ARRGGHH!! Urgent help needed please!!!!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by MellyMoo, 14 January 2009 Social URL.

1. MellyMoo

MellyMoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Hope someone can help me- i've been on 1200 cals for the last week or so and have been really really "good" and lost 5lbs so far (yay!)

However, i woke up this moring to find that its my nans birthday and my dad is planning on getting a chinese takeaway tonight to celebrate- now, normally i would see this as good thing but now i have to work out what i can have without sabotaging my diet! I really cant get out of it without starting a family row- so what do people reccomend i have??

and do people know any "average" calories that popular dishes have per dish? (obviously i know it won't be the same but it would be nice to have a rough number so i can at least try and work out a rough figure!!)

Thanks for your help, if you can help me!!!:):):):):)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Well done Mel! And what a dilemma eh?!! I think one way around it, if no other can be found, is to look them up in the WW eating out guide. I think someone said that 1 WW point is roughly 70 cals, so maybe you can work it out that way....other than that I don't know I'm afraid. I have the WW guide, but it's at home. Am sure someone will come up with a better idea though!

Other than that, just have a nibble on whatever you fancy, it's only one evening after all! I had pizza at the weekend, and still lost. Just don't go mad!!! Have a good time :D

4. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    I tend to have chow mein with no sauce- either the veg/chicken or king prawn type. I eat all of the meat/fish & veg & only some of the noodles. Avoid fried rice (er duh! LOL!) and things like prawn/chicken balls- stuff that'll be obviously greasy? Its the way things are cooked and the sauces added that pack on the fat/cals, so just take time to study the menu- don't be afraid to ask for something cooked a certain way and remember- it's only one night?
    Oh- and a warning- in my case anyway I am ALWAYS a few lbs heavier the next day or two after eating a chinese- but its because of the sodium, I retain fluid like a bit*h so glug down plenty of water to help flush out my system? It goes away though so don't panic if it happens to you?

5. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Good advice! Stick with boiled rice and non-saucy stuff and you'll be fine. Enjoy!

6. nixx

nixx Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I found this: Eating out: make the right choices

If it were me, I'd have the chicken chow mein. Noodles already in, no need for calorie-laden rice.... very filling too.

7. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    chicken chow mein is my dish of choice, so glad to hear thats its a good choice, also usualy end up sharing a sweet and sour chicken, BUT i only have chinese 2/3 times a year as bf aint a fan so i know its not gonna happen all that often.

8. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Noodles are low in fat, am I correct? I have that with chinese mixed vegetables. Our menu has a little 'heart' symbol next to low fat dishes which is really helpful.

9. queenb

queenb Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.33%)
    Diet:
    cal count & exercise
    good luck babe & enjoy it...just count the cals next day..we always allowed a little cheat now & then & just get right back on it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.