ASDA Chosen by you Tomato & Roasted Vegetable pasta salad

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Okay, I love this pasta. But I'm sure it's about 22.5syns!! Why???
Surely it's pasta & vegetables. Why soooo high?

I can't find this particular one on the SW website, so used the food calculator and it says it's this high in syns.

The reason I like it is - unlike homemade pasta - when it is chilled it is still moist :) i find homecooked pasta dries out when it's put in the fridge. It also has a really nice taste (i know, sounds silly, but i just cant replicate it!)

If i list the ingredients, maybe some recipe buffs will know what will work in my own recipes and what it causing such a high syn count?

cooked frusili pasta
water
durum wheat semonlina
sundried tomato and basil dressing
tomatoes
brown sugar
tom. puree
rapeseed oil
white wine vinegar
basil
sun dried tom. puree
tomato paste
sunflower oil
sugar
salt
natural herb extracts
garlic puree
stabilisers
xantham gum
guar gum
colour (paprika extract)
roasted vegetables
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS, FLAVOURS OR HYDROGENATED FAT.

HELP :D
xx

DId you include the free food allowance for the pasta?

I think so? Which is why I was even MORE shocked. Any advice (or the right way to do it) is appreciated :) xx

If you post the nutritional info someone else can check it for you.

semolina
sundried tomato and basil dressing
brown sugar
tom. puree
rapeseed oil
sun dried tom. puree
tomato paste
sunflower oil
sugar
roasted vegetables

^. . .^
|. . . .|
All of the above will contain calories that arent in the free food list so I would imagine it contains a fair few syns. Dont know how much without the jhtritional info though.

130Kcals
Protein 4.9
carbs 17.9
fat 4.5

package size 800g

haven't got the package in front of me, but im sure its these. thanks for helping guys :)
would be nice to know if this is a possible lunch to take to uni... or a massive no-go! xx

I'm assuming those are the numbers per 100g?

If so it's:

17 Syns per package/portion on Green

That's including cooked pasta as a Free food :(

Ah.... thanks for confirming :) i'll have to save it for a treat. I've resorted to pasta with mayo instead and garlic... keeps its moisture (okay, does rack up some syns... but not much :) ) xx

Fry light can help cooked pasta stop going sticky when cool. I make a 'pasta, spinach, philly and whatever else I happen to have' salad and that can get really claggy if I don't toss the cooling pasta in fry light.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Oh and shop bought pasta salads are moist when chilled because they are coated in tons of oil! Very vexing!

Oh thanks for the tip :) appreciate it!
Out of interest, how many syns in Philidelphia off the top of your head? Would that be better than light mayo? xx

I think 71g of philly light is hea. I'd say syns wise mayo would have more.

Another tip is not to mix ingredients together until pasta is completely cold. I've made a solid brick of pasta before by being impatient!

Back