. Get an exercise ball and start working your core muscles, its them bad boys thet help to strengthen you stomach!
KT x

Ooh must start this tonight!!
I have loads of lush products but always forget to do my body!! Naughty me.

Well guys I recently discovered that johnsons baby oil can be used on wet skin. So when I've showered I apply it all over while my skin is wet then pat it dry:) my skin is lovely and feels lovely and soft!! I am naughty and don't do anything else to look after my skin except for making sure I remove makeup before bed!!:p and I use simple wet wipes for that:) wish I was half as good as Betsy!!lol

body shop body butter in satsuma! it smells lush for the summer, they also have a sweet lemon one out now which is really nice too x

My husband recently bought me some elle mcpherson body cream and a start the day - body scrub -(3rd off at boots at the moment) it is gorgeous and makes your skin feel really soft and hydrated - and it smells lovely too !!

Body Shop body butters are lovely, they all smell delicious. I've just ordered 2 big tubes of bio-oil though as I found an online chemist where it was 1/2 price. Hope it is as good as I've been told! I never used to bother moisturising but losing weight so quickly and my skin being drier I figured I ought to start! :)

body shop pink grapefruit body butter mixed with bio oil. am lazy about moisturising the last while, have to get back into it cos its really worthwhile.

Love bio-oil, but use it only for my face, I should start to do the body as well. Like E45 body creams and baby oil in gel to use after shower on wet skin. It feels fantastic after!

Love bio-oil, but use it only for my face, I should start to do the body as well. Like E45 body creams and baby oil in gel to use after shower on wet skin. It feels fantastic after!

does the bio oil on your face not make you break out?
i've never thought about using it as a face moisturiser.....now i've hit 30 i need some help lol

i've never thought about using it as a face moisturiser.....now i've hit 30 i need some help lol

I would have thought the same KT- Im hitting 30 in August and I know what you mean needing help- Ive started using Vichy Normaderm products on my face- love it love it love it!

Ooh must start this tonight!!

I have loads of lush products but always forget to do my body!! Naughty me.

Lush? I swear everyone who works there must be a high on something (no offence to anyone who works there....)

I would have thought the same KT- Im hitting 30 in August and I know what you mean needing help- Ive started using Vichy Normaderm products on my face- love it love it love it!

I'm using Body Shop Nutraganics range at the moment, but i noticed the other day that Olay have a range for 20+, 30+, 40+ and 50+.... was thinking about trying the 30+ range till i noticed that bloody Fiona Phillips on the packaging....my wrinkle will have to wait, i'm not having her stare up at me from my night table!!!! x

bio oil doesnt make me break out at all, its s dry oil so it doesn't make your skin oily. Most of any sort of discoulorations, darker spots etc, are gone, and my skin has very nice even coulor. I think it works , because a few people complemented my skin, and I wasn't wearing an make up!

Back