Artyjoe...and again!

Hi Abz, you are well on your way to your 16's...I'm a little optimistic about getting into mine in 2 weeks but I know this diet can work wonders and when I reach 14.4 then I'll be in all the clothes I really want to get in...still need to get to 13.3 to get to where I was before I came off CD originally, but one step at a time hey.

Am a bit spotty today so maybe not drinking enough water...and have realised yet again I'm not in ketosis. Thankfully I don't suffer hunger pangs in ketosis or not, so it just means I can have more cups of tea which really helps me through...and at least I don't have a foul dry mouth as I do when in ketosis, although I am aware my breath just can't smell that nice if all I'm having is packs, so my mouth spray still accompanies me everywhere :)

I haven't lost weight so far since Saturday but I'm assuming that's down to my body trying to cope with the food I gave it, so I won't be in that position again for a good few weeks. Have yet another food engagement the week after next so may have to cancel that one as it's a 'dinner', or at least postpone it until nearer Christmas perhaps when I intend to give myself a few days off. I told my friend who we are taking a take away to on Friday that I will be arriving 30 minutes later so they can eat the food, and she offered to cook a slimming meal for me instead, which was very sweet of her, but it also made me feel a little guilty for not eating with them...but that soon passed and I realised they'll understand that it's only short term.

Whichever way I look at it, it's all good - Joe

good to hear joe :)

sorry you aren't in ketosis yet, but give it time. you will be :) either that or the ketostix are lying to you. they can do that you know!!

abz xx

Still not in ketosis, I think it's the milk, but I can't give up the tea. Not having a fab week, didn't lose anything this week, which seems a shame considering I only had one evening meal and 6 days of SS+, but hey, never mind.

After Monday I have 4 solid weeks of no meetings or outings so I intend to strictly SS, fingers crossed I can do that. This is my danger period though, I find I self sabotage at around 14.10 which I'm getting near but I'm hoping my therapist will help me with that!

I'm feeling better about myself though, got my cheek bones poking through again :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend - Joe

Stayed the same this week, not concerned though as think I'm dehydrated as not drinking enough so probably holding water, here's hoping for a loss next week!

I have gained weight again. It is always around the 14. 9 stage that this happens, back up to 14.13 again now. It's so depressing that no matter what I do I can't break this emotional eating. All i can do is pray and have faith that somehow I will break through this barrier.

Joe

Thanks Suki, I invested so much hope in a breakthrough session, I was so convinced it would work...and it hasn't, my behaviour hasn't changed a dot even though I gave it 100% my all. Hey ho, lesson learned. I'm still hopeful that my psycotherapist will be able to get to the real reason why I'm over eating. Good luck to you Suki.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Im sorry you feel like this, but remember the power is within you. I tried some self help motivation cd's and they help. I am hoping to start again soon, just that going off and on the diet is such a waste of money, and im only a poor student..lol

I was listening to this cd about positive thinking and i thought it was amazing, that got me started for 3 weeks without cheating. But when uni stress got to me, i fell off the wagon.

I dont even over eat or anything..lol....just dont know what my problem is?.....i put on weight after having a baby and that has been my biggest problem. i think if you stick to the diet for atleast 1 month, when you loose the weight it might motivate you to carry on and change your relationship with food. But i know its easy said then done! all we can do is keep trying, atleast we are trying eh??

Are you having hynotherapy? I was thinking about it but a friend of mine who is a doctor said that hynotherapy could sometimes bring up issues you dont want to think about or know and it could cause more distress then help. She suggested cognitive behavioural therapy instead, but they all cost a lot of money i would imagine!

Good luck to you, i know we can do this!!

take care
suki

Last edited:
Thanks Suki. I have been to three hypnotherapists to no avail and two breakthrough sessions which has also not stopped my behaviour. I don't mind bringing up issues I don't want to think about, did that for 12 hours in the breakthrough session, I just want to stop overeating...I just think we haven't found the 'real' reason for my overeating, but it is there to be found, just need to be patient and have the right questions asked and hopefully then we'll see where my problem lies. I am very hopeful that my psycotherapist will help me unlock the issues, I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with her.

I think the main thing is to never give up, if you don't give up you are still on the journey to slimdome x

Hi Joe,

I hope hypnotherapy helps you! i had a session today however it didnt go well! the therapist had a long chat with me and said that i dont emotional eat, or have any problems. She said i am motivated, and just that i might have to take another approach to slimming. She said this diet might not be for me.
I dont know how i feel right now but i am so stubborn i really dont want anyone to tell me cd is not for me! it just annoys me...lol

i think the thing that shocked me the most is when she said deep inside me i dont really want it! and some part of me doesnt mind being fat......i dont know what to make of that???

but i feel positive and calm after the chat. So who knows tomorrow is a new day! i might prove everyone wrong?

Suki

Back