Extra Easy argh. .. its so hard sometimes

BritneyDean

All day today ive just wanted to eat rubbish. Ive been on plan all day. But especially right now all I want is chocolate crisps biscuits marshmallows cheesecake. Anything I shouldn't have.

Its just so hard sometimes. I've put a dvd on and all I can think about is rubbish food. Im not even hungry!

Glad its nearly time for bed.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do if I feel like this again?
As its usually evening times too I dont want anything that uses syns.
I got such a sweet tooth too. Sob.

Hi Britney Dean! Have you used your healthy extras? I love the HiFi bars as a HEB or some baby bel extra lights (HEa) when I'm feeling like I need a treat. Sainsburys popcorn are lovely too, the little bags are a fantastic 2.5syns a pack- I'm tucking into a pack as we speak :)

Oo the popcorn sounds good. Will have to get some for the cupboard. Didnnt think of that. And 2.5 syns are not too bad.
Thank you

I think you have got to get to the place in your head that doesn't want so many snacks! eat Pink lady apples they are very sweet or pears or some pineapple good luck ;)

I have a big drink - say a pint of squash - and give it 20 minutes. Sometimes this is enough to distract my body plus I never seem to drink enough anyway.

Failing that have some snacks just make sure you stick to your syn allowance.

A girl at my class has a treat box.. She makes it up once a week with synned treats that add upto the weeks allowance so basically put anything in it that you fancy for your syns - then you can eat in any way that you want so when you have the got to have sweet treat days you can. I would not use all the syns so that you have some for cooking,gravies etc...

Thanks everyone.
I keep saying tk mayself. Ah its just food. But its just so hard sometimes. ; ( thanks again

I have an options hot choc in the evening and find it hits the spot. I usually keep some of my milk HEA and have half milk, half water. Loving coconut one atm, its 1.5syns for 11g sachet.
Squirty cream is 0.5 syn for a tbsp too, if you are feeling fancy!
Another thing i have discovered lately too is cherry diet coke. no syns but really nice and sweet.

The evenings are my downfall too, especially if i am watching tv!

Last edited:
Just gonna join in here! I really really struggle in the evening, as i just want to binge!! However i cut up some strawberries and grapes in a big bowl and sit and eat the whole lot! Its yummy and syn free!! Also chewing gum distracts me i think it is only .5 syns for 5 pieces! xxx

Mmm squirty cream mmmmmm

I didn't realise squirty cream was that low!! Add that to some strawberries and your laughing!!

BritneyDean said:
Mmm squirty cream mmmmmm

The normal one is 2tbs for 0.5 syns, or if you buy the low fat one (tastes the same) you get 3tbs for 0.5 !!
That's what I buy and OH still eats it.

If its the evenings you struggle with - try having syn free days and save all your syns for later....is it just sweet stuff you're after or crisps and stuff too??
I love the Aldo version of quavers - they are more cheesy than the normal ones and only 3syns a bag as opposed to 4.5 for the 'real ones'
Last night I made a big supper of pickles, olives (1 syn for 8 plain ones), tomatoes, cucumber, smoked salmon and prawns - a huge picking plateful for virtually no syns

Also, some nights I'll chop up loads of tasty fruit - pineapple, kiwi, grapes at cover in yogurt, or have you tried the chocolate pudding? Options and an egg whisked together, placed in a mug and microwaved for a minute - that's tasty and sweet too

Hi Britaney, You say you dont want to have anything which uses syns. Please make sure you have your syns every day as this help with weigh loss, but dont go over say about 10. As others have said, once you have used your syns, snack on fruit, or veg preferably first, then free food. After a while the craving subside, trust me, been doing S W for over 2 years now. It does work, the cravings subside, and you will find you will be satisfied. No need to go to bed hungry. And so many of us have the munchies at night. You will do well if you stick to plan. :)

Back