Argh! so irritating.

Yasmine

One last chance
Isn't it so annoying when your family nag at you about your weight? saying how big your arse is and all that rubbish. It is also really annoying when you do something about your weight and people start saying that I shouldn't lose too much.

Geez, I know that my friends and family have seen me fat all my life and it would be strange seeing a much thinner version of me, but that doesn't mean they have to discourage me!

A lot of people are saying that it won't suit me being thin and that I shouldn't lose 6 stone as I would turn into a skeleton apparently. But that is what I want to lose and that's what I'm going to bloody do!!

Last edited:
as long as you want to slim to a weight that is healthy for your height don't worry hun. People tend to get jealous of those who are making a success of their diet - particularly as most people have gained at this time of year.

Don't worry - be strong and do what is right for you :)

It is annoying alright isnt it? But its for your health, you know it and they will... Lose as much weight as you think is right for you.. Get to your ideal bmi and leave it there.. Be normal..

Don't get annoyed with them.. they don't understand.. well done :)

stick to your guns Yasmine you are doing this for you and you only they will come round eventually and will be supportive if not all your friends on here will be

keep fighting the good fight

xxSharron

Hi hun,

I've noticed your target BMI is under 17. I think your family might have a point. That is a really low BMI. I wouldn't think the pharmacist would allow you to carry on with that low a BMI.

You've done fantastic, just aim for a realistic slim you.....you don't have to be 'skinny' as that is just as unhealthy as being overweight.

hey huni
i have said this before and will say it again. forget the scales, forget the bmi one day you will look at yourself in the mirror.. and you will say to yourself.. this is the size i want to be! you will look healthy and happy and YOU will love yourself. at the end of the day you are most important in this. it doesnt matter what others say. when you feel that you have reached your ideal weight then you know that you should stop. yes if you lose too much weight then you will look like a freak but be reasonable and you will be fine. I would like to lose at least another 6stones. my ideal weight as told by GP is 7st11lbs. but i havent really thought of it like that... i will be happy with a size 12.. very very happy!.. sorry im rambling. but i get this from people too... for some reason people seem to think that i look nice fat and i shouldnt lose too much weight.. but i want to be healthy and be able to buy clothes at normal shops... :)

Hey Yas, it's a common experience. It contributed in part to my stopping the first time. Now it is all like water off a duck's back to me -those "oh-you'll-be-too-thin-you've-lost-enough-weight!" comments mean absolutely nothing to me now!
As long as you aim for a healthy BMI (acceptable BMI for females is 19 to 25) then it is OK. 17 is medically classified underweight so best not to get under 19 as Shazpaz said.

as long as you want to slim to a weight that is healthy for your height don't worry hun. People tend to get jealous of those who are making a success of their diet - particularly as most people have gained at this time of year.

Don't worry - be strong and do what is right for you :)
Thanks will do. How are things for you?

It is annoying alright isnt it? But its for your health, you know it and they will... Lose as much weight as you think is right for you.. Get to your ideal bmi and leave it there.. Be normal..

Don't get annoyed with them.. they don't understand.. well done :)
Yeah thanks, I will. I just hate it when I have to have preferences that suit other people rather than myself.

Over this past decade I have went through this as well but ya really have to do this for ya hunny and dont worry about them. Its very hard to ignore other peoples jibes and comments whether they are family or not but never ever do the diet because of them. Look at it in a way that in six months or less ya will look terrific and much happier, gud luck hunny

Jealous people. Thats all they are. Dont let them rain on your "slim" crusade!!!!! Smile sweetly at them and nod politely. Dont get into an arguement cos them they will only wish for you to fail!!!

Have the last laugh when you reach that goal!!! Good luck honey!!x

stick to your guns Yasmine you are doing this for you and you only they will come round eventually and will be supportive if not all your friends on here will be

keep fighting the good fight

xxSharron

Thanks, I defintely will. It just takes the piss how I have to look how they want me to. Oh well, sod what they think.

Hi hun,

I've noticed your target BMI is under 17. I think your family might have a point. That is a really low BMI. I wouldn't think the pharmacist would allow you to carry on with that low a BMI.

