My new diary...

agee86

Hi all,

I've been away for a bit, on the not dieting train. After we returned from holiday in October, I gave up with Slimming World. I'd only lost 13.5lbs since May and I was annoyed. Yes, I was a bit naughty here and there but I expected at least 1st7lbs in that time.

Anyway, so I decided that calorie counting was for me.... And then swiftly stopped counting the calories, because I was getting annoyed that the things that seemed relatively low calorie, were actually more, and if I counted the calories, I couldn't eat them... I know, I'm a bit silly really! And a massive pig.

Anyway, so, although I have only put on 2lb since October (which is actually a miracle - especially as TOTM was last week and I'm a monster during that week, literally eating everything in sight!), I'm going on holiday again in October and I do not want to be the same size as I am now when I go, I was disgusted in myself last time!

It's almost Christmas (where the HELL has this year gone??) and I think I'd be silly to even think about dieting right now (some people might say it would keep me in check over Christmas but, I know what I'm like at this time of year and it's not pretty, diet wise).

I'm starting to plan for the New Year, I know I'll be in the zone by then (I'm almost there now, I just know what we have, treat wise, in the house). I'm not entirely sure yet which plan I will follow - whether I go back to SW or, whether I do SW on my own from home (still have my books etc) or, whether I just do a good ol' calorie count. The only thing I don't like about the calorie counting is that I feel more restricted than on SW for some reason.

Anyway, so, to document my planning and, eventually, my diet, I thought I'd start a new diary. You were all a massive support last time so I'm hoping you might be the same this time.

This WILL be my final attempt, I cannot spend the rest of my life worrying about my shape and size wherever I am. I was sitting on the sofa the other night trying to position my legs to look slimmer. I was at home. Alone. No one could see my legs, but that is what it is coming to. It's funny. I'm not all sad about it, I actually think it's quite funny (ludicrously funny!), it's just I feel it needs to be addressed now before I do get seriously sad about it and end up being in a position where I can't do anything about it because it's got too far... You know?

So... I have from the 1st Jan (although I plan on starting properly when I head back to work - 3rd). That's
10 months
38 weeks

I'm setting myself a goal of 4 stone. I think this might be too much, but I'll see when I get nearer this figure.
That's
56lbs
5.6lbs per month
1.47lbs per week.

I think that it's easily achievable for me and breaking it down like this makes it seem even more so.

So, if you have any hints or tips for me with regards to planning or even the diet itself (even though I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing - probably SW on my own to start off with), please let me know - I'm open to suggestions!

Thank you all for reading! I tend to wang on a bit so you're probably glad it's done :)

Hi Agee18,

In the scheme of things...2lb is not bad and would indicate that you have not lost the plot, if you can stay the same, or stay within a 2lb gain over the Christmas holidays you would be doing OK...this is the advice we got at our Weight Watchers meeting which I thought was good and sensible for this time of year as we know our good intentions can often be sabotaged by well-meaning friends...along with boxes of chocolates lying around whispering...'eat me'!:oops:

Hey here to support :) I'll be back calorie counting in January too xx

Thank you :) do you have a diary I can follow? If not yet, let me know when you do it and I'll be along to subscribe :)

Hi Agee18,

In the scheme of things...2lb is not bad and would indicate that you have not lost the plot, if you can stay the same, or stay within a 2lb gain over the Christmas holidays you would be doing OK...this is the advice we got at our Weight Watchers meeting which I thought was good and sensible for this time of year as we know our good intentions can often be sabotaged by well-meaning friends...along with boxes of chocolates lying around whispering...'eat me'!:oops:

You're right, considering what I've been eating, 2lb is nothing! Chocolates whispering eat me? Mine scream it from the top of their lungs and don't stop until I put it in my mouth! They haunt me :eek:

I'm just writing my first weeks meal plan. Seems I'll probably largely be following the SW plan, as that's naturally come out as I was typing. I sort of know where I am with that and I think, from what I'm writing, I'll also be under the daily calorie goal too so I'll give it a go.

