Argghhhhh ... Why cant I restart :-(

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Hi :eek::eek::eek:
I so need a kick up the butt and wise words :sigh: I reached target mid last year and since put on a stone. I have tried restarting since 4th Jan and keep failing over and over.
I really want to do this and have signed up for every challenge going but it i'm finding it so hard. First time I found it easy and breezed through weeks of ss+. I'm getting so frustrated and angry with myself:cry: Anyone got any tips?
Thanks

Get your head right before you start.

Sometimes when you are close to goal, you convince yourself that it's ok to blip, because you know how quickly the weight will come off anyway and you end up justifying blips over and over.

You have to really want to get rid of those lbs, until you reach that point, you will just keep failing.

That's my experience anyway.... it's oly when i hit the bottom that i can truely see myself, and know that i need to succeed at this. Thats what motivates me.

Hi Miss Jelly-Tot

I'm sort of in the same boat as you although i didn't actually make it to goal:eek: (my holiday got in the way!!:rolleyes:). But i more or less maintained within a half stone or so until December. I have had sooooooo many restarts and have just been unable to get back into it but this time i am determined as i have now put back on over a stone and feel FAT and bloated and all my clothes are tight!!!! (i didn't feel that big before).

This time i am concentrating on getting into Ketosis above everything and if things get tight i will nibble small pieces of protein to keep me from going off the rails completely. I did this last year and slipped into ketosis quite painlessly but once i'd lost a few pounds and felt slim again i faffed about and knocked myself out of Ketosis and that that was that:(

Not doing that this time and have 2 mates who have also started today so that should be a help!!

Hope you can get your head in the right place!!:D

Good luck!

Thank you for your replies. Ok today is the def day and your advice has finally sunk in:eek:
This time i am concentrating on getting into Ketosis above everything and if things get tight i will nibble small pieces of protein to keep me from going off the rails completely. I did this last year and slipped into ketosis quite painlessly but once i'd lost a few pounds and felt slim again i faffed about and knocked myself out of Ketosis and that that was that:(
I never thought of that. Im too busy trying to get in it, when I fail I go all out, when really I could just chose protein!
Your so lucky having other people do it around you. I must admit my best friend did it first time and we really encouraged ech other. I bet you will all do great :D
That's my experience anyway.... it's only when i hit the bottom that i can truely see myself, and know that i need to succeed at this. Thats what motivates me.
Im def at rock bottom and the scales are going the wrong way :cry: Going to get a grip and start them moving the other direction from now on.

I so need a kick up the butt and wise words :sigh: I reached target mid last year and since put on a stone. I have tried restarting since 4th Jan and keep failing over and over.
I really want to do this and have signed up for every challenge going but it i'm finding it so hard. First time I found it easy and breezed through weeks of ss+. I'm getting so frustrated and angry with myself:cry: Anyone got any tips?
Thanks
Miss JT I really feel for you. I am having exactly the same problem.

I did 4 days last week and the scales showed a 4lbs loss, then on Saturday I was so fed up with the snow and not being able to go anywhere, plus stressing about how I was going to be able to get to my CDC for WI and fresh supplies, I went off the rails. Chocolate, sparkling wine (bottle of) and more or less the same for Sunday!!! Since then I just haven't bothered even trying to eat sensibly. It's too cold and too miserable outside to be living on 3 shakes a day. I have told myself that as soon as the weather gets milder then I will get back on it but I'm not holding my breath. Last year when I did CD for the first time, it felt so easy. I SS'd 100% for twelve weeks. Now I can't even do a week and I feel pathetic.

Do you think we will ever get that feeling of determination back? Hope so. I really want to look good for Jess' engagement party.

Hang in there both of you. You can do this. It's really important your mind is in the right place and the diet is still for you.

Have either of you thought about 810? The losses are very similar to SS+ and you can have porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch and then protein and vegies for dinner followed by a shake for dessert (or as an afternoon break). Diet?? ;)

Hi Miss JT,

I never have looked at this thread and on just having a nosey around I find you are here. I felt like you, so fed up with myself. Did ok after Christmas but there's just too much to shift 1.5 or 2 stones (not sure about goal yet.) So after some thought I went to the CDC on Monday, and I'm off again on SS or SS+ depending on how I feel. SS so far.
I'm taking the 'in at the deep end, no fussing, get on with it approach,' which I didn't maintain last time. I'm hoping that when I come up for air, I'll be there if you see what I mean?
Good luck anyway. xx

Thanks

Hi, Sorry to here your finding it difficult second time round, i am also a restarter,
i went from 15st 9lb to 11st 6lb right up until xmas 09 and decided to have a break,
i restarted last week and i cheated on the first night lol, but i sailed through ss+ for 22 weeks the first time so i couldnt understand why it was so hard this time.
the problem is we have experienced food again and because we are aware of the ss+ and how much food we dont get to eat it makes us miss it before we give it chance.
i have just bought myself a size 12 dress to get in for a family reunion on my brothers 30th birthday which is on 30th jan so i have hung the dress on my living room wall and so far its working for me,
I WILL NOT BE A PORK CHOP for the night out of a life time lol
i have even started to eat in a different room from my kids because i found myself picking at there left over food,
lets pull our selves together and crack the whip on our selves and get slim.
Sarah xxx YOU CAN DO IT. YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE HUN,

Thanks for all your replies. Well i've just completed day 4...yay. In the end I just gritted my teeth and got on with the first 2 day which are always my hardest. I found long baths and early nights helped along with tips from here.
i have just bought myself a size 12 dress to get in for a family reunion on my brothers 30th birthday which is on 30th jan so i have hung the dress on my living room wall and so far its working for me,
Great idea. Hope you have a great party
Do you think we will ever get that feeling of determination back? Hope so. I really want to look good for Jess' engagement party
I have finally found my mojo lets just hope it does not run off again. Congratulations to Jess

Back