You've done fantastic, just aim for a realistic slim you.....you don't have to be 'skinny' as that is just as unhealthy as being overweight.
Really? is that for adults only? I dunno, I chose that weight because I want to be quite light. But I guess for health reasons I shouldn't huh? Oh, I don't to be skinny, I find skinny revolting. I just want to look thin as much as I can since I look quite broad. But then again I might just look broad because of how much I weigh at the moment. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks and by the way, you look great! you've done fantastic yourself!

Hi hun,

Oh I just found out the healthy weight for my height as a teenage female, I should have a BMI of 17.3 somewhere along 17 to 19.

stick to whats healthy hun!... dont go underweight whatever you do coz i honestly believe skinny people look disgusting compared to overweight people... xxx

iv had this off my mum since i was about 12..i was always slightly bigger than other kids and at 13 was wearing clothes for girls aged 17-18..
as i grew up all i heard off my mum was "when does the diet start??" or "how much do you weigh now...surely it must be more than me?!" it was heart breaking for me as i was growing up..no one wants to have that sort of stuff coming at them left right and centre from their own mother... :(

but now im 19 ive heard it all and now that my brother is jumping on the band wagon with my mum im so glad it doesnt affect me as much as it used to...i think that although it sounds stupid i think these comments have made me tougher and like the saying goes 'sticks and stones can break the bones but words can only hurt me'...

now im starting to change my life for the better i know that one day my mum will turn round to me and say 'you look great...all that hard work paid off and im sorry for what i used say to you' :)
well one can hope anyway :) :)

iv had this off my mum since i was about 12..i was always slightly bigger than other kids and at 13 was wearing clothes for girls aged 17-18..
as i grew up all i heard off my mum was "when does the diet start??" or "how much do you weigh now...surely it must be more than me?!" it was heart breaking for me as i was growing up..no one wants to have that sort of stuff coming at them left right and centre from their own mother... :(

but now im 19 ive heard it all and now that my brother is jumping on the band wagon with my mum im so glad it doesnt affect me as much as it used to...i think that although it sounds stupid i think these comments have made me tougher and like the saying goes 'sticks and stones can break the bones but words can only hurt me'...

now im starting to change my life for the better i know that one day my mum will turn round to me and say 'you look great...all that hard work paid off and im sorry for what i used say to you' :)

Well your story brought a tear to my eye. I can sympathize with ya with what your mum used to say to you. My mum was always skinny and I used to get those jibes too from her which made me lose a very good relationship with her as in years down the line I remembered all the jibes and bullying and ya would think that one person that would be behind ya would be your mum!! It made me rebell when I was younger against it and it still hurts as its constantly in my memories. No one understands to be overweight unless ya have went through it yourself and now I have told noone apart from my best friend and OH that I am on this diet, i dont want anyone else jibes. I hope ya do succeed hunny but do it for ya!! Its all about the change in ya and not worrying about what your mum and brother says about it, yea it would be great to see the smile wipe off their faces but it also would be good for ya to gain some of your confidence back!! Hope ya do it, take care

its so horrible when you dont have the support from the most important people in your life. its so disheartening to hear stories like this but I really hope that your experiences have made you stronger. you know what you need to do and you also know that you need to do it for yourself!...

as miss unknown said... when you lose your weight it will be an amazing feeling to see the look on your mum and brothers face!... good luck. you can do it xx

Oh I know exactly what you mean, my mum always showed off to me that she weighed less than me and comparing me to her when she was young. Right now, I seriously don't care. I'll carry on doing this until I look how I want to. I think it's great how you overcame it all. Ypu make all those people who doubted you eat their pig headed words!

As long as your BMI is 24 -21 you are fine....STUFF EM!! it's YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE!!! they will probably get worse at commenting as time goes on... you may even think of stopping before getting to goal...But, as many of us have found, you will not be happy until you reach that goal and will end up back here...so you need to grow a thick skin, side step their comments and do what is right for you!! I spent months saying ...really, will i, ok and then just carrying on :mad:)

Back