I suppose doing the SW plan on my own, will make me feel less guilty about having an off day and more likely to get me back on the wagon. Before, I'd have an off day and I'd think 'f*** up' to the rest of the week. Sounds weird but only having the pressure from myself will help me I think.

I don't plan on telling anyone that I'm doing this as a serious thing. Again, keeps the pressure off. Dunno what I'll say to the boyf, I suppose just that I'm trying to be more sensible not that I'm really dieting. I do find that doing this helps me with things. I did it with my driving test, I literally told no one, and I passed - it was good not having the pressure :)

Anyway, another ramble done... Back to the meal planning.:rolleyes:

Hey I have a diary over in the members section :)

Meal planning ahead sounds like a good idea!xx

I shall go and have a find and a read :) see you there!

Yeah, it seems to be helping doing the meal planning this early, I hope to have a good few weeks of plans done by the time I start! It's also keeping the motivation alive! I'm motivated now although, as I said, I also know I have 10 tons of chocolate at home that will be luring me to the dark side over the next couple of weeks.

I hope the motivation sticks around, at least for the first week or two as once I'm getting stuck in, I find it easy to carry on!

Hi everyone...

So here I am, back again. On the 3rd January, as promised, and raring to go!

Left the food planner I did at work over the Christmas break though so am not following that right now (annoying as I spent so much time on it!)

So, today started with:
2x eggs
Baby button mushrooms
Plum tomatoes
Fried in Tesco Rapeseed Spray Oil (1/2 syn per 5 sprays)

For lunch:
Tuna (in brine)
Cucumber
Red Onion
Cherry tomatoes
Yellow Pepper
1x tbsp Light Mayo (2)

Snacks:
2x Satsumas
1x Apple
Celery

I thought I'd feel mega hungry by this point today, considering the amount I've shoved in my mouth this last couple of weeks but, I think the good breakfast has filled me sufficiently!

Tonight for dinner will be a SW meal from Iceland - I went in and grabbed a load for this first week (and I'll probably do the same next week) as they're free and easy and they don't require me to think much about them.

I've decided that I'm going to allow myself to continue eating the Christmas chocolate (there's still so much left), but only on weekends. I will syn them, of course, but I will save them for the weekend. I won't go mad and binge, or save syns for them, I will literally just have my syn allowance but all in chocolate.

Anyway, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year.

All the best for the coming weeks!

Ok so, massive fail last week... It was TOTM so I sat and pigged out for at least 3 days. Plus, lost my willpower at work, which meant eating some sweets!

Weighed myself this morning, lost 1lb!! I was so chuffed! I'm really trying to find a way to beat the TOTM binge days, maybe I can take a tablet and the cravings will go and my will power will stay strong!

Back on the wagon today though, my aim was 1.5lb per week and I fell short so that is an extra 1/2lb I need to lose next week. Takes it to 2lbs to aim for. I need to start being hard on myself or it'll get to the point where I'm needing to lose 4lb a week, get pee'd off and bored and then quit and go on holiday at my current weight all sad and disappointed that I didn't just effing do it!

Anyway, today's menu:
Breakfast:
Fried Egg
Fried Mushrooms
1 slice of crustless wholemeal bread (Part HexB)
Fried in Tesco Rapeseed Spray Oil (0.5 syns per 5 sprays) (1)
Syns: 1

Lunch:
2 slices of crustless wholemeal bread (rest of HexB)
'Buttered' with Light Mayo (2)
Wafer thin smoked ham
Cucumber
Skinny Cappuccino Muller Light (so excited to try this range!)
Syns: 2

Snacks:
Celery
Peppers
Apple
Grapes
Strawberries

I'm determined to fill myself up at lunchtime so that I don't falter this afternoon and head to the sweet boxes at work! No one seems up for my idea of a communal fruit bowl, evil people!

Just an update on the Skinny Cappuccino Muller Light... OMG! Amazing!

Back